Another day, another scam site - Strictlyobey.com

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by whizz, Jul 13, 2010.

1. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    After the "owner" posted that site on several forums I visit I decided to check it out, allthough I feared it to be a money slavery/scam site. Registered, filled out slave questionaire, and this is what happened.

Filled in my application as hard limit "no money slavery" and wrote in "no money" in the other field and what do I get:

Best thing, this email was meant to be personal

but was sent to like 10 people WHOSE EMAIL ADRESSES WERE NOT EVEN BCC TO but clearly visible.

As well, "Mistress Lucy" asks to fill out "her" slave contract, which is on the main page http://www.strictlyobey.com/content/slave-contract

So why do I get the feeling there is one mistress (or one guy with a couple of photos) who tries to make some quick money?

Sorry, nice try, no cigar.

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh dear!

I have nothing against Pro Dommes who actually "work" for their money, but scam sites do nothing but give the trade a bad name.

I can see why a genuine Mistress would want to narrow down the list to those who are genuine, but this just takes the biscuit.

Can I ask (serious question, not looking for an argument) but what do men look for when they think they are going to get something for free?

Is it training of some sort, or webcam humilation, or emails telling you what to do?

Just honestly curious.

3. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Well, that guy praised his page as some sort of basis for people who are looking for a non-professional domme who is into the lifestyle......but I already guessed that was a bad page ;)

4. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You didn't answer my question. ;)

As a "non-Professional Domme" I do have to point out that it is bloody hard work sometimes. In real life anyway.

This has already been discussed before and always creates a heated debate, but when someone who lives two hours away from me wants me to drive down there and play for a few hours "for free" and I point out that actually "for free" costs me in petrol, they get all narky and say "but I thought you enjoyed playing". *Sigh* Ok... pay me the going rate for the 4 hours travelling time that I don't enjoy and you can have the 2 hours play for FREE! LOL.

Now, I see what a real life slave gets out of a real life visit from me... but I still don't understand what someone wants out of a website like that?

My point being, if its webcam play, that still takes time and effort, and if its regular emails, that's also a fair amount of work.

So at what point is it OK to ask for something in return? And how much should be allowed for covering such services.

Again, devil's advocate, but serious questions.

5. whizz

whizz Junior Member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Well, in my case, it was just curiosity.
    I guess, many people have the hope to find someone for a real relationship or a webcam play partner (who just play when they feel like it in their free time).
    I just think it is a scam to have a page that is so obviously dedicated to getting people to pay and not stating it..

6. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Perfectly valid answer :D

Are you on FetLife? I (and a few other people here) have found it the perfect place to meet people online and in real life, but especially in real life.

I think the key to what you are looking for is on a social site or community site, rather than a "dating" site. They always seem to want your money to find the right person. :rolleyes:

7. dashkto

dashkto New member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    Hey All,
    This thread was recently brought to my attention and since I'm the owner of StrictlyObey I'd like to shed some light on the situation.

I admit that my vision for the site has never really crystallized and I've flirted with multiple content types and services. Still to this day I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of the endeavor is other than an outlet for my interests. With that being said, I made the mistake of trying to monetize the site and I regret it sorely. As Mistress Watchful pointed out "My point being, if its webcam play, that still takes time and effort, and if its regular emails, that's also a fair amount of work. So at what point is it OK to ask for something in return? And how much should be allowed for covering such services." Especially considering I didn't have a proper direction for the project I defaulted to what might be considered a scam. It was wrong of me and I'd like to apologize. Also let it be known that I never received a single dollar and still went on to personally write to a large number of slaves/users. I hope you'll notice that I've added lots of clarifying text to the site in an effort to display my improved mindset.

After realizing that I did in fact want to create something of worth I've stopped all attempts to collect money. At the moment I'm content to simply facilitate meaningful relationships between the users and also dominate a few willing participants. I'm also attempting to work and chat with other members of the BDSM community who I respect so please write to me about anything you'd like! I'm always interested in ideas for StrictlyObey or gaining knowledge about other great resources like this site. Webmaster@StrictlyObey.com

In summary, there was a time when I thought it was appropriate to send non-personal mass emails to try and get any amount of wealth for the time I spent creating and maintaining StrictlyObey. I've since realized that my behavior was totally out of line with my true aspirations. The only way forward is through communication so I greatly appreciate the opportunity to explain myself here as well as any feedback you all might have.

-Master S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice