Chastity cages and Christianity

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Guest 3944, May 13, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    9:17 AM
    If only there were a word for such a thing.

littleguy3 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  2. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    6:17 AM
    Touché! Well done True42.

3. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    I'm here all week ...

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  4. Jay Sub

Jay Sub Married with Cage

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    1:17 PM
    Question.

Should we all, whether theist or atheist, be thankful for the existence of the Abrahimic religions for the concept of chastity? Even if we don't still follow the practices of our forefathers and mother's, we have all been influenced by the general zeitgeist of the culture we inherited. Without the preconceived views about sex and sexuality, that we often must fight to shake off, would we have this kink?

If there was, and had never been any sexual repression, and complete sexual equality in an imaginary utopian world....Could chastity have been on the cards for men?

Not a trick question, not wanting to get into religion of the past, as I think we all here are quite progressive, ahead of our time. I'm just wired this way to ponder such things.

5. littleguy3

littleguy3 Adoring husband

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Hmmm....
    1. The idea of monogamy was at the beginning of the Judeo Christian belief system.
    2. If you mean equality to be "value", then there should never have been a difference in belief amongst adherents.
    3. Men and women were never physically or sexually equal. A man's sex drive and response system from my observations appears to be very different than a woman's.
    Therefore, if one and three are both true and two is understood by the faithful adherents, chastity (i.e. a chaste lifestyle) seems to be the natural requirement for men (and women). Because of #3, it's more relevant for men.

I don't know if that addresses your question(s) exactly; just some quick thoughts on the topic.

6. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Good points. Monogamy is an important part. And as you say we were never sexually equal in our sex drives. The fight in us to remain monogamous enhanced by feelings of faithfulness to our spouses, in thought not just in deed, all play into the psycology that makes chastity so much of a game changer in many relationships. Just the way our bodies work put chastity on the cards. It's funny really, secular sex advice generally says men should masturbate as much as they like. No sex therapist would even recommend semen retention, let alone chastity to reconnect couples.

captivatedbyher likes this.
  7. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    I agree with your comments about secular sex advice! I only occasionally come across someone secular who doesn't think masturbation is a good thing. Dr Trish Leigh is an exception.

8. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Thank you for that. She's great. Just stops short of saying "For Pete's sake Lock it up boys" Is it wrong that I'm highly aroused by her? Maybe that helps!

9. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Is it a coincidence that B.C. could mean "Before Chastity" and A.D. "After Domination"?

littleguy3, Lazlo Toth and Robins toy like this.
  10. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    I know nothing about Christianity. I mean I know the basics. My father was brought up as a Methodist (I also have no knowledge of what that actually means). I went to church every Christmas eve as that was the done thing. I was only ever brought up to treat others like I would expect to be treated. It seems like a logical philosophy. Whether I believe or not right now, when all is said and done and I’m stood at those pearly gates I can justify how I lived my life. I always feel that living in that manner would be enough for any God.
    This however is where I struggle with religion:
    The Christian heart? I don’t actually know if that’s an actual teaching. Do you need to go to church every Sunday or understand the writings as such to live a Christian lifestyle?
    Do we have to know why we’re taking each action to know they are the right course?
    Do polar bears immediately live a sordid life for killing each other when they’re hungry?
    Are animals considered lower creatures than humans or should we treat all creatures with respect?
    We should treat each other properly, no matter what religion or upbringing.
    Apparently, treating others equally is only the basics of religion. I was condescendingly made aware of that from a Christian. But is that fundamentally what the Bible is written to achieve. To give guidance?
    It gives comfort, it gives guidance… but does the bible not over complicate manners to some degree.
    Does it matter what is written about chastity in any text (Christian or otherwise)? Chastity now is not chastity as it was then.
    When your standing there looking to enter the afterlife or however it is imagined, is it not important that when the question is asked:
    “So you lived your life in chastity”
    “Yes sir I did”
    That you have the answer to the real question?
    “Why?”
    Because if you blindly followed someone else rule in any context you are asking for trouble.
    The Christian heart therefore, to me, should transcend what is even written in the Bible. It should be a feeling inside that says. ‘Yes, this feels like it’s good. Good for me. Good for others. The right course.’

P.S. this is my favourite thread on CM! :)

Lazlo Toth and Jay Sub like this.
  11. captivatedbyher

captivatedbyher romantic want to be

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    May I ask, have you ever read the bible? Like the whole thing?

littleguy3 likes this.
  12. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    Absolutely not. And I’m not ridiculing anyone who has. Or anyone who finds direction within it.
    What I’m saying… is that everyone’s journey is different. But we have the same goal. To be the best version of ourselves for the community we live in. To ensure that community is doing the right thing for every other community it interacts with and so forth… the world is the best place it could be. As an ideology it’s perfection.
    Some may need the bible to ensure they’re on the right path. I do not. I inherently over assess my own actions. The thought of causing harm eats me up… so I try my best to ensure that’s not me.
    My point around overcomplicating matters was from what I see even on this site. There’s contradictory writings. Which is to be expected. However, they all have the same goal.

Jay Sub likes this.
  13. Design is me

Design is me Long term member

Local Time:
    You are counting on the fact that man is inherently good. Looking at the world today I would argue that man is not inherently good and the world needs things like the Bible to be a guide. What would the world look like today without the teachings of the old and new testament. The US was the first country to base its origins on freedom. That had never been done before. The basis of its existence is on Christianity and its teachings. Of course other countries followed suite, but would they have if not for the example of our beginning?

14. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    IB,

Your post and questions are good ones. Sure sounds like you are a good and decent man!

I think where Captivatedbyher was headed was that reading and understanding the Bible in a comprehensive way will answer your questions better than any of us can. One does NOT need to become expert, just grasp what the old and new testaments are trying to convey.

When I said “Christian heart” I was trying to convey to Jay Sub that I don’t feel he really understands the “heart” or mindset of the Christian. He referred to the “human heart”. A decidedly different mindset.

In a nutshell:

Human mindset: man is basically good and deserves a good life if you simply mean well and try your best.

Christian heart: Man is inherently sinful and needs the grace of Jesus Christ to redeem our sins.

But here’s the part even most Christians fail to understand: if you believe Christ died for you, you better do your best to act like it.

Personally, you sound like someone who fundamentally “gets it”. (You already know Christ’s #1 commandment—love one another as he loves us). Quality Bible teaching would probably fascinate you.

Just don’t make it a chore. Read it with an open heart, I promise you it’s time well spent.

15. littleguy3

Bondservant to my wife
    USA - Virginia
    Local Time:
    Many of us have landed here on CM because of a struggle with our masturbatory habits that have subverted our relationships at home. As one poster on this thread pointed out:
    While I haven't researched the question extensively, there seems to be a hesitancy among Christians to speak out on the topic of masturbation. While searching for some podcasts to listen to the other day, I came across this one by a Christian woman who, along with her sister, has a popular site devoted to dating, marriage and sexuality. It was fascinating to hear a woman's perspective on the topic of masturbation and her struggles with it. She goes beyond that to lay out her case for the chaste lifestyle based on her understanding of the biblical text. It really resonated with me. (Sorry guys. No mention of chastity cages.)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    Don't misrepresent me please. I understand the Christian heart as you put it. I just do not agree. There is a big difference.

Funny that you say "Human mindset" and "Christian heart." As if atheists don't have one. lol. Quite condescending really. Though I'm sure that's not what you meant.

17. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    wow. I can tell you’ve really thought about this over time. I was once sitting with some people from a lot of different religions and someone said: “Aren’t all religions basically the same. You have your religion of choice, and if you follow all the rules you get the reward in the end”. My comment was that I thought that it was true except for Christianity. The reward in the end is a free gift. It can never be “earned”. It’s purely inviting Jesus into our lives and allowing him and his presence to renew our mind. I like what you said about choosing actions based on if it feels like the right course. I like this because once someone invites Jesus to be part of their lives his spirit indeed guides your mind and feelings towards a loving path.

18. captivatedbyher

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Mine too!

littleguy3 likes this.
  19. captivatedbyher

Farmer
    Northern NY
    Local Time:
    Well ya, most women don't have a clue and most all men do it. For me I didn't want to think about it because I didn't know how to stop.

20. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well you cant now can you cos if you on here it mean that you have got a cage thats lock on you.

21. Jay Sub

England - South-East
    Local Time:
    What guides the mind and feelings towards a loving path of those without faith?

Is Christianity really a free gift? Do you not also need to accept Jesus died for your sins and ask for forgiveness? Atone for your sins? Is this not something you have to earn?

22. cj0434

cj0434 Active member

Local Time:
    We do have to accept Jesus. That’s just a choice. He atoned for our sins so we don’t have to. There is an old saying: an Apple tree bears apples because it’s an Apple tree, not in order to become one. In the same way, all the things I do as a follower of Jesus is a result of who I am becoming, not something I’m doing to become a Christian or earn “points”.

23. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Jay, semantic drivel. It doesn’t work.

You should try an easier topic for you. How about making the claim Tom Brady isn’t the best quarterback of all time?

24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Absolutely wonderful explanation of the “faith with works” ethos. Your words are a blessing CJ. Thank you a clear and contemporary explanation of what James tries to tell us in the Bible.

cj0434 likes this.
  25. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    CJ, you and IB have very nicely elevated this thread.

Fully accepting my sinful nature, I pray that my chastity efforts (and even those are tinged with sin) are met with mercy and understanding.

Wearing a chastity cage may not be pure, but I’m thinking what sort of man I’d be without it.....a far worse one.

NM Lori and captivatedbyher like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice