Male Oral Contraceptive

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by LightningRat, Jun 30, 2010.

1. LightningRat

LightningRat Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:39 PM
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7857262/Scientists-invent-first-male-contraceptive-pill.html#
    What a tease!

Assuming your chastity arrangement doesn't work well enough as birth control, would you consider taking it? Discuss.

I absolutely would. The pill's side effects on my wife were rather ironic. It killed her sex drive and made it difficult for her to get wet. Also, whenever she missed one or took it late, her bizarro-self would arrive. So, we use condoms. We do enjoy sex with them, but know that it could be better. I'd like to have kids, so sterilization is out of the question for about ten years I'd expect. I really want this pill now.

2. Goddess Jen

Goddess Jen Expert in tease and denial

Local Time:
    1:39 PM
    I think it's a WONDERFUL idea!!! And for exactly the reasons you have said. Lots of ladies can't handle taking BCP's, so this is a great alternative. Condoms aren't bad, especially for the casual encounter if you just want to get laid, but in a monogamous relationship they really suck. This is just my opinion of course.

I'm really excited for the future couples this pill will benefit. Wish they had it when I was younger and the only thing available was hormonal BC for women. I'm interested to see how this develops.

3. Ms.Linda

Ms.Linda No longer a member

Local Time:
    Hmmmmm....This must be a re-surfacing. If I'm not mistaken the idea of a male B/C has been in the works for a VERY long time. I can remember hearing about it when I was in high school. That was a good long time ago....trust me. I also think that it's a wonderful idea and fantastic addition to the options that are already available. As Jen said, there are women out there that simply can not tolerate the B/C options available and are forced to use condoms. Another side to this is the woman that WANTS to become pregnant and picks (and lies to) an unsuspecting man. The male contraceptive would put the option of being a father into HIS hands....Of course, this is all just My opinion......

4. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    The problem with the male BCP is that it is hard to stop sperm production without interfering with libido. Women have a fairly intricate system of hormones leading to ovulation and possible implantation. It doesn't take much of a change to make the system not work. It is way easier to stop one egg per month than millions of sperm every day!

5. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    8:39 PM
    Me too. I even went as far as volunteered to be a guinea pig for clinical tests. I wanted to make the world a better place.

Unfortunately my natural production of sperm was not good enough for the tests. The sperm cells were few and mostly in a bad shape (missing heads or tails, swimming in circles) so they crossed me out from the tests :(

Anyway, I did all I could and there's no way to do more :I

6. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:39 PM
    In a stable relationship it would work as the trust is there. But consider the fact that it is the woman that takes the risk or pregnancy everytime she has sex. Would She trust a man looking to get his end away? Yeah yeah I'm on the male pill it will be fine.... Also the female pill it is not 100% effective. I think the risk for a woman is too high. It would be great if the burden of contraception could be shared but as the risks of the result fall on the woman, biologically at least, i am not sure how well it would work in reallity. As a previous post points out nailing several hundred million sperm cells in just one male ejaculation seems a tall order.

Even a vasectomy can go wrong..... Great idea not so great reallity sadly but the idea of shared responsibility is cool

7. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    My Mistress just unhooked my balls after the third child, problem solved!

8. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I thought the MBCP was just one big giant pill... men put it in their shoe... it makes them LIMP!

That's all folks.... :haha4:

9. CumLess

CumLess Rejuvenated Member

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Male Oral Contraceptive? I didn't know a woman could get pregnant during male oral activity [​IMG]

10. LightningRat

LightningRat Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    The article rightly explains that past attempts at targeting sperm production with hormones tended to have intolerable side effects. This latest attempt, however, inhibits the production of a protein that sperm need to penetrate the egg. The article explains that it does so without hormones. It's a novel approach, which gets my hopes up, but I'm afraid that in three years, it'll still be three years until it's ready. :(

Ha. As much as many women enjoy cunnilingus, many also enjoy coitus, specifically using the organs attached to their partners. Such is the case with my wife. When she's horny, she wants my cock. Who am I to tell her no? Flipping it around, I would not completely trade coitus for fellatio, as much as I also really enjoy the latter.

11. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    I can't believe that I didn't think to post this at the time, but I was invited to be part of a 2 year trial of male contraceptive pills around about 1 year ago. We declined at the time because we might be wanting babies at the end of that two year period.

However, surely they must be getting pretty close to an effective male pill if trials are being conducted. Can't go around giving your volunteers a bunch of babies that they aren't sure they want!

12. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    An interesting point.... you can imagine the conversation...

" I've been taking the MCP.... She's pregnant..."

"Sorry about that, you were in the control group... you got the placebo smartie"

"Oh... Who's paying for the child for the next 20 years?"

On a serious note, does anyone know what the protocol for the tests is? Are they asking couples who want kids anyway, just in case, or is the test about collection of samples?

What i have read is, as pointed out, that a protien inhibitor stops the egg being penetrated and therefore fertilised... so there is only really one test... and samples wouldn't work..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice