Immigration, customs, and voluminous bondage gear

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by beltwaybound, Jul 28, 2010.

1. beltwaybound

beltwaybound Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    I'm an American, but I am soon going to be moving to Canada. Just for a job, not for ideological reasons, lol. But it is intended to be permanent, so me and my wife are bringing all our stuff with us. I mean ALL our stuff. Now, I'm sure I'm not alone here in having accumulated a pretty large collection of toys so far in my life, including a number of chastity items. And that stuff ain't cheap!

In shipping everything to our new home, we have to show up at the border (or in what they call a "bonded wharehouse" closer to your destination) and clear Canadian customs. This involves presenting a detailed list of all our worldly possessions, including estimated value. And it may include inspections.
    I'm trying to decide what to do about our toys. I don't really want to go through this humiliation but I don't see a way around it. The stuff is too expensive and beloved to get rid of. Maybe put it all in one big box and call it "sex toys" and hope they are satisfied with that?

I'm wondering if anyone on this list has ever been through something like this. What did you do, and how did it go?
    Thanks!

-Carl the future Canadian

2. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    Carl,

My Wife and I go through Canadian customs a few times per year, and have gone to Canada for Play Parties in the past. Once, during a high security period, they pulled us over and inspected the whole car. We had two bags full of toys. I watched as the inspector unzipped one bag, looked in, poked around with gloved hand, and zipped it shut. It was full of cuffs, chains, a few floggers, butt plugs, etc. He really didn't react any differently than opening any other bag we had. It was just a total non-event. Hell, he looked LESS carefully than most of the other bags. He was probably a little embarrassed, but didn't want to let on.

Provided you're not bringing blades (which apparently must not exist in Canada) they really don't seem to care. I would say that you should just go for it. You can CHOOSE to be humiliated, or NOT. Customs is looking for contraband, not adult toys.

Best of luck with your move, eh! ;-p
    mikecb

3. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    Us Canadians are perverts too, so dont worry about your toys. Bring them over! :D
    At most the guards will be jealous of what a wonderful sex life you and your wife have.

Welcome to Canada! (what city are you going too?)

4. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    Oh and my wife and I went to the USA one time carrying a book with the title: intimacy after infidelity.
    And ofcourse we got searched.
    And ofcourse the custom agent goes and picks up the book and browses through it looking for receipts.

Talk about humiliation!

It actually made my wife and I laugh though.

5. subklik

subklik Office Girl

Local Time:
    In the lte 90's i moved to the US for a while for work. I had a mistress girlfriend in VA and what i did BEFORE i actually moved was i went down for a weekend trip, crossed the border as a tourist with all of my toys, at the time about two small suitcases full.
    I left them with my G/F Mistress and went home to prepare for the big move.
    Crossing the border from the country of your birth or where you are a citizen is not usually a problem provied you look relatively normal. However when you try to return this is usually when you get uestioned. So, i would try to send the toys first in a similar manner then move everything normal the normal way.

Now eventually i had to move back to Canada, after 9-11 by the way, i did it exactly the same way and with more toys than i came with and with WAYYY tighter security. I first went into Canada on a weekend trip to visit my mother. (i left the sitcases in her apartment's locker storage) then returned for the big move back to Canada.

TADA! avoided all scrutiny.

Would that possibly work for you?

subklik.

6. beltwaybound

beltwaybound Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hi guys, thanks for all the advice. Yeah, I'm not concerned with having someone look in the bags. I've flown with gear before and been through that. So going through as a tourist is no problem for me. It's just with actual immigration where you have to delineate everything, and the moving company is involved with that too. I'm not sure how detailed it has to be. Like "bag of clothes," vs. "23 pairs of underwear, 72 socks..." I guess the immigration lawyer can give me some advice on that when I speak with them.
    I'm not really embarrassed about this stuff, but it just seems awkward and uncomfortable especially with more people involved.
    I might take that suggestion to bring up the racy stuff on a tourist trip separate from the big immigration; that's a really good idea. I can leave stuff with a friend when I come up to find an apartment.
    I'm moving to Toronto. I'm excited, seems like a really happening city!
    You guys will have to fill me in on the kink scene :)
    -Carl

7. Slave_Scott

Slave_Scott Owned and Controlled By Mistress Shar

Local Time:
    1:18 AM
    Beltwaybound, I moved a friend from Florida to Ontario a couple of years ago, when he made his list up there was really no spacifics. Just say men's clothing used $1800, kitchen untensela $700, garage tools $5000 and so on. All the boxes had to be marked to corispond to the list, the only tings that he named indavidualy were the tv and stereo equipment and say if you had amotorcycle the serial numbers and the paperwork had to be with it.
    Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice