Daytime chastity - can it be done?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Shock Tactics, Mar 23, 2023.

Random Thread
  1. Shock Tactics

Shock Tactics Member

Local Time:
    7:12 PM
    Just a thought experiment - my wife and I are embarking on chastity for the first time at the moment and I'm struggling to sleep in my cage for anything above about 90 mins at a time. I've read lots of posts that say it will get better over time, or that the cage must be wrong etc. Those things are perhaps correct, and it may get better over time. Lots of guides also say that for couples to get the most out of chastity, it should be 24/7.

But I'm curious - do you think it's possible to have effective, enjoyable chastity where the cage comes off at night? How can this work logistically? I feel like it would give me waay too much opportunity to abuse the system and I don't really trust myself fully. I also want to avoid it becoming a complete PITA for my wife too, constantly passing a key around.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of timed safe for the key, or something that inhibits masturbation but is way more comfortable to wear at night (if such a thing exists...)?

Anyone out there daytime-only chasters?

2. Jollysub9

Jollysub9 Member

Tech
    Austin Texas
    Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    I think you have heard right. Get the right fit and just deal with it. Keep ice packs close by. That helps me when I have been teased extensively or at the beginning of a lock up. But fit is truly important and lube.

Shellysboytoy and Littlejt1 like this.
  3. Coffeeandcaged

Coffeeandcaged Active member

Local Time:
    2:12 PM
    I did this for many years. On when I wake up and off when I went to bed. The only thing that drove me to go 24/7 was the enjoyment of waking up and feeling the cage on me.

Lovelocked likes this.
  4. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    How long have you been trying to wear a cage? Do you use lube? What causes you to want to remove it?

The fact is, it’s less whether you can make it work part time, which you can. It is more likely that once you get to a certain point, you won’t want to take it off.

Night time is a special challenge. It is also a special torment that constantly reminds you of her.

Most men go through what you are. As you noted, it takes a correct fitting cage and some time.

5. Lock&Key

Lock&Key Active member

Local Time:
    2:12 AM
    I’m currently a “daytime-only chaster”, hoping not to be. I’m new to this but from what I have gathered, it is better to be an “all-time chaster”, in order to get the most out of this. But until I find a solution to the “midnight burn”, it is going to be tough for me.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  6. Isopropylforyou

Isopropylforyou Long term member

Seeker of Truth and Knowledge.
    Texas
    Local Time:
    Well,

According to the Chastity manual, Chapter 2, page 63 paragraph one it states...

Just kidding, their is no manual to chastity.

You need to do what works for you.

Treat Chastity like a buffet. Pick what you want and what works best for the both of you and leave the rest.

Try new things and see if they work.

Me personally, I cannot sleep in a cage, and I need my sleep. My job depends on me being as alert as possible, so I don't wear one when going to sleep.

Try taking your cage off when you go to be and put it on in the morning.

If you are having issues, talk to your Keyholder about the problems you are having and work it out together.

But above all, have fun with it.

Iso.

Lockhappy, lyberg, taped2 and 4 others like this.
  7. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh yes, that's definitely the best part for me. If my wife rolls over with her back towards me I absolutely have to start to rub her back - I can't help it. She can enjoy it knowing she is in charge and is under no obligation to give any response. If it weren't for chastity neither of those things would be true.

Chaste Bear likes this.
  8. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    #8 Lovelocked, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Oh yes, that's definitely the best part for me. If my wife rolls over with her back towards me I absolutely have to start to rub her back - I can't help it. She can enjoy it knowing she is in charge and is under no obligation to give any response. If it weren't for chastity neither of those things would be true.

Sorry for the duplicate post. I don't think I can delete it.

Coffeeandcaged likes this.
  9. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    If you're just starting out, don't sweat it, unless your wife explicitly demands 24/7.

Get used to the cage a bit at a time, then try introducing over-night when it's no longer a new thing.

My wife usually wants me out of it at night, but when she doesn't, then I learn to deal with it.

10. Ron33

Ron33 Long term member

Retired
    Arkansas
    Local Time:
    I did for a two to three years. My wife and I worked different days pretty often and I was home alone a lot. And, I retired early before she did.

I was locked in the morning before she left for work. I would unlock sometimes not long after she was home, but commonly wore it until bedtime. It is suprising how much more I got done around the house locked up!

I did sleep in it sometimes. She has left both keys at work and we went back to late on Friday to get them, I was locked all weekend.

Isopropylforyou likes this.
  11. Deleted member 104385

That's our current chastity routine. I wake up shower and the cage goes on till she takes it off or right before we go to sleep. She has said many times that she would rather feel me vs a cage pressed into her body when were holding one another at night. So she prefers it off when we sleep which is fine with me, bc when I sleep I'm out. I've only slept with the cage on a hand full of times like for instance if she is on a girl's weekend or trip then I'll stay locked the entire time she is away up until she takes it off when she gets home or we go to bed that night, and I usually wake up with my body trying to get an erection but usually just go to the bathroom and pee and it goes away till I have to go again. So far usually twice a night to pee or getting erections from having to pee. When I sleep without it I usually only get up once to pee. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night with a hard on not from having to use the bathroom and I never wake up horny to where I'm like I need to rub one out real quick either.

So it's very reasonable of a routine but cage or no cage the lifestyle is staying orgasm free till your wife/partner/key holder wants you to do that's the commitment you make to them with or without cage.

12. Deleted member 104385

I have recently had an experience not sure what to make of it. Usually most days 90% of the time I'll wake up shower and put the cage on and go through the day till bed time when the cage comes off. The other times is weekends when we're home it's hit or miss if I'm caged. Since we're always together on the weekends she sees no need for me to wear the cage since I can't really sneak off to play with myself or anything. The other day I was cage free the entire day/weekend and decided to for the hell of it sleep with the cage on to see what happens. And to my surprise I had no uncomfortable issues what so ever. No ball burn (which I would get a little of throughout the days and have to apply a lubricant of some sort) no discomfort, nothing at all that I'd have to tolerate so to speak. And that turned into me wearing it for almost a week straight when she had said she wanted me to take it off. So I did.

What is weird is that when I normally put a cage on in the am and go through my day I get ball burn to an extent, I have to lubricate a few times a day. When I wore it at night I put it on dry, and it stayed in place didn't move what so ever. And I left it dry for the four days and nothing to the extent of what I would normally experience with my normal daily routine. What makes it more unexplainable is that I tried repeating it in the morning when I woke up put the cage on dry like I did when I wore it over night (which lead to 4 days of wear no issues) and it was worse than the normal routine. So I am not sure why it felt great for 4 days vs trying to recreate it and I could barely wear it without having to re apply a lubricant every few hours. I could not make heads or tails of it.

13. CuriousAndy

CuriousAndy Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    She generally prefers me unlocked when we go to sleep, then locks me back up in the morning after a shower. She believes it's healthier. Though occasionally she'll leave me locked over night too. I remain chaste when unlocked for sleeping, she's in charge and lying right next to me.

I'm used to being locked and its normally comfortable (took a while though). However, some mornings when I'm locked back up my balls fight against it, they sit high and tight when unlocked and they struggle to tuck back up. It can take an hour or so for them to give up, relax and drop. I lube up while that's happening. Once they relax the cage feels fine.

As well as numerous ball trap cages I have a chastity belt and that is extremely comfortable to sleep in, no pressure on the balls at all. Though the cages are more comfortable to sit in during the day.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  14. Caged for life

Caged for life Long term member

Sheetmetal mechanic
    USA
    Local Time:
    I ha e to get to pee several times a night to relieve the erections

15. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    It does all get easier, like most things, over time.

A well fitting cage helps.

24/7 locked with her holding the only key will transform both of your experience of chastity and really ought to be the goal to aim for.

It just takes time. For some it's easy, and for some it takes a long time.

16. Ilikebond

Ilikebond Long term member

Local Time:
    Im the other way. No problems at night. It sucks wearing it all day at the office.

Deleted member 104385 likes this.
  17. Lockedpeanut

Lockedpeanut Active member

Local Time:
    It does take a while to be comfortable over night and it does get better over time
    The only rules are ones you guys set yourself so do whatever feels right/works for you and not something you have read online

allfullup and Lock&Key like this.
  18. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    Yes, we do this. It's just a partial trust based chastity system. You don't need any hardware at all to do male chastity, if you're honest. If you can't be honest with your wife then you have problems that can't be solved by a cock cage. Simply tell her if you cheat and masturbate. And if you keep cheating, she should just stop engaging in this activity with you.

I've heard stories of guys getting some pretty serious injuries wearing a cage overnight due to uncontrollable nighttime erections. That should be avoided. The guys saying they wear 24x7 for months probably are old guys with severe ED to begin with. Any good doctor will tell you that you can judge a man's general health by asking if he gets morning wood frequently. You know you did when you were a teenager. If that stops, and your dick isn't working, you're not in good health. Indicates blood flow issues, hormone issues, artery clogging etc.

How does it work? However you and your keyholder want it to work. For me and my keyholder it was in our written chastity contract that she would let me out every night for at least 3 hours before bed time for hygiene and gym. And I've never slept in the cage. So she unlocks you at night, when she wants. But she has to do it, but you shouldn't pester her about when. That's something we worked out. Then in the morning you recage and show her or ask her to lock you before you both start your day, whatever that means for you. You don't want this to be a burden for her. She locks and unlocks. Otherwise it's all on you to cage and clean.

You may have to adapt this to your situation if you can't stop yourself from masturbating. Maybe you only get unlocked immediately before bed to reduce your time of temptation to cheat.

Tcat47 likes this.
  19. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    Iso is correct, of course, do what works for you and, especially, your wife. As several members have said in this thread, daytime only works for them (and for some, their wives prefer the natural feeling).

But as @Xileh says, nightime is special, the nocturnal erections and morning wood remind you so much of her and your submission. It depends on your and your wife's goals. Erection control, not orgasm control, is what many of us, especially the masturbators among us, need. We need our chastity cages to get our erections and their negative effects under control. For those of us who are narcissistic about our penises and are masturbators, erections interfere with accepting our submission and accepting ourselves as beta males and opening ourselves to true intimacy and understanding with our wives. So you and your wife need to decide why you wear a chastity cage for her.

Chaste Bear and Isopropylforyou like this.
  20. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    I'm thinking Marcus, that you are not a cumpulsive masturbator like many of us. Some of us cannot control it, if we're not locked we will "cheat" as you put it. But doesn't mean our wives should stop chastity -- it means that we need more chastity, including overnight chastity.

With all due respect, many of us are 24/7 for weeks or months at a time. And I definitely do not have severe ED! Indeed, my chastity cage protects me from numerous erections every day, and night too.

21. Marcus_Fappington

Marcus_Fappington Mid-Life Crisis Haver

American lost in Europe somewhere
    Local Time:
    Alright, well maybe some people need that extra preventative measure. I get that. I use similar techniques in other areas of my life. Like say there's a website I don't want to visit, I'll block it in my hosts file and on my router. Obviously I know how to unblock it but the extra steps to do so will almost always prevent me from visiting that site. So in that sense, having the cage on can be a massive deterrent to masturbation even though you could technically take it off or escape it if you REALLY wanted to.

Well, if you don't NEED to be caged overnight then I recommend you don't do it. It's harder to sleep, risks penis injury, implies less hygiene and cleaning etc.

22. BigWoodsmanLittleWood

BigWoodsmanLittleWood Active member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    My cage is very comfortable to sleep in. Get the right cage and you’ll be good.

Open2njoy likes this.
  23. Servus

Servus Long term member

Germany
    Local Time:
    8:12 PM
    Just get a devoce that fots properly and get a real chaste by accepting the first pain in the beginning.

I had a bigger basering in the beginning because I had fear of cutting off the blood flow.

No problem for wearing by night. 24 /7 / 365 is no problem

Stop overthink it.

24. Chaste Bear

Chaste Bear Long term member

Liverpool, England
    Local Time:
    For me it was 2 months of waking 2-3 times a night but gradually the nocturnal erections diminished. Sizing is paramount, just small/tight enough to deny spare room for an erection to gain momentum but not too small that you're in a cock ring situation where blood can't drain out. Agree with @JaySaysYes though, 24/7 in terms of intimacy is the best.

25. enslavedbyc

enslavedbyc Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:12 PM
    My device is very comfortable at night and I’d much rather wear it than sleep in the 4-point medical restraints that she puts me in if want it off for a night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice