MM JailBird... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Locked_In_LV, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Locked_In_LV

Locked_In_LV Long term member

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    Hi All,
    I have been wearing a CB-6000 pretty much 24/7 since it was purchased in early May. While the device is good, there are a few areas where I think a MM JailBird might be better suited...

#1 is the open architecture of the device. Having a completely enclosed tube on the CB-6000 and living in a climate where 110ºF weather is normal 4-5 months out of the year seems like it is going to lead to cleanliness issues. The MM JailBird on the other hand will allow easy cleaning without removal and will also keep moisture from perspiration becoming trapped between the skin and non-breatheable plastic.

#2 is the more straightforward 2 piece design. Mistress has no desire to remove or put the CB-6000 on me due to the 6 piece design... It's a jigsaw puzzle that if not installed carefully can pinch and poke some sensitive and very valuable tissue. With a two piece design I'm confident she would be able to remove and install the JailBird with ease and without fear of damaging one of her most prized possessions.

#3 is the look. Mistress loves the edgy solid and more enforcing look of the steel cage on the MM JailBird. It is far more ominous that my penis will be surrounded by steel that requires tools best not used near sensitive bits compared to the small wire cutters or snips that would be required to break free from the CB-6000 with it's medical "cock splint" like appearance...

#4 is the fit, having a device custom made seems like it would provide better fit, wearability, and security...

What are your thoughts on the points above? Does anyone have any recommendations on sizing(besides the ChastityHeaven guide) that they have found works best? Has anyone had a JailBird and had any issues that were not easily overcome? Your guidance is appreciated.

2. Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen Senior Member

Local Time:
    4:51 AM
    We will be investing in a jailbird pretty soon for similar reasons. Hub is in a CB6000 and whilst it is comfortable for him, it's a very functional looking thing and I don't think that long term wear in a plastic tube is particularly sanitary. We did start with a Erosteel cage and I think this looks miles sexier but the edges are a bit fierce so he can't wear it for long. I rarely fit any of his devices as firstly, I dont want to pinch him but secondly, I am a huge fan of the more intellectual side of chastity and bondage - the only time he gets to handle himself is to place himself under my lock. ;-D

It's also much more fun to chain a steel cage to the ironing board than through the padlock of a CB6000, lol.

3. wishful4

wishful4 Member

Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    I agree the MM Jailbird looks very interesting. DollyAnne did a very good review of this device in a recent thread. Bottom line is that correct measuring prior to ordering is the key to a good fit. Think I would definitely take advantage of the different rings MM makes available for sizing. Getting the cuff ring and top pieces installed on my CB 6000S without pinching seems most of the battle for me. Once on, I can remove the cage for periodic cleaning, but try not to remove the cuff ring and/or top pieces unless absolutely necessary.

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    2:51 PM
    I'm going through the sizing process right now! But I'll go through your points first:

#1/#2: The design is a good part of the reason I'll be getting one of these. I'm uncut, which makes cleaning in a solid tube pretty much impossible. It should also be light, and breezy. All good things in my opinion.

#3: The look is the rest of the reason I want one.. looks sexy to me!

#4/Sizing: The fit is not as simple as it seems. It's true that if you follow the guidelines you'll get a device that fits ON you, but if you want a device that FITS you then you're going to have to do a bit more work.

I strongly recommend that you order the sizing ring set from Mature Metal. Unless you already know exactly what suits you, you'll need to play with ring sizes. I've been turning the ball trap design over in my head, looking at the rings, assessing if I should go with a slightly bigger cage ring because it will help create a smaller gap at the bottom of the device (less room for balls to slip through). These are things you can't be sure of if you're just going to measure like on the chastity heaven guide.

I plan to post up a full commentary on my sizing experience when I'm done with it, it's been a big morning this morning and hopefully I'll be finished soon :)

5. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    I did actually order the sizing ring set and found out the A ring that's about 1/8" smaller than the one I'm using in the CB-6000 works well... the smaller rings were also handy for validating the girth...

For the length, I took a bunch of measurement(I'm sure Mistress will be more than happy to tell you about my obsessiveness with the length measurement... lol) then averaged them out...

6. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    If you are uncut. All my designs can have the bars inverted. It makes it harder to pee but it reduces pinching aginst your clothing.

7. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    i don't want to come out against Mature Metal and, frankly, i have been recommending people look at his website in other venues.

But plastic is inert. The issue isn't plastic so much as it's the design of the CB series. So, with respect to cleanliness, plastic should harbor about as much bacteria as metal, as it's not porous and won't harbor microorganisms.

That said, the cage aspects of the MM devices certainly ought to be a lot easier to keep clean on a hot day. And we've been getting a few of those lately.

8. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    4:51 AM
    Metal is stronger than plastic, so can and will be made thinner. This will increase comfort and decrease visibility. MM also makes sure the edges are rounded and filed down so there won't be pinching.

That said, the lock is still a lock. In an emergency, a pair of tin snips and it's gone, all you have to do is cut the hasp, no need to use scary tools near sensitive bits.

9. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    I took the plunge and ordered the MM JailBird on June 18th... I believe it's supposed to arrive today... Once it's in hand(or on cock rather) I'll update as to the fit, finish, and overall comfort :)

10. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    IT CAME!!!(but I didn't... ;))

So the MatureMetal JailBird I ordered arrived yesterday :Locker:

The construction is flawless(save one or two small imperfections in the otherwise smooth polished surface) I haven't measured the inside of the cage(length/diameter) or gap to see how close the tolerance is to what the given dimensions were, but it fits flawlessly... The anti pull-out pins I ordered with the device are the short blunt, short criss-cross, and large blunt. It also has the spike strip(which I think will make for VERY effective punishment... I tried it this morning and couldn't take it for more than about 2 minutes...) I wore the short blunt anti pull-out pin from about 6-10, then took it out before bed not knowing how it would be with night time erections... I slept with the cage on but without having the lock snapped shut incase I woke up in agonizing pain in the middle of the night... Luckily it went well and before I left the house this morning I snapped the lock shut.

The lock I'm using is the small brushed brass master lock that came with the CB-6000... it {{BARELY}} fits... the first time I tried to snap the lock shut it wouldn't quite latch, after cleaning a small burr on the inside of the pin receiving tube on top of the cage the lock was able to slip in a bit further and lock without issue...

It is far less noticeable under clothes than the CB-6000 was and I think will also be much more hygienic as I suspected it would be... Peeing in the device while standing also appears to be a much easier affair than in the CB-6000... In the JailBird I'm able to use my finger tips to manipulate the head of my dick just enough to get it in position to pee... with the CB-6000 this required very skillful tube pulling, rotation, and a bit of pressure from my pinky on the tip of my dick while simultaneously pushing my dick deeper in the tube to align my urethra with the slit in the tube... It was do-able and I never had to sit to pee, but it was certainly more of a PITA than the MM device appears to be...

I will update a bit more and perhaps post a full review/pics etc. this weekend when I have a bit more time... Until then, :anim_32: here's to hoping there's no major issues :)

11. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    OMG.....My sissylynn ordered the jailbird and it came yesterday. Today I got the opportunity to get My hands on it...What an awesome device!!! It is perfect!!

All men should have this device.

Thanks Mature Metal.....Its a masterpiece!

Mistress Michelle

12. johnkelly00

johnkelly00 Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:51 PM
    Mistress Michelle - how did you decide on the jailbird as opposed to one of the other devices?

Thanks in advance.

13. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    UPDATE:
    -------
    Below are my experiences with the Mature Metal Jailbird thus far... If you have any questions about anything I didn't mention, let me know.

Almost there...:
    ------------
    Ok, so I've been wearing the MatureMetal JailBird almost non-stop since it arrived. The only problem I'm having with it is waking up at night with the feeling of someone squeezing my nuts with all their might. When feeling them, it appears that a nocturnal erection puts just enough pressure on the cords from the nuts to.. ? to pinch them thus cutting off circulation or squeezing on nerves(not sure which) which leaves the cords feeling swollen and tender... removing the cage eliminates the swelling in a minute or two. I think the gap may be slightly small(though when checked with dial calipers, the bottom gap between A ring and first ring of the cage is dead-on at 3/8. I put the A ring in the vise this morning and used a crescent wrench to gently increase the angle of the locking pin. When re-assembled, the final adjustment was about 1/16th of an inch giving me a total gap of 7/16ths... The device already feels more comfortable even during normal day-time wear and I'm hoping that tonights nocturnal erection won't result in the same problem. Due to the sizing of the A ring and the cage rings(which are also dead on with the specs provided to MatureMetal) the bottom of the cage ring and A ring align perfectly leaving no space on the horizontal axis between rings. This makes the gap spacing more critical than in the CB-6000, however, the adjustability of a custom steel device is certainly worth the time/money to acquire one. After the final tweaking is done I can see this being an excellent long-term wear device.

One other point to mention(which I think I've seen elsewhere) is the lock... The small brass master lock that came with my CB-6000 fits(barely) but the edges/corners were quite sharp(an important point since the lock sits sideways and any attempt to lay on your side results in the lock digging in.) I took a fine toothed(single cut) bastard file and rounded the edges and corners, then took a brass wire brush to the entire lock to clean up any marks(and remove the slight bit of tarnish on the brass) then followed it up with a light coat of paste wax to stave off any future tarnish(though it will probably need to be reapplied about once a month) The now shiny master lock is the perfect compliment to the beautiful stainless that has been brought to an almost mirror finish.

OVERALL SATISFACTION:
    -------------------
    The craftsmanship of this chastity device is top notch for a custom made device in this price range. I'm 100% satisfied with the device and the level of service and communication received from MatureMetal. Having the ability to make minor tweaks to the device makes having a metal device beyond worth the investment, however, even without tooling, Mature Metal is happy to make any fit adjustments to ensure you're satisfied(although I think they ask you to pay shipping for these adjustments which is absolutely reasonable in my opinion.)

14. maturemetal

Local Time:
    Thank you!!! The key to proper fit is the fine adjustments. I agree that you may need it just a bit larger gap.

15. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    UPDATE:
    -------
    So last night I had the same problem however far less severe... I increased the gap agin by 1/16th and am now at exactly 1/2" at the base. I think this will likely be the last adjustment and should provide a perfect fit. I will update more on that tomorrow.

PULL-OUT:
    ---------
    Yesterday I was in the shower with Mistress Lauren and she wanted me to test pull-out. With no pin installed, I'm able to pull out AND get back in to the device. I put the long blunt pin in before leaving for our 4th of July activities and had no issues with the pin in place. However, when we returned home and began fooling around, the pin dug in and cause quite a bit of pain while erect so the pin was removed. I think I will try wearing the short blunt pin tonight but I'm not sure if they will be practical for overnight wear. The long blunt would most certainly prevent pull-out though as it presses about 1/16th - 1/8th of an inch into even my flaccid penis...

SUMMARY:
    --------
    Tonight I will verify if the additional 1/16th inch in the gap fixes the nut pain problem, and I will also try putting the short blunt pin in place and test pull-out. If pull-out is not possible with the short blunt, I will test pain when erect as well as over-night wear. Stay tuned!

16. kdubb

kdubb Member

Local Time:
    Locked_In_LV,

KH has a Jail Bird on order for me. We/we cannot wait to get it. Reading your posts assures Us/us that We/we made the right decision in chosing my permanent cage. The spikes and anit-pull out devices were also ordered. Once the fine tuning/tweaks are made, KH tells me that this cage will be worn 24/7/365 with minimal unlocked periods. KH believes this so much, that an additional item was ordered to be added to the cage during construction--a small plate that will cover the shackle portion of the padlock--making it almost impossible to defeat the padlock with bolt cutters. Pictures will be posted when the device is locked on me.

17. Mistress Lauren

Mistress Lauren Active member

Local Time:
    Kdubb- don't hold your breath. It's taking a loooong time for Lock_In_LV to get this device properly fitted. He hasn't updated this thread but he's still not able to sleep in this device for even 1 night. :(

18. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    Patience Mistress... If this is anyones fault it is my own... I've measured the device and it was made exactly to the specs I provided... I believe a larger ring will do the trick...

If you think about the measurements logically it makes sense... the flaccid girth measurement is 1 1/2", the A ring ordered is 1 7/8"(1/4" difference) now add-on whatever increase occurs as a result of erection, then shove the scrotal tissue, blood vessels and all the other junk needed for blood flow, lymph flow, and semen production/release and that 1/4" gets filled up pretty fast.... Let's give it time before we give up on it...

And remember this... you know that football you threw that hit me square in the dick on the 4th? that probably would have cracked if not shattered the CB6k... the MM JailBird deflected the hit like a bullet proof vest...

19. Mistress Lauren

Mistress Lauren Active member

Local Time:
    Well then I guess you should have caught the ball! :p

20. maturemetal

Local Time:
    Funny you should say that. This morning I was using a mallet on the vice when is slipped and hit me squarely on the Jail Bird. It overred a disaster. I promise Mistress Lauren you will not be disappointed.

21. Spike's Bitch

Spike's Bitch Long term member

Local Time:
    Has anybody used the jailbird with a PA?
    Just curious if it causes any pressure irritation with hardons when the PA is inside the cage?

22. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    I would also be interested in an answer to that question... Although it's not a JailBird, I believe that Mark121 has a MatureMetal device and a PA, perhaps he may have some more detailed input?

If anti pull-out pins don't do the trick, I'm likely going to get a PA piercing... I want to make sure I'm not able to pull out of the device(obviously tools can get you out of anything)

23. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    My pet also has pet trap and a PA. We've not managed long term yet, and it sounds like we have similar problems to you LV, but pet is back in communication with MM and getting it sorted.

I don't believe his PA has been an issue at all with ours and I'm pretty sure it has the same bar arrangement at the bottom.

24. Locked_In_LV

Las Vegas, NV
    Local Time:
    So, the new ring arrived yesterday from MatureMetal as promised(Thanks Bill!) and I put it on straight away... I've had it on non-stop since it arrived(about 21 hours now) with absolutely no issues :) in addition to the new ring, I also have the short cris-cross anti pull-out pin in place(again for about 21 hours) I woke up I think twice due to nocturnal erections with the pin causing a strong but tolerable stinging/pinching feeling... I don't think I can pull out with this pin in place but that has yet to be confirmed... I can tell you pull out would NOT be an enjoyable experience with this pin scraping across the shaft and especially the head... I'll update more after this theory is tested, so far it looks promising...

25. maturemetal

Local Time:
    Glad to hear it. I am not sure that I would want to try pulling out with that pin in it. It is enough just as a deterrent. I hope you KH is happy!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice