2nd Time Buyer

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by King Hippo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    10:43 AM
    The first model I ordered a while back was their Watchful Mistress (WM) and this time I ordered the original Jailbird (JB). Here is what I have found out from my experience and we wanted to make the switch. Everything about the WM was great, but due to my inexperience I made some mistakes and I would like to share them with anyone who is interested in buying from MM and/or possibly using this information to get a generic item.

The sizing

When you are purchasing a device you need to remember the “cage” or “tube” might be a certain length, but the entire device is a different length. Here are some thing to consider…

A single base ring from MM is roughly ¼ or .25 inches.

You can pick a Gap between the base ring and cage that is ¼, ⅜, or ½ inches (.25, .375, .5 respectively).

The cage length is pretty obvious.

So when you measure yourself from the top of your penis, you might want to consider your cage size won’t be your length. You should at least remove ¼ inch for the ring and whatever your gap distance is. For example, if you measure 3 inches, but want a ½ inch gap…

3 - .25(for the ring) - .5(for the gap)= 2.25 inches

But you probably want to go another ¼ to a ½ inch shorter than this.

The next thing to consider is the cage diameter, most people get 1 ¼ inch (1.25) or 1 ⅜ inch (1.375). Odds are if you are getting 1.375 you are getting something a little too big, so it is OK to get a short tube so you are more tightly packed inside your device.

The last thing I will mention about the sizing is the Gap, if you measure your penis length on the top and bottom with a cock ring on you will be able to subtract these distances so your cage isn’t ramming into your ball sack not giving you enough room which will cause some painful rubbing and skin irritation that will break your skin long term. If you aren’t sure what your gap is get ⅜ inch… if that is too small it is obvious that you can get a new ring that is bigger or vice versa.

The features

I think it is a MUST to have the security screw. My 2nd model has it and my 1st doesn’t & I do not miss the look of the lock nor the ridge feeling of the lock touching me at times.

The oval ring really worked well for me compared to the round ring… I would suggest you get both to try them out or just start with the oval to see how it feels.

Make sure you get the plastic sizing rings before you buy and follow their tips on fitting them. You won’t regret it, the biggest noobie mistake is not getting the correct base ring size.

Closing comments

The JB is so much lighter than the WM and for long term wear is a must for me. The WM is a really cool looking model, but if you are wearing it long term you are probably getting a shorter device & it doesn’t look as “neat” when it is around 2 inches… There also isn’t a lot “openness” to it. For long term wear I think the JB is the way to go.

In my opinion the shorter the better for long term wear, this is just my opinion. When “engaged” (lol) I am at an above average length… but my JB’s cage is 1.5 inches, the ring is .25 inches, and the gap is .5 inches. That is still a total length of 2.25 inches. Do be afraid to get something that is a little more compact, just make sure you watched the news, did a boring activity, before you put it on. It is so much more comfortable doing from going from a 2 inch cage length to a 1.5 inch length with less weight from the model design.

I hope this was helpful. I will try to get some pictures of the device, the next time it is off… but I don’t know when that will be...

2. Rubberchaskin

Rubberchaskin New member

Retired
    East of England
    Local Time:
    2:43 PM
    I've only bought from MM once - it was a JB with triple base ring. I absolutely endorse King Hippo's statements about ensuring the cage part is as short as possible for long term comfort - I was able to wear mine for 286 days 24/7, doing all necessary cleaning while it was still locked on. The major downside of MM is trying to fathom out the strange way of measuring - almost the whole world uses metric measurements, and those inch things are so confusing that I've only ever bought non-US cages since)

King Hippo likes this.
  3. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    If someone has a problem with unit conversion, just use Google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inches+to+mm

and know how to convert a fraction to decimal and a decimal to a fraction, LOL!!!

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  4. King Hippo

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I know double posting is generally a no-no on a forum but here is a picture of the new purchase.

JB 1.5.jpg

5. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    8:43 AM
    I think you’re right about the length. When I ordered my JB I took the advice to go about a half inch shorter than my measurement, and my only regret is that I didn’t go down even another half inch. One of these days I’ll send it in for shortening.

With cage diameter, snug is best. I was lucky that the smallest ring size fit me perfectly when flaccid, which the sizing rings made easy to figure out.

The one feature that I will add when I get my cage shortened is having the security screw countersunk. I considered it when I ordered, but I wanted to be able to use the padlock as well, which countersinking prevents. In retrospect, that was the wrong decision.

King Hippo likes this.
  6. cb-doom

cb-doom New member

Local Time:
    3:43 PM
    so if i want to buy a cage from mm , the lenght is minus ring , gap and 1/4inch ?

7. mistressmaturemetal

Texas
    Local Time:
    feel free to email us at maturemetal@grandecom.net

8. Contained

Contained Member

Engineer
    Ohio USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks for going thru this. Very helpful details here.

King Hippo likes this.
  9. rwpLocked

rwpLocked Long term member

Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    Great thread, with good advice!

Definitely take advantage of contacting them as mistressmaturemetal suggests, some of these things are very nuanced.

For example take the cage gap. Do you assume Cage gap is measured along the post (front to back distance between the cage and ring), or do you measure at an angle between the bottom of the ring and the bottom of the cage (where the balls are trapped)?

For a Cage like King Hippo has it wouldn't make much difference because his cage diameter and ring diameter are close, but if his ring was much larger it would make a big difference. I prefer a big ring, so my front to back gap is less than 1/4", but the actual gap at the bottom (almost vertical) is a little over 1/2" (you can see a couple in my gallery).

The good people at MM can help you with all of this.

10. Guest 2918

Guest 2918 Active member

Local Time:
    Late here for sure but I have a QK from MM and I positively LOVE it.

11. bob22

bob22 Member

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    What’s the main difference. I was looking at both options QK or JB And want something comfortable for long term 24/7 wea

12. rwpLocked

Local Time:
    Have both, the JB is more open, breathes bettrr in hot weather, and is easier to clean. The QK is thinner at the base of the cage if that's important to your fit.

Good luck!

13. Guest 2918

Guest 2918 Active member

Local Time:
    They're similar for sure, the QB just has a thicker ring at the beginning of the tube and that's a little more secure for me. Either way, you're in great hands with MM.

rwpLocked likes this.
  14. rwpLocked

Local Time:
    The base of the QK is interesting to be sure, a thin walled tube section that is longer in the direction of the tube (thicker as described by justlivinman), but thinner in cross section (wall thickness) than the standard ring on a JB.

I found the QK took more care to prevent trapping moisture during long term wear, and switched to a JB.

15. bob22

bob22 Member

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    Thanks both. Looks like the JB is the way to go. Obviously need as secure as possible but for long term wear cleanliness is next to Godliness

rwpLocked likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice