Female lead countries!

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Burger_01, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    As of this morning, local time, Australia has a Female prime minister!

now to declare my interests: I used to be center left, but things have moved so far right in Australia that I'd be viewed as leftist by most. I vote green, and then swing for the major parties.

I've got a pretty strong interest in politics, and I think Julia will do well. I kinda feel a bit sorry for Kevin Rudd (or K.rudd, or Ruddbot as we call him), he was doing a pretty good job in fairly difficult economic circumstances. If he'd had the balls to go to a double dissolution election (House of Reps, AND Senate all have to get re elected) after the whole climate change debacle, he would have got back with a majority and been able to DO SOMETHING about climate change.

So he sets history as the first Aussie PM to be dumped by his party in a first term. For those with no idea why, basically he ran out of friends. Between failing to deliver anything on climate change, and his lack of consultation with his caucus (other members of the same party) about policy decisions a lot of people had had enough of his style.

Well done to Julia, and I'm glad she did it because at least now Tony Abbott, the crazed ultra conservative, has stuff all chance of winning :)

2. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:47 AM
    Hi burger,

congrats to your new prime ministeress and that the majority of your fellow Australiens shared your choice.
    Actually I use to say that the world would be a better place if Women would rule the world, but being realistic and living in a female lead country, i am not so sure about that in general.
    However, to Angela Merkel's and your new prime minstress's defense i must ask how much influence governments have really on politics? Dont't political leaders - females or males - almost inevitably have to pander to big business.

Wish you and your country good luck.

Hugs, maid katrin

3. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    2:47 PM

Thanks for the wishes :)

Actually, the way our political system works politicians have to pander to the majority of people in the majority of the states. So it's a bit like a cross between a giant popularity contest, and falling into line with public opinion on big issues. I've heard it quoted that "democracy is the worst system of government - except for all the others" ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice