Dungeon Decorations

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Locked_In_LV, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    2:46 PM
    Mistress has expressed interest in re-decorating our bedroom in a more dungeon-esque sort of theme. Does anyone know of a good source of decorative items(artwork, sconces, candelabras, etc) with a dungeon/renaissance/medieval look to them?

2. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    Check out http://www.pyramidcollection.com/default.asp?kwsrch=brand

They had some cool things. Kind of feminine evil LOL

Mistress Michelle

3. Mistress Lauren

Mistress Lauren Active member

Local Time:
    You beat me to this sub; I was going to post something similar regarding bedroom decorations.

It's very hard to find stuff, but I think something like this http://www.candelabras.com/sconces/metal-candle-sconces/palacegatesconcesetof2.cfm might look good.

4. elkies

elkies Junior Member

Joliet, Illinois
    Local Time:
    3:46 PM
    Michelle,

Gee thanks for the link. Kelkel took a look and think the boy's college fund is now spent...lol.

Tom

5. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    LOL...Glad to be of assistance, I love that site! ;)

Mistress Michelle

6. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    There is some good stuff on there...

I've found eBay has some good stuff as well... Mistress Lauren and I purchased a set of candelabras that are very dungeon-like... hand tooled wood wall plates with what looks like hand forged iron scroll work and ring... They're fairly large (18.5" high x 9.5" wide x 6" deep) and cost slightly less than $30.00 shipped... not too shabby :)

Pair:
    candelabra_2.png

Detail:
    candelabra_1.png

For those on a budget, I found these cheap but fitting candle holders that would make a good dungeon accent as well...

There are some great candelabras at Lamps Plus as well... though a bit pricey...

I also found a site called Dungeon Delights who have some excellent bondage hardware including some wall mounted metal shackles attached via chain that is welded to a steel plate than then gets screwed to the wall... Not to mention their excellent tag line "Dungeon Delights - Bound To Have Fun" :)

I've found an awesome door hardware set that(if money is no object) would be perfect for a dungeon door... however, for us, money most certainly is an object, so that's way out of the question. They also have a smaller and much less expensive door plate that includes no door lock mechanism or knob, but still at $300.00 for a pair they're a bit out of our price range... Sure would be perfect though... :)

I also found a hanging 6 candle candelabra that would make an excellent primary light source in a dungeon... It won't work for us both de to price and the fact that we have a ceiling fan in our "dungeon" but I still found it worth mentioning...

There's a lot to be had out there for decorating your dungeon... I would be interested in seeing what other people find or possibly pictures of your own "dungeons"... :)

7. xenosaga

xenosaga New member

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    I know it seems I'm at least a month too late, but since I'm sure you are still looking for stuff or I at least can help someone else please don't mind my post ; )

Decorating rooms usually takes a looooot of time especially when you're doing themed rooms. I tend to visit a lot of flea markets especially those that sell
    the furniture and other stuff from very old houses. I once got a very nice medieval ship cannon including some very heavy cannon balls ; )

When I'm looking for specific stuff or small pieces I use www.etsy.com, it's a platform for handcrafted stuff from people all over the world and I usually
    find some nice Steampunk styled items and clothing there if I can spare the time to look.

If you are specifically trying to recreate a dungeon in you bedroom you actually don't need that much decoration (apart from 1, 2 nice candlearbers), just
    exchange your curtains for some heavy (velvet if possible) black, purple or blood red curtains (you can do that yourself quite cheaply). If you have wooden
    or stone floor its possible to airbrush or use spray colors to get a dirty / rough stone look and then lay on some fancy dark carpets and if you really have
    alot of spare time you can plaster the walls to look like large sand stones (there are kits available in this do it yourself stores).

Ah and you'll naturally need a (very) stable four-poster bed ; )

Greetings
    XenoSaga

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice