Covid-19 and Life

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Hubby&Missy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:01 AM
    PORTUGUESE RESEARCHERS FIND VACCINATED AND BOOSTED HAVE LESS PROTECTION AGAINST BA.5 THAN BA.2 VARIANT

People who have received a Chinese Coronavirus vaccine and a booster shot were more likely to end up in a hospital when infected with BA.5 than BA.2, according to a new study.

Researchers in Portugal found that BA.5 cases among the group had 3.4 times higher odds of hospitalization when compared to BA.2 cases.

The study also indicated that the protection against mortality was lower for BA. 5 vaccinated and boosted cases, when compared with BA.2 cases.

See:
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.07.25.22277996v1

subrick and Lazlo Toth like this.
  2. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    I've made no attempt to "settle my mind." It wasn't unsettled to begin with.

Neither of the Irish articles you linked had any mention, not even a hint, of corona virus or vaccine. Throw it all up there and see what sticks. Hardly scientific.

When we do take these stories, one by one, and examine them, the great conspiracy falls apart. No doubt the young man died. To attempt to assert this as any kind of evidence, or even infer it, that vaccine or the virus is connected or causal, plays on multiple fallacies. Lies.

You exemplify the conspiracy mind. Everything twisted to fit your view. Quite possible that some drove in cars during that period. Did cars or trucks cause cancer? Stars were out. Did that cause cancer? Is it possible they all at peas, or drank water, or ate with a plated spoon? One never knows, right?

Setting aside that the families, health organizations, employers, hospitals, and others have refuted your conspiracy theory here, you're left with little more than uneducated speculation and ignorance, without a leg to stand upon. To keep insisting, is to profess ignorance, and its not a good look for you.

Men died (men die all the time). All unrelated ailments, some long term, known to the families and employers, one of whom had shuttered his business on account of his illness, and yet you *think* they were vaccinated (though you don't know by what or to what extent, and by your guesswork, you infer that a covid vaccine killed them (in the face of multiple statements by highly competent organizations and authorities that this is not the case).

You're aware that the second booster was approved only a few days prior, right? They all rushed out and got it and died immediately, and nobody, including the health organizations for whom they worked, their professional peers, and others, was any the wiser. Truly remarkable...and yet you've figured it all out, by reading false narratives on the internet and repeating the lies here. Brilliant.
    You keep calling it the "chinese coronavirus vaccine." None of these doctors had a chinese vaccine. Numerous variants are founded in locations around the globe and the vaccines have been produced in Europe and in the USA. None of the vaccines found in Canada are Chinese. Your insistence on this redneck conspiracy-minded language is of itself a lie that you repeat over and over, as though your repetition will lend credibility. It does not.

As for your other claptrap, you're citing sources that lack authority and that cater to conspiracists like yourself, and given that you posted this material about the canadian doctors, without any substantiation, even though it's a lie, and given that you continue to attempt to support that lie with ignorance and guesswork, I won't dignify your other wild assertions with a response. I'll simply leave it that your further arguments, despite your link are idiotic.

This is the problem today; people posting lies in ignorance, and reposting them. It's on the internet, so it must be true, right? Given that you mindlessly repost material you don't remotely understand (and apparently cannot), further discourse with you will be wasted, and I'll be placing you on my ignore list; to be clear, that comment is not directed to Lucy, who does appear to have a more pragmatic view (although quotes and cites absolutely irrelevant and unsubstantiated material).

Noting that someone died is NOT scientific evidence showing causality. A lot of people die. Young and old.

Frank got a vaccine. Frank died. Therefore Frank died from the vaccine. This is a fallacy; it's a lie based on numerous logic failures. If one doesn't understand why, there's no point having the discussion.

3. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:

You keep trusting those "highly competent organisations and authorities", I don't.

You would not have believed this possible, but it happened, and things like it are happening all the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/apr/10/tamiflu-saga-drug-trials-big-pharma

2014 article from The Guardian.

What the Tamiflu saga tells us about drug trials and big pharma
    We now know the government's Tamiflu stockpile wouldn't have done us much good in the event of a flu epidemic. But the secrecy surrounding clinical trials means there's a lot we don't know about other medicines we take

Today we found out that Tamiflu doesn't work so well after all. Roche, the drug company behind it, withheld vital information on its clinical trials for half a decade, but the Cochrane Collaboration, a global not-for-profit organisation of 14,000 academics, finally obtained all the information. Putting the evidence together, it has found that Tamiflu has little or no impact on complications of flu infection, such as pneumonia.

That is a scandal because the UK government spent £0.5bn stockpiling this drug in the hope that it would help prevent serious side-effects from flu infection. But the bigger scandal is that Roche broke no law by withholding vital information on how well its drug works. In fact, the methods and results of clinical trials on the drugs we use today are still routinely and legally being withheld from doctors, researchers and patients. It is simple bad luck for Roche that Tamiflu became, arbitrarily, the poster child for the missing-data story.

And it is a great poster child. The battle over Tamiflu perfectly illustrates the need for full transparency around clinical trials, the importance of access to obscure documentation, and the failure of the regulatory system. Crucially, it is also an illustration of how science, at its best, is built on transparency and openness to criticism, because the saga of the Cochrane Tamiflu review began with a simple online comment.

4. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #3279 L-u-c-y, Jul 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Frank got a positive test (most likely false). Frank died. Therefore Frank died from covid. This is a fallacy; it's a lie based on numerous logic failures. If one doesn't understand why, there's no point having the discussion.

Frank got a negative test. Frank died. It's 1% possible Frank may have been in contact with someone with covid. Therefore Frank will be added to the covid deaths. This is a fallacy; it's a lie based on numerous logic failures. If one doesn't understand why, there's no point having the discussion.

This is the biggest medical blunder and over reaction in world history. It's been enabled by mass hysteria, which people like you are still perpetrating.

And I don't care how many trusted authorities you quote, those same trusted authorities claim men can have babies.

Those same trusted authorities have got it wrong thousands of times in the past. For some reason you assume it could never happen again.

2 of my friends are nurses and neither of them trusted the vaccines, they only had them because they probably would have lost their jobs otherwise. I wonder what percentage of health workers would not have got vaccinated if they had a choice. 50% I reckon.

Since the start of this hysteria all of my senses have told me it's totally wrong, you might think this is irrelevant but I do not.

5. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Chinese Coronavirus reinfection rate with treatment The Demented One is taking is approximately 40% - and not 2% as marketed by Pfi$er: Paxlovid is thought to suppress immune response which means your body can’t fight off new infection
    • New studies show that Chinese Coronavirus 'miracle drug' Paxlovid is not preventing against reinfection at rates initially reported;
    • One doctor, (a medical analyst for The Communist News Network), suggested that the rebound rate after a course of Paxlovid is 'likely 20-40% or higher';
    • This comes as The Resident of The White House, The Demented One, confirmed that he has been re-infected with Chinese Coronavirus; and
    • This week, Pfi$er, the pharma giant that manufactures the drug, posted huge sales growth in the second quarter, with Paxlovid sales raking in $8.1 billion! (That’s “Billion” ... with a “B”).

6EA05280-3558-4763-AFFA-E52A39E817CC.jpeg
    766769AF-1F86-410A-BD2A-85610A5251FB.jpeg
    See:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...treatment-Biden-taking-40-not-2-marketed.html

6. Suewiang

Suewiang Long term member

Maid
    England
    Local Time:
    thanks for that it just wouldn’t work for me

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  7. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    A great quote from Bret Weinstein...

“Given that “effective” apparently means you need four doses in less than two years and it still won’t protect you from contraction and transmission of Covid, what do you suppose “safe” means?”

8. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    6:01 AM
    But but “I know they would have died of Covid had they not got the new shot”. You know that’s going to be the response of some of the “experts” who don’t think for themselves and are blindly listening to the “leaders” who are pushing this on us.

9. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    So Sleepy Creepy Racist Joe has “rebound” Covid. And is being “isolated” even though he now doesn’t have symptoms and even though the CDC has said you’re safe to go out and about after 5 days from testing positive.

I don’t know about anyone else but that says a lot to me. One the CDC “guidance” is stupid. And two medical “professionals” clearly are not thinking and being used as pawns.

I had a NP pushing me to go back to work in 5 days even though I had a fever and was ill. He even got upset when I said I wasn’t fit to do so. He kept saying but the CDC says you can go back. And I kept saying I’m sick and don’t feel able.

On the other side it sure seems to me that they are using this to keep Creppy out of public view and limit us seeing the stupid things he does and says.

10. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  11. ChasteJase

ChasteJase Long term member

Local Time:
    It’s Time to Award the Covid Nobels.
    But they shouldn’t go to you-know-WHO.

https://www.city-journal.org/the-who-does-not-deserve-the-nobel-peace-prize?wallit_nosession=1

Intro to Article

The frontrunner for this year’s Nobel Peace Prize, according to the bets placed with British bookmakers, is the World Health Organization. It’s hard to imagine a worse choice. (Okay, Vladimir Putin.) The bettors’ theory is that the Nobel committee will honor the WHO for its efforts in fighting Covid-19—but it would be absurd to reward an organization that began the pandemic by spreading deadly misinformation, went on to promote disastrous policies, and now seeks new powers to do even more damage next time.

The Nobel jurors in Norway should be honoring the pandemic’s true heroes, starting with an obvious candidate across their border: Anders Tegnell, the state epidemiologist of Sweden. While the WHO and the rest of the world panicked, he kept calm. While leaders elsewhere crippled their societies, he kept Sweden free and open. While public-health officials ignored their own pre-Covid plans for a pandemic—and the reams of reports warning that lockdowns, school closures, and masks would accomplish little or nothing—Tegnell actually stuck to the plan and heeded the scientific evidence.

Journalists pilloried him for not joining in the hysteria, but he has been proven right. In Sweden, the overall rate of excess mortality—a measure of the number of deaths more than normal from all causes—during the pandemic is one of the lowest in Europe. Swedish children kept going to school and did not suffer the learning loss so common elsewhere. Swedish children and adults went on with their lives, following Tegnell’s advice not to wear masks as they continued going to schools, stores, churches, playgrounds, gyms, and restaurants. And fewer of them died than in most of the American states and European countries that delayed medical treatments, bankrupted businesses, impoverished workers, stunted children’s emotional and cognitive growth, and stripped their citizens of fundamental liberties.

Lazlo Toth and remyruff like this.
  12. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    I'll add this to our watch list
    Ontario doctor, 27, dies after collapsing during triathlon
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-doctor-27-dies-after-collapsing-during-triathlon-1.6007441

Dr. Candace Nayman of Hamilton tragically passed away yesterday after she unexpectedly collapsed during a triathlon last weekend. Dr. Nayman was a Year 3 pediatrician at the children's hospital

She is the 5th or 6th Canadian doctor to die. She collapsed and died during a Triathlon. Unlike at least one of the other docs, she did not have cancer or any other issues. Young, presumably healthy, athletic. Let's watch this one also and see where it goes.

13. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  14. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    Are you saying the doctors dying same week is bullshit? Or are you implying more? Where do you feel the bullshit starts or stops?

Should we be concerned that governments are lying to us or not? In your opinion.

Laz

15. HusbandX

Local Time:
    No one has questioned the death of the doctors. Their employers, their family the hospital, all released statements about their deaths.

Their employers, their family, and the hospital also released statements stipulating quite clearly that the rumors and conspiracy theories of the deaths related to covid 19, or to the vaccine, are not true.

What am I say is bullshit? I was very clear about that, but seeing as you asked: the statements, inferences, and conspiracy theories alleging that the deaths were the result of covid vaccine, are bullshit, because there is nothing to support that, clear statements by professions who worked with them and employed, them, and their families that the deaths were NOT linked to the vaccine or covid, and zero evidence otherwise.

Moreover, there was no mandate to get a second booster ("fourth shot") in Ontario; just a recommendation, and that, only issued a few days prior to their deaths, and that recommendation did not apply to them...but to three other demographics. None of them fell within those demographics.

Each died of unrelated causes. Statements support that. Links provided. There's no question that conspiracy stupidity attempting to tie their deaths to the vaccine are merely bullshit, with no evidence whatsoever offered to support that bullshit, and clearly much of it manufactured. The deaths, real. Everything else, bullshit. Clear enough?

16. HusbandX

Local Time:
    Given that the virus has rapidly evolved and continues to offer new variants and changing effects, rates of transmission, etc, it's no surprise at all.

A month ago I tested positive, and was isolated for five days, after which I had five negative tests before heading overseas. I arrived in Honolulu, felt unwell one evening, and took a home test picked up from a pharmacy. Positive. Again. I was tested in the morning, again positive. Isolated again in Honolulu, which if one hasn't been quarantined in Hawaii, sucks more than being quarantined in say, Detroit). At the conclusion, I tested negative again, five times.

This is a newer behavior of the virus that is being seen with the current variant more than past variants.

Since that time I have continued to test negative, and have no more signs or symptoms.

That said, I fall into high-risk categories for several reasons. When I do get sick, regardless of what it is, I tend to get very sick. I spent a number of years being hospitalized 3-4 times a year for a month or so, frequently returning home to find rumors of my having died, circulating (again). I have a long history of being knocked on my ass by everything from walking pneumonia to the common cold, and when i get it, I tend to have it for a long time...much longer than most, and typically will be coughing badly for months after.

In my case, there's a very real possibility that my symptoms, while unpleasant, could have been much worse. Did I contract Covid? Yes. Did it hospitalize or kill me? No. I didn't dodge the bullet, but I was certaily protected from it, much in the same way a ballistic vest won't keep me from getting shot, and it will hurt and I will be bruised, but it's better than not wearing the vest. Those vests do need replacement; Simply wearing one yesterday doesn't mean I don't need one today.

We get boosters for numerous shots; these are common for everything from the flu shot to tetanus and other vaccines. Because of my work and my travel, I have virtually every vaccine that's made, and three international shot cards identifying them, which I carry. I do get boosted, too. We have regularly gone into pandemic centers, such as ebola outbreaks, as well as numerous other locations around the world where those and other threats exist; it would be idiotic not to take full advantage of protections that are available, be it a vaccine or ballistic vest. I can carry these diseases back to my family; my vaccination is also for them.

Did being vaccinated against Covid stop me from getting it? No. After years of operating in China and all over the world in close proximity to those infected, in crowds in the most infected places around, with high death and hospitalization rates (India, etc), I didn't get it, not until recently, and while I did get quarantined briefly (twice), I didn't die, and thus far there's no indication that anyone else with whom I had contact, became infected.

Is the vaccine without merit, simply because we can still test positive for the virus? Hardly. Statistics and evidence thus far from numerous organizations shows quite clearly that there is a significant difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated in terms of hospitalization and death. The metric isn't simply whether one tests positive. Frankly, if I get sick, but don't die, and don't require hospitalization, whereas other wise I may have, then the vaccine has been well worth it to me. The evolution of the vaccine is not over, any more than the flu shot is one and done.

Science once thought that a woman's vagina was nothing more than a receptacle, and that in copulation, the male sperm contained everything, that the female was little more than the carrier of a baby that the man put inside her. Science and learning evolves, and there as been significant evolution in the corona virus, and the epidemiology behind it, and the vaccines created to combat it. This evolution is not done.

The wild conspiracy stupidity, however, revolves around pointing to the death of someone, with complete absence of fact, and simply crying out, "look they're dead, it could have been the vaccine or the virus." This is idiotic. Especially when one doesn't even know if they had either the vaccine or the virus.

17. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #3292 L-u-c-y, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    And you would have went along with everything "the science" said at the time, even that the earth was flat.

You have outsourced your thinking to "trusted authorities" and big pharma companies, who tend to get a lot of the big calls WRONG, or just blatantly lie to make money.

And when they do get it wrong, they usually try to cover it up.

My question for you is, why do you act like they never lie and they never cover things up?

You have got yourself into a dangerous corner, you will only accept they might have got it wrong if they admit it themselves, and they are not likely to do that when their careers and lives are on the line.

Just this week in the news...

alt.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...robe-tied-alzheimers-drug-sources-2022-07-27/

WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department has opened a criminal investigation into Cassava Sciences Inc (SAVA.O) involving whether the biotech company manipulated research results for its experimental Alzheimer's drug, two people familiar with the inquiry said.

The Justice Department personnel conducting the investigation into Austin, Texas-based Cassava specialize in examining whether companies or individuals have misled or defrauded investors, government agencies or consumers, according to the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity. The sources did not provide details of the focus of the probe and whether the department was looking into any specific individuals.

But still you people think it could never happen again.

18. Fit To Be Tied

Retired
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    TOO FUNNY:
    Trump DESTROYS “Dementia Joe” on His Second Chinese Coronavirus Diagnosis

897CE216-B4DA-4865-A424-37D27D68C11D.jpeg

19. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Lazlo Toth, subrick and Dianna1395 like this.
  20. ChasteJase

Local Time:
    A People’s History of COVID-19

I highly recommend this to anyone who has any questions about the reaction to C-19 over the last 2 years. This article does a great job of breaking down the history of the official reaction and the fallacies that those reactions were based on. Very thorough and thoughtful. He breaks down the different angles of the history (Politics, Experts, the Model, Mask, Vaccines). I truly consider this a "must read". It could serve as the proper text book chapter on Covid 10 years from now.

https://www.wmbriggs.com/post/40989/

21. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    #3296 L-u-c-y, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  22. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    When I think about the stupidity of the last 2.5 years it makes me so angry I could explode.

cohosp.jpg

23. tomf_22033

VA USA
    Local Time:
    Ms Lucy

You have to stop this. Don’t you know using logic, facts and sanity hurts the fwellings of the sheep? Don’t you know it makes it harder for Fauci and the rest of the opportunist to make their millions? Don’t you know you’re harming the globalist agenda?

aww screw it

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

24. subrick

subrick Junior Member

Engineering/Technical Education.
    USA, Western Massachusetts.
    Local Time:
    Absolutely!!! I agree 100%.

If I may add, @L-u-c-y , what with me being old enough to be your grandfather (or at least your much older father :)), I find your dedication to researching, exposing, disproving and sharing all of these lies & information which have been foisted upon us to be so encouraging! You, and others of your generation, give me a sense of renewed hope that our children and grandchildren will have a decent shot to live a future of "normalcy". The OLD normal, not this new BS!!! We have a long road ahead of us, but knowing that there are many in your generation fighting for truth is inspiring.

Sincerely, thank you for your efforts, and by all means, please "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!"

~subrick

25. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice