How to measure for Length

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Always, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Always

Always Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:46 AM
    Hi Guys, I am really interested in the Jail Bird, but I am not sure how to measure for length. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. waitsr23

waitsr23 Junior Member

Local Time:
  3. Mr. Nosuch

Mr. Nosuch Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Here's what I wish I knew when I ordered one...

Realize that the base ring is NOT going to rest right up against your pubis. When I measured, I measured from the base of my pubis to the tip with a string, following my the natural curve of the flaccid cock. While this may be an accurate measure, it will probably lead to a cage this is too long.

Since the whole device will pull down a bit and not rest exactly all the way up, you should probably knock half an inch off the length if you measure like I did. I've actually ordered a new cage doing just that, as well as taking in the internal width of the cage a bit. I also am getting a slightly smaller base ring.

If you have the sizing rings, I'd suggest by starting with a base ring that's comfortable wear, and then going one ring smaller. Wear it for a bit to make sure it's ok.

Then for the shaft, find the smallest ring that can fit around the base of your shaft. It should NOT be snug at all, but it shouldn't be too loose either.

From the base ring, tie a string, and pull the string along the top of your cock, following the arc (do it standing). Make sure the ring is in a "natural" resting position on your scrotum (i.e. not all the way against your body, but hanging a bit.) Mark the point on the string that matches the tip of your cock. Now measure that string. That'll give you the length of the cage. If you measure this way, do NOT knock off any of the length.

Of course, I cannot promise you this will work exactly. It's what I would have done in hindsight, now that I have one MM jailbird and soon will have a second one with these kinds of minor edits.

For what it's worth, the first jail bird I got is the most comfortable device I have ever worn, and it works great. But I do think the next one I get will be even more comfortable and more functional. I plan on writing a sizing guide once I get my second one to verify the procedure above.

I do think it is smart to get the sizing rings if you haven't already. It helps a lot.

4. Always

Always Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks this is just what I was looking for. As you have recommended, I will order the sizing rings.

Thanks again.

5. Mr. Nosuch

Mr. Nosuch Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    I think the sizing info on chastity heaven is excellent. Combine that info with the sizing rings, and you should get exactly the right measurement.

6. mm5555

mm5555 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I had just the opposite problem. My cage came too small. I ordered 3 3/4 inch and it seems smaller than the curve I had which is 3 1/2. The curvature of the two devices are different so it is hard to tell. It is still comfortable but the shorter length makes it pull on my balls during the nightly erections. This was my problem with all of the plastic devices I have tried. I basically got discouraged and gave up on the whole chastity thing for awhile.
    I put it on again this last Monday and have not taken it off since. (only 3 days but still). I think I am going to email Mature Metal to see about getting it lengthened a little. Even when not erect it hangs down further than I want. I believe with that done this will be a good long term device.
    I have the jail bird and really like the design. The craftmanship is very good also.

7. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    9:46 AM
    I'm confused a bit. It is too small, but hangs down further than you want? You mean it pulls on your testicles even when not erect?

Hope I didn't go too small - went for 3", which is a very conservative measure - I can hang to 5" flaccid if the weather is right or I measure from the top instead of the base.

I don't think I'll have the pulling problem though, my balls hang low and my scrotum is very flexible. Still, hope the fit is right. It's so hard to be sure even if you measure as carefully as I did - creating my own mock up devices and using rings, tubes and o-rings to find measures and test fit. If mine comes out right, I'll post a guide to what I did. If not, I'll post a guide to what I did wrong.

8. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    By all means if it is too small send it back to me so that I can check the measurements. If I made a mistake I will fix it and have it right back out. If it is was made to order I will be able to lengthen it for a small charge.

9. mm5555

mm5555 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Lock4ever
    There is about 3/4 of an inch of the shaft that does not fit into the cage. When flacid, the cage is not close to my body. I wear tight underwear and that holds it in place. That part is not a problem. I had problems making it through the night with the plastic devices, so I went a lot bigger on the base ring. That contributes to the cage hanging instead of a snug fit. I am not sure what to do about that. This is the first device that I am able to sleep in so I am not sure that I want to make any big changes. The diameter of the cage is perfect. It is so hard to know exactly what you will need. I think different people want their device to fit differently than others, so it is not just a matter of measurements (though measurments are extremely important). I think that if a little more of my penis was in the cage, it would not pull as much at night. Again, I can make it through the night, but I think it could be a little more comfortable with a little more room in the cage. I am concerned that the bigger cage would be more noticable under clothing though.

Mature Metal.
    I appreciate your excelllent customer service. That is one of the main reasons I ordered a device from you. I will email you with a couple of pictures to show you how it is fitting on me and maybe get some advice from you. Thanks for concern. I think I need the base ring a little smaller, but that is my fault not yours. I do think a half inch bigger on the cage would make it perfect, but I will email you in the next few days. Thanks again.

10. mm5555

mm5555 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Lock4ever
    Did you get your device yet??

Did it fit?

11. subbiehubbie

subbiehubbie hubbie in training

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is fantastic thread. I'd luv to see it stickied.
    I'm in discussions right now with MM about my WM. Again his service and patience is above and beyond.

My issues surround nocturnal erections. When I measured I used the Chastity Heaven guide and went with a 2.5 inch length. That is a considerable downsizing compared to my 2nd cracked CB6K. I tried to do as much research as possible and thought I had the right length.

Day to day comfort is terrific. Problem comes when I go erect. It would appear I ordered the cage too short, and there is significant pulling on the ring as I try to achieve my 6" erect size. I had hoped that the increased diameter of the WM over the 6K would compensate for the reduced length on my WM.
    I suspect that's why it usually appeard that I could "fill" the 6K, I basically was stuffed in there. There would be some pulling on the 6K ring at night but a quick trip to pee would bring relief and the ring and tube could be pulled easily back into place.
    My WM on the other hand gets pulled so far away that rangling it back into position is a real chore.
    I'm hesitant to consider any lengthing (if it's possible) of WM since at times when I am soft and in my "smaller" states there is considerable space left between the tip and the end of the cage.

I'm thinking of ordering a Jailbird in a 2.75 or 3" length.

It would be great if some of the more seasoned members of this board could put together a FAQ regarding the technicalities of male chastity ring&tube techniques...questions I have are...Is a chastity solution supposed to prevent erections entirely? Can a chastity solution prevent erections entirely? How much extra space if any should be allowed for in the tube?

Finding chastity solutions for "growers" seems to be more difficult then for "showers". But that's merely anecdotal observation.

12. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    A rose by any other name...

Growers, Showers.

i used to do a lot of work for a gay organization. They're great people and i really enjoyed the work. But they used different terminology.

A "meat cock" is a "shower."
    A "blood cock" is a "grower."

i have, for a long time referred to the difference as "meat" versus "blood."

In my case, i'm a blood.

tamedsquirt likes this.
  13. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    9:46 AM
    I measured a bit too short. Within tolerance for fitting into the device, but 3-1/2" would have been better than 3" for me.

Incidentally, 3-1/2" is the length indicated exactly by the measurement guide from Chastity Heaven. Had I followed the instructions there exactly, measuring when smallest by length down from the back where the penis meets the scrotum, I think I would have gotten a perfect fit.

14. Chinesebob

Chinesebob Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    I've ordered the sizing rings and am excited for the arrival so i can get this ordered. Who knew men could get this excited about being denied an orgasm.

15. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    2:46 AM
    lol, I know, right?! Just goes to show how much we crave that loss of control and feeling of frustration....

16. Cape Cod Richie

Cape Cod Richie Senior Member

Local Time:
    I'm waiting for my Pet Trap to arrive. I measured multiple times as directed @ Chastity Heaven. I have extensive ring & TBD experience on my side but have an open mind. There is a great explanation on Chastity Heaven pertaining to the goal of proper measurements that seemed to make a lot of sense.

I get woke up every 2nd or 3rd nite in my CB3000 cage and I believe the reason is the tube is too long so I start to erect and then it's a tug of war with the crackers. I'm hoping the shorter length (by an inch) of the Pet Trap will stifle the beginning of the stiffie process as does my tube on my LIS full metal belt. (I can't wear full belt without a shirt on and it's been very hot recently so I switched to the CB3000 for the meantime). It's an excellent feeling of a start and then a sudden stop. Adds to the frustration.

We are definitely having too much fun; thank goodness!!

17. OKListenUp

OKListenUp Between a Rock and a Hard place

Local Time:

Let us know when they arrive. I am seriously considering the investment. The frustration is worth the price.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice