Making CB6000 Metal Parts & Improvements

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by jny, Jul 7, 2011.

1. jny

jny New member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    Hi all,

i just started wearing a CB-6000/Curve. Was looking for metal lock pins, but i also ran across this site recently:
    http://www.emachineshop.com/

....anyone interested in helping me design metal parts (using their 3D software) to work with or replace the plastic parts on the CB-6000? We then share the files so we can order the parts we want and have them fabricated?

i also bought a digital vernier gauge on ebay for about $15 bucks to accurately measure parts.
    (on ebay search on "Caliper Digital vernier gauge micrometer TOOL measuring")

My first thought was to get some metal locking pins made. But i also had the idea that metal "shroud" could be designed/machined that would cover the locking pin and guide pins AND the shank of the pad lock so none could be easily cut, making it much more secure.

But we could also design/machine our own base pieces and rings to be fabricated in metal using the site above. i am not sure on the cost yet as i have not tried ordering from them though. But we could share parts files as we model them in 3D using this sites software.

i can also imagine that as part of a metal shroud to cover the lock/guide pins, that the one end could be designed so a metal pin would go into the locking pin (in place of the lock) but then that pin slides into a round "lock shield" like used here...
    http://www.neosteel.de/Nsepmphb.htm
    ....the idea being that once the pad lock is put on it would lock and hold the lock pin in place, and the padlocks shank is then covered so it cant be cut. Losing the key really would mean getting out of this metal/upgraded CB-6000 would be extremely difficult or impossible. (hope you could follow my idea here)

The next step would be for that metal "shroud" to contain some sensors and microprocessor (or SOC, system on chip) that could wirelessly communicate via WiFi or Blutooth (to and iPhone or smart phone?) so your CB-6000 could be monitored and/or controlled by someone remotely over the internet.....but thats a whole another topic...

Anyone interested in helping model CB-6000 parts in 3D, so we could then get metal parts fabricated?

j

2. jny

jny New member

Local Time:
    There are actually several sites that with machine/make the parts you design. Maybe this could be the start of an "open source" Chastity project? hehe As people design better parts / Chastity designs the 3D files are added to a library of parts....that can then be downloaded and made, or improved upon by others; the improved or different designs added to the "library"....

If i get anywhere designing my own parts i let you know, trying to learn the 3D software (there are tutorial videos on the emachineshop.com site)

j

3. hhccii

hhccii Member

Los Angeles, CA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Thats a good idea, but what about the fact that the locks are so easy to pick to begin with?

4. magellan

magellan New member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    Thats a good idea. So we start this as an international open source project ;) (i'm from germany). We can realize new ideas and (as a second long-term consequence) may be its would reduce the commercial prices. I'm familiar with CAD software and production restrictions. If someone can post (handmade) drafts of parts we need I would be able to propose some 3D models.

But some problems are to solve:

- if you want to assembly the chastity device later, you have to consider, that the tolerances of the parts fits together. This is not simple, if the design cames from multiple independend sources.
    - the material is critical, because we do not want to take health risks

It's not so easy - but lets try it.

(I hope it is possible to understand my english. )

5. jny

jny New member

Local Time:
    >>Thats a good idea, but what about the fact that the locks are so easy to pick to begin with?<<

I never really thought about it, i am not sure i would even know how to try and pick a lock. Any of the locks on this page harder to pick than others? Think we need the 120 or 4120 size locks. Any other better locks out there we can use?
    http://www.masterloc...lidBodyPadlocks

The best solution would be a small computer controlled (electro-magnetic?) lock, built in to the chastity device itself, that could take "defensive measures" (audible alarm, deploy "teeth", etc) and notify the Key Holder if it detected the wearer was trying bypass it or cut any part of the chastity device. But that'd take a bit more work than i think we can do here….maybe in a couple years adding a computer chip and "intelligence" to our chastity device (that can communicate/tether to your GPS enabled smartphone) will become possible? Wow, think of the "possibilities"? For both the "Key Holder" and the wearer!! hehe

By the way, i use a MasterLock 121 lock i think it is. Can i get this lock wet, like in the bathtub? i was careful at first, but now just get it wet. Someone said it should be Ok. Maybe if all the internal parts were brass? Well, anyway, i am getting it wet. i will get some "lock lube" to use in it regularly. But if i still have to get a new lock every few months thats fine...

>>If someone can post (handmade) drafts of parts we need I would be able to propose some 3D models.<<

i am better at drawing in 2D (using MacDraft) than 3D hehe Will see if i can draw my CB6000 lock pin, spacers, base plate & guide pins and other base parts. In fact just had a couple ideas how the base plate could be modified (made bigger on top) to maybe incorporate that "shroud" or a piece to cover the lock & guide pins and encase the lock so none of them could be cut….hum….

>>- the material is critical, because we do not want to take health risks <<

Yes. Agreed. Medical grade steel best? Aluminum safe? What is used for watches and jewelry? emachineshop offers many materials to make parts from, even carbon fiber (but not sure if the resins used in that is safe to "wear", we could probably find out though, and which of the materials on this page safe for us to use and wear)
    http://www.emachines...als/page36.html
    ......probably be a good place to start, see what materials we can even use.

j

PS magellan, your English is fine. Much better than my German i am sure! (an interesting fact i learned recently; English is actually derived from West Germanic, hence some of the similar words....Vater/father, Mutter/mother...etc)

6. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    The CB6000 and all the other Miller designs are copyrighted, so you may need to tread carefully before trying to crank out metal versions. It might be better to come up with your own completely original design instead.

7. jny

jny New member

Local Time:
    Yes, the thought crossed my mind that is something to consider, what the legal limits are. And as a strong believer in property rights, patents and copy rights i would not want this infringe any of their designs or rights, or the their hard work.

My preference would be to just buy metal versions of their parts from THEM. But if they refuse to offer them, well, so be it. That is their choice. But i also have the right to legally make my own parts for my use. i have ZERO desire or intention of making metal versions of their parts and offering them for sale on the internet. But as i say, i have every legal right to make my own parts to use with my CB-6000.

And lets be clear here, if i or anyone else here makes a metal lock pin, or metal base plate, or metal ring in the size that fits me best to improve our CB-6000's that will have ZERO effect on the sale of CB-6000's. A metal lock pin or base plate does not make a chastity device. In fact it might even HELP sales if people know their CB-6000 can be improved and/or customized later if they buy one.

Likewise, the "shroud" i mentioned above would be an add on part to enhance the security of an existing CB-6000.

i actually have much admiration for the creators of the CB-2000, CB-6000, etc. and don't want to do ANYTHING to harm their business. In fact just the opposite, i want them making lots of money so they keep making better designs we can all buy in the future. i actually think an active community of users offering ideas to improve things could be good for the company. But yes, i absolutely agree we should not infringe the Millers intellectual property. But i hope you agree with me that those of us who bought legal copies of a CB-6000, and support the company (i actually also had to buy a Curve tube for my CB-6000 for an extra $74.00 bucks), have every right to improve it for our own use.

j

8. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Absolutely. I wasn't trying to imply that you were up to no good. But certainly it can be a slippery slope to make your own improvements, then other people want one, and as this was intended to be a group project, suddenly you're being sued because someone in Belgium decided to make a few euros out of it.

Metal locking pins have been available for the CB series for years, and I agree, they can help extend usage of a Miller design and encourage sales from people who think a plastic pin is not secure enough.

My aim was just to point out a potential pitfall before it was too late. There are people in the world who think everything should be freely available to them. And others who don't consider the implications of copying someone else's work. Without declaring where you stand on the issue, there was no way to know if you were in either of these two camps. You have now stated for the record that you are in neither. As a copyright holder, I'm with you.

9. pet69

pet69 Slave

labor law
    Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    hi,
    it's fun to share your thoughts about home Improvements. I have been searching for a padlock which is secure and has a pretty key to my KH. A common key raises questions in some societies, in groups where an honest answer is not always appropriated.

An APP which can lock up is interesting. The question is whether it is possible without power supply and could we be without our moments where we can see the key teasingly before us, so close and yet so far away? Just think of how we have to solve water protection. One shower and locked until further assistance.

I am basically a mechanical designer, product development, and I am also happy to help with CAD files and ideas.

Personally I have used the following suppliers for rapid prototyping:
    Shapeways
    pronoko

As usual with these methods, you have more to wish for regarding the surface roughness. But the costs of the individual are relatively low. Precision is good, so you can adjust a few percent where one wishes to improve the surface. To first develop a prototype in plastic for evaluation is recommended. Do you agree?

I look forward to how this thread develops!

Furthermore, I share the respect of protection of designs and copyrights.

BR
    PET69

10. jny

jny New member

Local Time:
    Hi all,

i did not forget about this. Just got busy with a few other things, and also wanted to think the best way to proceed from here. i can see a couple things we can do here;

1. Start by modeling in 3D the Lock Pin and spacer, so we can make our own metal versions, including custom lengths, for our own use. Then maybe the base plate/guide pins piece and possibly custom ring sizes. i think, out of respect for the company, we do NOT try and model any of their tubes. We could also model "add on" parts that would help make our CB-6000's more secure or for other functions though. Perhaps this could be good for the company, sort of an "open source" project. Even Apple uses open source code, taking from the community and giving back so all may benefit http://www.apple.com/opensource/

2. Depending on how this develops and how much interest there is, and given we can now design our own parts and have those parts made and sent to us, we could explore the idea of a fully "open source" chastity design, or designs, of our own. Now, as in having any parts made or machined from metal, the cost would probably be way above what any mass produced "plastic device" would cost. And each person may still need to buy a CB-6000 or other device just so than could get an idea of what size parts they need or could use, before laying out $ to have custom parts made. Any interest out there in possibly designing our own in the future?

3. i was thinking again about how to bring "high tech" and remote control and monitoring of our chastity devices. IBM actually made a "WatchPad" watch that ran Linux back in 2001!
    http://www.research..../ngm/wp10_e.htm
    ...this got me searching some more and the idea of using an iPod Nano as a control/communications device crossed my mind. The size, computing power and battery life seem quite good. Even has a great touch color LCD screen (that can be rotated with a gesture using two fingers) for input and output. But even the 6th generation does not have BlueTooth or WiF, and Apple offers no SDK for the Nano so no 3rd part apps can be written for it (even though the 6th gen appears to run a version of iOS). A BlueTooth adapter is available but it needs to be plugged into the 30 pin port....making use of that port to use to monitor sensors, and/or control a lock, on the chastity device more difficult. But writing our own software seems difficult anyway...but imagine if the 7th generation Nano has BlueTooth built in and Apple opens it up to 3rd party apps! This could then potentially become the "brain" of a chastity device.....that becomes way more powerful when (wirelessly) paired with an iPhone or smartphone that would in turn put your chastity device on the internet, allowing remote monitoring and control, and allow for a number of other features via software or an app running on the phone.....for example, your key holder could put an "electronic fence" around your house (using the GPS in your phone), so if you try to leave your house some kind of "discomfort" device or zapper goes of in your chastity device! This could also be triggered if your smart phone is more than a few feet away from your chastity device (making defeating the device hard, or painful hehe). Gee, with the built in camera in smartphones these days your Key Holder could make you get on a video call so She can see you and get a report from you how things are going. As long as She does not use it to make you rob a bank (or your employer)...else "punish" you it could add a whole new dimension to chastity….24/7/365 "remote" monitoring and control of you could add a whole new dimension to being in "chastity"!!

j

11. MikeyLikes

MikeyLikes Active member

Bus driver
    Calgary, AB
    Local Time:
    9:16 AM
    On a related note (to the discussion of copying), I was just reading a post on the Fort chastity device, which appears to be a stainless steel version of the 3000. I don't think these devices are being produced any longer, which is too bad as a SS version of the 6000s would be fun to wear sometimes.

12. chastityquestion

chastityquestion Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have been modifying my devices for quite some time now and I am always looking to improve upon them. My first major modification was to combine my CB 3000 with a butt plug harness but not simply wear them together, Basically I found that my biggest dislike of the CB 3000 was that when I would become aroused the device would begin to pull away from my body. For me the issue was two fold. As I became erect the cage/tube would be forced away from my body and expose the top part of my shaft and the second issue was that if prolonged this would become quite painful for my balls. Perhaps the most problematic issue is that the extra movement would allow me to cheat by sliding the cage back and forth, For me, I enjoy both not being able to grow in width but also length while locked

So I set out to design an attachable harness with an option plug that would keep the cage and rings securely tight against my pelvic region and prevent the painful tug on my balls. I had some success but the harness wasn't comfortable enough to wear long term. There simply wasn't a good way to attached a cable or strap to the ring without chaffing and pinching. Additionally, I find it more erotic to have my erections restricted from growing both in length and girdth

I recently discovered an attached to the CS 1000 called the Security Bow and have considered purchasing it but have also considered attempting to create a similar attachment for the CB XXXX that could then be used in conjunction with some type of harness that would be be attached to the front/top of the cage.

http://www.fetisch-felix.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p14_security-bow.html

Although the cable is designed for the CS 1000 I believe that a similar device/or the Security Bow would most likely solve this problem.

Does anyone have any insight on whether this idea might work? Also since I enjoy making the modifications myself I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on how I might be able to make a similar attachement. Any thoughts would be appreciated

13. aaa1231

aaa1231 Junior Member

Local Time:
    id really like to be part of this projet. i am in a cb6000 and i glued the cage multiple times after splitting...now glue strains are visible and i always fear the pinching sensation if it happends again!

14. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:

The plastic ones were always splitting, All designs except the 5k have split whilst I was wearing them.

I love my Fort. It is a medical grade stainless steel copy of the cb 3000. The A-rings were too bulky and were not medical grade stainless, I had one made and have never looked back.

Its a pity they stopped selling the Fort in the west I'm sure had they continued and diversified a little, maybe copying the 6000 and 6000s, took some of the user comments into consideration and made some adaptations and then I'm sure they would have taken a very big share of the market.

Millers don't make a steel one so you have to buy elsewhere. That is there own fault.

I admit I am quite indifferent about copyright and am happy to respect other people's views on it as long as they accept mine. When I want something that's unavailable or too expensive I will look elsewhere. I thought the Chinese didn't concrn themselves about it either so I'm surprised they no longer sell the Fort to the West. I doubt they make them anymore I don't think TTTWD is very popular outside the West. I would imagine that very little alteration, copying something so that it was the same but different, would overcome any copyright issues. There are after all many other CDs that are very similar to the Millers product.

Ask yourself this; do Millers really take on board their customers' comments ?

To my knowledge;
    They won't make a SS version.
    They have never even bothered to change the their hinged rings for one that was none irritating.
    They not done anything about making the guide pins screw in to enable easier replacement.
    Many people have said they would like to not have the slots, they serve little purpose.
    Millers are so convinced that their product is inescapable they make no effort to sell improvements to security, though there are many things people adapt to improve security there are only a very few that are specifically made for the purpose and Millers stock none of them.
    To be honest for an acrylic object that can split, IMHO they are a little over priced.

Don't get me wrong I think their acrylic products or good copies are an excellent, if not the best, introductory devices. I think a very large percentage of wearers started out with one of the CB-K range.
    How many people move on to SS ones though? and are Millers even aware about how much they are potentially missing out on.
    ...............................................................................................................................................................

Making Stainless Steel replacement or substitute parts as a 'community effort' sounds like an excellent idea and I wish you all well with it. When you start looking into a substitute for the cage/tube part please let me know. I'd love a 6000s sized cage with no vents and something like this http://steelworxx.de/PA-Fixing-114p.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice