NoNutNovember in the media

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by mikecb, Nov 22, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    8:52 AM
    There have been several recent news media post alluding to the new "Viral Sensation" on TicTok. Here's one:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/videos/what-does-nnn-mean-on-tiktok/

USA today did a piece as well, with more negative headline - "New viral sex trend is spreading among teens, but is it pushing an unhealthy anti-sex agenda?"... I thought it was a bit sensationalist, and it was behind a paywall, so I couldn't read it.

I'm always heartened when "kink" oozes its way into the collective consciousness. Other examples include "50 shades" (love or hate it), and the pegging scene in Deadpool and recently the "Peg the Patriarchy" model.

Slowly but surely, our dirty little kinks becomes a bit more understood, and a little more "normal". Hell, there are whole store pages on Amazon for chastity devices now.

So, if our "kink" becomes more mainstream, does it still have the allure? How many people get off on the "dirty little secret" aspect of Chastity play? Honestly, I think it being a bit more mainstream would be great. As an example, shaved pubes on men used to be unheard of. How, at the gym, it's totally common to see "manscaped" men, and I've seen not a few completely shaved, like myself. Likewise with body piercings. I've seen more at the gym in recent years. Within the Chastity circles, I see more and more men daring to wear at the gym. Some for the titillation. Some just because they're not going to stop going to the gym over wearing a chastity device. Before long, will spotting a CB in a gym be as much a non-event as a man-scaped guy? That's an interesting prospect.

Dan Savage, sex columnist, has always endorsed "coming out" for the gay community, as it helps those that follow. I suspect it's the same for kink, although there are aspects of "identity" vs "fetish" that I acknowledge are worlds apart.

Anyway, I was pleased to see media coverage. I think good can come of it for all of us engaged in this kink / hobby / lifestyle.

SissyJazmine42 and Sexy Slave 69 like this.
  2. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    5:52 AM
    Wow. I had no idea about DDD. That would be highly amusing to hear reports of. Dang.

3. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    I hadn't heard about DDD either, but I suppose if a teenaged boy managed to survive NNN then he'd be more than ready to attack DDD with a vengeance! I certainly would have been! lol

Again, I find it heartening that "kids today" can not only joke about masturbation in a sex-positive way, but openly play games with it.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    12:52 PM
    Just Amusing to see that chastity topics are making it in to the mainstream media!

5. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I don't know what DDD or NNN are

homebody likes this.
  6. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    NNN is mentioned in the subject line of this post.

DDD, Destroy Dick December, is describes in the article listed in the original post, which isn’t behind a paywall.

LesterBallard likes this.
  7. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Call me Mr Observant... Thanks

mikecb and Byrdie like this.
  8. JaySaysYes

JaySaysYes I identify as someone that is always right

Local Time:
    I thought it was Denial December for most on here :)

SubSnuggler, mikecb and gingers_sub like this.
  9. Tracysg

Tracysg Long term member

Washington State, Puyallup
    Local Time:
    That was my thought as well Jaysaysyes, its 3 months, starting with locktober, then NNN, then denial december, no matter what, Iam sticking with my plan, locked and stimulating my clit with my vibrator

mikecb likes this.
  10. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:52 PM
    Yes, the abbreviations NNN and DDD are interpreted differently everywhere. In the chastity community, I will call it so, it is usually translated as no nuts November and denial December.

The DDD we have already made a few times but in the variant edge, Denial December.

Say first day = 1 time edge and lock up again, 2nd day then 2 times edge and so on.

However, I think it is a rumor that this has reached the mainstream. There is more talk about it as people become more open to new thoughts. Just as BD/DS/SM used to be a nogo, it has moved into normal bedrooms over the years, especially as the industry has launched more and more products in this context.

Chastity cages have been available for purchase on Amazon since around 2007, but the chastity cages and chastity belts section has only been available on Amazon since 2014.

Chastity cages have been available for purchase on Amazon since around 2007, but the chastity cages and chastity belts section has only been available on Amazon since 2014.

Nevertheless, it is positive that it develops in such a way, thereby a little acceptance is created and men and women recognize that one must not necessarily always manage sex only by stupides "in and out", can last quite also several days and week.

11. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    It doesn't surprise me that more of the chastity play and life style are getting main stream. Any time you have an industry spring up to serve such needs, the word gets out. Whether it ever becomes as 'common' as other sex desires remains to be seen.

12. Byrdie

Byrdie Junior Member
    Verified Female

Seattle, WA - USA
    Local Time:
    Since the article specifically references Tiktok and a younger age group, it’s not referring to the same challenge goals that many vocal members here post about having.

13. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    The more exposure the internet brings us to unusual things the fewer taboos we will have.

14. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Today’s unthinkable becomes tomorrow’s taboo while today’s taboo becomes tomorrow’s edgy. No telling what kind of craziness the future holds in store. A 100 years from now our kink probably won’t even raise an eyebrow.

Peter Rabbit, Elfman and mikecb like this.
  15. Queens kept

Queens kept Long term member

Machinist
    Minneapolis, MN
    Local Time:
    7:52 AM
    my Queen and i have always felt that male chastity should be something so common that a couple (any Couple with at least one penis) could just go to a urologist, and after counseling and consent, would be prescribed for them. Not at all unlike when we had my vasectomy performed. Yes, you heard that right, there would be subject matter pamphlets on the front desk right next to all the other procedures offered by them.
    So it could look like this: You pick a urologist, make an appointment for a male chastity screening. You both attend the screening and are counseled on exactly what chastity is, does, why a couple would do it, how to do it (obviously different for all couples) what to expect short term/long term, and the measuring/fitting procedure. i would assume there would be a waiting period while the device is manufactured to specification (likely by a medical grade facility). When the device is ready you would both have to return for final fitting/adjustments. The chaste male would leave the office wearing the device, your key holder would sign for an "industry standard" proprietary key set, and a spare key or key code is kept at the office with case work/charts. A follow up visit would be set up to check check for any little issue(s) the patient may have.
    The rest is up to the happy couple. Of course, unlike my vasectomy, none of it would be covered by insurance (i wouldn't think) so very expensive out of pocket i would assume. However, over the years we have probably spent, easily, $2000 to $2500 on devices alone, so maybe not that bad when you eliminate all the trial and error and frustration to finally get it right!!
    i know, no real long term organized studies have been done on male chastity, which is a very big deterrent for any urologist considering liability and all. So maybe we should start the studies!!

Surrendered likes this.
  16. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    Lol. Ya, my mind went to insurance as well. Under my 80/20 plan, I imagine the Dr's office would bill me about $2,500 for the visit and another $12,000 for the CB. My insurance would cover 80% and I'd pay the other 20% out of pocket. Of course, if I go out of network, and get a CB from a practitioner not on my plan, then only 50% is covered, but of course, I'm protected by my out of pocket annual maximum..... and this is why we need Universal Healthcare in the US!

Queens kept likes this.
  17. Bronze Shroud

Bronze Shroud Active member

Local Time:
    That's my understanding looking at 19th century literature.

18. Queens kept

Machinist
    Minneapolis, MN
    Local Time:
    Hey, thanks for the like. Are there any urologists on here that would like to start the long term studies!!? I'm sure Chastity Mansion would be a great pool to draw from, plenty of volunteers!!!

19. Queens kept

Machinist
    Minneapolis, MN
    Local Time:
    i am thinking you would not get a CB as we are talking big medicine/big pharma here. You are likely right about the cost, unfortunately. The device would probably be one of the most scrutinized devices ever made. As comfort would be at the top of the list of requirements, it would likely be titanium as ti is non reactive to the human body and waaay lighter than Stainless so a new chaste would be much more likely to wear it long term if there is no weight constantly pulling at the genitals. i would think that even though a PA would not be done for a new chaste, eventually the urologist could perform the piercing and provide the modification for the cage as well if the couple wanted the added security. Can you say "Cha Ching" again?! The more we talk about it, the more i don't see why urologist prescribed male chastity doesn't actually happen as there are plenty of people out there with plenty of money! All about the Money!!

mikecb likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice