CBs and their knockoffs

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by PuellaPurpurea, Jun 29, 2011.

1. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    8:37 AM
    Hey there, everyone. It's been a while since I've poked my head in here.

My boy and I have been considering trying something from the CB series, most likely the 6KS, because we think the interchangeable size rings will hold him better than the cheap metal device we got on eBay that was too big for him. However, being college students, we really don't have money to spare. Now, we know that those cheap Chinese knockoffs of the CBs are inferior in quality, but for a couple of newbies who only want to see if the CB model works for them, would you say getting one of these cheapos as a trial run is worth it?

Thanks a ton!

Puella

2. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    3:37 PM
    Depends on the price really and How much! you treasure his assets in the unlikely event of something breaking and cutting him. You say you tried a steel type but the ring was too loose did it only come with one size ring? the type i bought from e-bay made by "caged" was very good quality and came with three different sized rings included and i have to say for around £24 in our money was excellent value and much better than any of the miller plastic ones i have bought in my opinion.

3. m2s

m2s Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:37 AM
    Go for it. I found a CB-6k Chinese knockoff for $20, and it's worked out fine.

4. pedro1a

pedro1a New member

Local Time:
    Hi puella, and welcome.

As to your question, depends on what you intend to use it for, I'd say.
    If you intend to use it for games and 'play' or trial, a Chinese copy may be sufficient... But don't expect to much of these, however.

If you're really into 'earnest' chastity, or even 24/7, you should really go for something more 'solid' (pun intended)!

Otherwise you are likely to be disappointed quite soon.
    Still, the CB 6k/s may, indeed, be a good idea to start with because of the versatility, even if buying the original means some saving.

Good luck, and have fun

pedro 1a

5. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    Thanks a bunch, everyone. I really appreciate your experience.

Hm... In the event that I bought one of these and it broke while he was wearing it, where do you think it would be most likely to break? How likely would it be that it hurt him, and how/where?

6. jerry locked

jerry locked Member

Local Time:
    11:37 AM
    i had two of them break in different locations. One broke on the restraining ring, where hole section holds the guide pin. This only caused the CB3000 device to become loose and did not cause pain. However, the penis cage on the CB3000 did split along the side on the other occassion. This had a VERY severe pinching problem of some very sensitive flesh. These both are rare occurances, but now you know.

7. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    i too had the tube break on the welded seam on my cb6000 and it BLOODY hurt! and mine was a genuine miller cb 6000.

8. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Haven't some people commented that these "stainless steel" knockoffs are actually only thinly plated, and caused some nasty allergic reactions? Something else to consider, I think.

9. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I would be reluctant to purchase any CD that I had not read a large number of reviews for, perhaps less if I trusted / respected the sources. This is I think particularly important for metal ones, in my case because of the potential allergy complications, which are often of a lower standard than one might hope.

Also to consider is the amount and type of usage, one every blue moon for an hour or so, or longer term. Obvious which use needs the more careful prior scrutiny.

Personally I have a Fort, the cage/tube part causes me no concerns at all. (Yes I'd love to tweak it a little) From reading elsewhere (particularly posts by Tom Allen) I knew the rings were going to be a problem for me as they contain nickel. I have found Kink friendly person and he made me a metal ring (plus locking pin and spacer) from surgical quality steel. I have no complications arising from this set up to date.

In short if you as a couple do decide to go down the, more than a few hours, longer term wear route then a little careful research can potentially avoid a great deal of expense in finding the CD that works for you both. Lack of complications from wear and security being perhaps the main issues.

I do possess a 'cheap Chinese knock off ' copy of the cb6000. It caused me no other complications than any of my Miller's CBxxxx s. Though I can not comment on the likelihood of the tube splitting through long-term wear. Which incidently each of the Miller's ones I've worn have done at some time, and I've used all except the 5000. Incidently they were replaced without question, although it does take a little time to do that having bought them by mail order.

Whatever your decision in regard to continuing TTTWD and which CD you do purchase should you choose to so. You will, if you wish to, find lots of sincere and sensible advice here from (and perhaps most importantly) friendly people who although they don't yet know you have only your best interests in mind. Of course there are other sites that will offer advice too, just be carefull, being both students you are most likely (hopefully anyway) intelligent people but not (no disrespect intended here) necessarily 'worldly' and there are a few ....well ... to be frank.. nutters out there whose advice should be corroborated before assimilation, especially by the less experienced.

One other thing, if you are not BOTH enjoying yourselves review what it is that you doing that for one or both of you isn't working and see if you can fix it, and have regular review dates scheduled so neither of you feels they have to broach the subject. And above all don't be afraid to stop, you can always try again.

I wish you and your's well little purple dragon. Or is it the little purple dragon that's going in the cave??

10. pedro1a

pedro1a New member

Local Time:
    Hi puella,

having said the above about Chinese Knockoffs and the Original, durabiltity, however, IS an issue even with the originals.
    They DO break or split sometimes, while splitting seems to be the lesser problem.

But I wouldn't like to think of the knockoffs in this respect.

Well I have experienced an example (Original) recently which split slightly from the top to about halfway down the tube.
    If it is no more than this, however, a few drops of super glue should solve the problem.

Really breaking it, of course, you might face some of the problems already mentioned.

Good luck, and all the best

pedro1a

11. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    I really want to thank everybody here for responding. After reviewing everybody's experiences, we're going to try a plastic knockoff first. It appears that both the knockoffs and the originals are prone to splitting, and since he and I will start out with light play for sure, a knockoff should be sufficient for now at least. If something goes wrong, there's always superglue and filing, and even if that doesn't work, $20 isn't all that much to have lost. And if anyone's worried, we're both enjoying ourselves very much. ^^

Thanks again, everyone! Take care!

~Puella

The purple dragon's got a helpless but handsome prince captive in her lair. <3 (But how did you guess that I like dragons? "Puella" just means "girl"...)

12. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    ~Puella
    (quote) (But how did you guess that I like dragons? "Puella" just means "girl"...) (quote)

Perhaps it was just a lucky guess... ;-)

Have fun

filltee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice