Rant!

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by SUTTONSEEDS, Dec 14, 2009.

1. SUTTONSEEDS

SUTTONSEEDS Member

Local Time:
    8:34 AM
    Didnt know where to put this, but here will do, why is it , when ever i post a thread, especially one's that i have spent ages concieving and then typing, does it tell me that i cannot sumit because i am not logged on, even though that is the first thing i have done, and it even has my user name on the page ? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

2. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:
    It can be anoying I agree but there are a couple of simple things you can do to stop you from loosing what you've writen. Either copy the text (highlight and then press ctr + c) just before you submit or write you post out in word first and then copy it over.

3. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    4:34 AM
    I had that issue a couple of times early on and realized that when you sign in there is a little box next to your sign in information that says something like Keep me signed or something like that, click that box when you sign in and it wont happen to you anymore.

Mistress Michelle

4. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    Just an added note....When you click that little "remember me" box upon signing in, the site will remember you. So, if your habit it to just close your window when you are done, the next person to open The Mansion will be signed in to your account. If you're going to click that button, make sure when you leave you also log out. That will prevent others from getting into your profile without your knowledge or permission.

5. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It rarely happens to me, but I always write lengthy posts in Word first and cut and paste, especially if it's something really important and I know I'm going to ramble.

Hopefully Ms Linda and Ms Michelle's solution will help out.

6. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    9:34 AM
    As already stated, its basically down to 'cookies'!

When you sign in, click on the remember me box and a cookie will be stored on your computer which keeps your log in details and basically keeps you logged into the site. If you don't tick this box, you can still log in, but after a certain amount of time of just sitting at a page, the system believes you are inactive and for safety/security reasons, logs you out. So whilst you are sat creating a new thread, after a certain amount of time it believes you basically are not there, and logs you out.

It can be annoying, i understand that. But it's also a good thing. If you log in and as Ms Linda suggested, forget to log out. It will log out for you stopping anyone else who comes on the computer after you from being logged in as you.

Hope this all makes sense! And sorry to hear you lost a post because of it :happy0057:

7. SUTTONSEEDS

SUTTONSEEDS Member

Local Time:
    o.k. I think ive got it, Thanks for the advice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice