Base ring question

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by LockedGreg, Nov 9, 2021.

1. LockedGreg

LockedGreg Long term member

Local Time:
    1:02 PM
    Just a question I've thought about. I've been caged for years now, and I've been mostly using a 1.75 inch base ring.

I've heard the rule about being able to insert only one finger in the base ring up to off knuckle. Now. A penis is a very malleable thing. When soft, I could probably get two or three if I really scrunch things up. So instead, I just a size that prevents the cage from falling off while also not restricting blood flow.

So, after all these years, am I doing base rings wrong?

2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    LOL. no, i'd say you're fine. unless it is falling off, otherwise, carry on.

jemima likes this.
  3. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    MissyB is rigt and i have read as well bout put fingers in and it ok but really the ring bit has not got to make the blood stop and you soon knows if it to tigt cos thingys go a funny color and hurt a lot.

4. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    I believe the rule is that you must be able to squeeze at least one finger in, if not it's too tight.
    It's a minimum to prevent overtightness, rather than a measure of fit.

5. nikkel

nikkel Long term member

Calgary Alberta
    Local Time:
    11:02 AM
    I bought several size of rings rings from Tandy Leather ,to find the best fit, then ordered my custom jailbird cage . I didn't pay any attention to the proper way to measure it. I picked the size ring after I had worn one for a week, it still is the right one for me.
    come to think of it , I often put my pointer finger in a jar of vaseline ,then insert it under the ring and into the cock cage to coat the cage , My finger barely fits, and 2 sure wouldn't fit.

6. Turma

Turma Long term member

systemadministrator
    Germany - near Hannover
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:02 PM
    A ring is good if it doesn't fall off and better if it fits tightly and the balls just don't turn permanently blue, etc.

At some point I realized that these finger rules etc. are all stupid talk, which probably works when you have a hundred percent symmetrical structure of the testicles and scrotum, so almost never.

As a rule of thumb I have noticed that you have to get 1 ball well through, the second should fit through with "squeezing" and the penis rubbed with lube should just go through.

Then the cage fits tightly, does not lace anything and you get it out even without piercing already hardly. As long as you do not get horny and swelling occurs, everything is also wonderful.

Should you instead then become hard, you get the bill in the form of blue penis and balls and of course also pain when swelling.

After the swelling has subsided, everything is good again. For me, by the way, this is achieved quite precisely with a 1.66" ring.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  7. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    If your unsure, then try a smaller ring, and see how you go, what’s the worst that could happen!

8. LockedGreg

LockedGreg Long term member

Local Time:
    Well, I wear a MCN Contender. Rings aren't cheap that I can just get one on a whim.

Bottom line, I like the fit. It isn't too tight, it can't slip off, I think I'm good.

9. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    For testing ring sizes, it doesn't have to specifically be a chastity device ring.
    Any metal, plastic or wood ring will do, your local hardware store will have a selection of cheaper rings in the plumbing, curtain and other sections.
    To see how comfortable a slightly smaller ring is, you could put the smaller trial ring on first, then your device to hold it in place, and see how comfortable it is wearing it like that.

Don't forget to use lubricant when testing a smaller ring, skin friction and tightness are very different things, but it can be difficult to distinguish which is causing discomfort from wearing it.
    A ring that is too tight will still be uncomfortable if it's slippery, one that's too dry and rubs can be uncomfortable even if it's too big.

10. Rick Jorgensen

Software Engineer
    Wenatchee, WA
    Local Time:
    10:02 AM
    I've been trying to get a good fit for a couple months now, so with the voice of experience I have to agree wholeheartedly.

I think I might finally be there... had to McGyver a rig that was too big originally. If this pans out, I'll post details. I'm going to give it a week before I get all excited.

11. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    That is a good beginner guideline to go by, but let's face it... everyone is different. If you have been wearing for a long time with no issues, you don't need that guideline. If you are pretty new though it is a good idea to get you in "the ballpark".

12. hariseldon

hariseldon New member

Local Time:
    To me it seems like the gap between the ring and the cage is the most important. If you have a large ring with a gap smaller than a squeezed testicle, it's not going to pop through.

bondinchas likes this.
  13. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    It is, as is understanding that the actual size of the gap is not the perpendicular separation of the rings, and that it varies in size around the ring depending on the difference in diameters between the tube and the base ring.

Perverspepere likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice