Pet Trap - Review over time

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Mistress Watchful, May 26, 2010.

1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:49 AM
    Firstly...

:HappyDay: IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!!!! :HappyDay:

Unfortunately it arrived yesterday just before I was leaving for work. Gutted, what bad timing.

I told pet he had better take the chance to relieve himself if necessary, laughed, and left for work.

By the time I got home pet was wearing the ring only and settling in. That's all we've done so far as we are super hectic as ever.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I love it. It's beautiful. It's even better than the pictures. I love the way the cage has a very pretty sloping effect from the sides (must get photos up!). Visually it's stunning.

We asked for a tethering ring and WOW, it's amazing. It's everything I wanted it to be. It was left off the Lori we ordered and we were told it couldn't be done. Well here it is, ready and waiting for a leash or a bell (although it already jingles nicely) or various other trinkets I've bought with the intention of hanging from a chastity device.

I will get pet to post his initial thoughts asap, and you will all be informed every step of the way.

2. cynthia_deville

cynthia_deville Mistress Rob's slave

Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    Mistress Emma

looking forward to the updates. i like it when You are this excited about something.

cynthia

3. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
  4. lexora

lexora Member

Local Time:
    6:49 AM
    congrads!

5. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Pictures!

Sorry about quality - I'm dashing off to work and snapped them on my BlackBerry!

One so you can see the tethering ring, one so you can see the angled sides, and one with my favourite pet leash attached (custom made for Valentines with a matching collar!)

Attached Files:

6. lexora

lexora Member

Local Time:
    zomg that is awesome $$

7. Property of Mrs C

Property of Mrs C Junior Member

Local Time:
    You've raised the bar....:allhail:

8. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    wow i want one

9. KinkyBritain

KinkyBritain Mistress Kent

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ohhh now that looks absolutely delicious.

I'd absolutely love it if they did a pinprick version of that for punishment nights

MK

10. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    It looks great. Keep us informed.

I look forward to a review. I notice they do different sizes.

11. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Mature Metal is a genius!

He did exactly what I asked of him, Kinky Britain, why don't you message him (he's here on the site) and explain exactly what you're after and ask for a quote?

richard - they're all custom, I'm not sure what you mean about different sizes. Do you mean the ring?

12. KinkyBritain

KinkyBritain Mistress Kent

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Oh thankyou Mistress Watchful.

I think one of those built with pinpricks inside all over, would be a perfect addition to my collection of punishment devices

MK

13. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    The gap is too small. I will PM you.

14. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks maturemetal.

I'm sure we'll have this ironed out in a couple of days... will I need to take him out of the device before I put it in the vice?!

I hope not! :haha4:

15. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    9:49 PM
    THAT is awesome.

I love the tethering ring.. it's such a great idea!

16. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    Oh Baby! lol

17. chastesoon

chastesoon Senior Member

Retired
    Local Time:
    I hope we are talking the device, Right?:danger:

18. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    Dollyanne feels your pain regarding the burning sensation! This is something dolly has had from time to time as well, though it sounds like yours is more severe. At first, dollyanne's theories had to do with maybe a hair or something getting caught under the ring, or maybe the skin being stretched too tight. In any event, that pain seems to have gone away and dollyanne can only conclude that some stretching took place. Dollyanne also rubbed some aloe vera gel on the tessies to reduce chaffing and that seemed to help as well.

Turning blue and purple is definitely NOT a good thing! It does sound like--as Maturemetal concludes--the gap is too tight between the cage and the ring. Dollyanne's gap is tight, but the gap at the top is smaller at the top than at the bottom so there is some relief to the tessies. Yours may be different.

The twisting was definitely not comfortable for dollyanne and also resulted in the lock gouging into dollyanne's tessies. However, after Maturemetal's adjustment of the A ring alignment with the cage, and the passage of time this twisting issue went away for dollyanne, despite being rather severe at first. Dollyanne believes that in addition to the slight mis-adjustment, her anatomy played a significant role in the twisting, and it just took some adaption time. Hopefully, yours will work out too.

dollyanne

19. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:

I'm actually wearing the Pet Trap now; I decided to use it for break in prior to getting a more effective (smaller diameter, longer length) tube. I got a burning sensation too, at the base of testicles. I think it is the body adjusting to the base ring; the skin bunches up at the base of the scrotum as my ring is fairly small (1-3/4"). I think I can adjust to it in time however, but it's a lot harder than I expected! I couldn't even do two hours with my first attempt. Aloe helped.

I had some pinching problems as well. I ordered the smallest gap, 1/4". Definitely a mistake. Attempting to fix this, I placed the base ring upside down on a wedge, covered it with a towel to avoid strike marks and used a peening hammer on it. After 10-12 blows, reassembling the cage, I measured the gap at 3/8". This made it 100 times more comfortable! I made it 10 hours after that. However, I still had pain and discomfort on the left side, and so today I widened the gap at the left by assembling the cage, holding in place with the lock, using the handle of a drop forged wrench as a lever to pry the base ring from the cage at the left, now I have 1/4" gap at the left bottom, 3/8" gap at the left top and 3/8" at right bottom. This appears to solve all problems and now I have a good method to adjust fit (well, at least, in one direction).

YMMV if you attempt this process. The lock hasp (3/4" masterlock with steel shackle) did not break or show strain. And never attempt to bend cold metal beyond 60 degrees, I would say even 30 degrees is too much. Here, fortunately, a small angular change can easily increase the gap by 1/8-1/4".

I have an oval base ring and I think this fixes the twisting problem. However, it is a bit more snug and could take some getting used to.

All in all, I think the Pet Trap could actually work for me. I'm considering a PA to fix the issue with pullout, although it isn't clear how to lock it in place. Locking a padlock to the PA doesn't seem viable with the horizontal bars. Installing a PA over the bar seems risky at best, and still escapable (wax seal?). Using a padlock through the PA seems not hygienic.

20. caged ray

caged ray Junior Member

Local Time:
    I am curious....when you say that sometimes the pet trap goes to one side, does that mean that the cage is no longer symetrical (sp) with the ring? or does the entire assembly twist and lean to one side. What I have found with my pet trap is that the lock that you use has to be fairly tight through the holes in the cage and the ring, otherwise the two sections will twist. I have found that when completely relaxed and shrunken that there is pressure on the boys due to the weight of the device. I am considering having a jail bird made as i think that it would be lighter and not pull down so far.

Caged Ray

21. subbiehubbie

subbiehubbie hubbie in training

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My entire Watchful Mistress setup will turn to one side or the other. But it doesn't happen often.
    The burning testes sensation is a weird one. I wore my WM for a full week at work and at home with no burning issue.
    I removed it to fly on Saturday 2 weeks ago for our vacation. I put it back on on Sunday morning and by Sunday afternoon was experiencing the testes burn for the first time. I tried various temporary fixes but nothing worked that well. Lotion in the area seemed to be the best fix.

Arriving home, I have worn the WM all week at work and at the house. No lotion. No burning sensation. So perhaps all of the sitting (in my job I'm on my feet 80% of the time) while on vacation allowed the skin to bunch up or get pinched somehow.

I still believe I made an oops and got my WM too small. I'm waiting for the Canadian dollar to come back to parity with the greenback and I'll order a longer Jailbird. I think the openness of the Jailbird will allow the cleaning access I have with the WM now, but will prevent the possibility of escape. The lighter weight of the Jailbird will be a plus too.

Overall still happy with my WM purchase and looking forward to a JB that might be the be all end all solution we've been searching for.

22. mm5555

mm5555 Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have a jailbird and have not had any burning on the testicles. I have the 3/8th inch gap. My base ring is a little too big I think. I do not get the twisting either. I have the oval ring. I ordered another Jailbird with a longer cage and a smaller ring. (my cage was too short) I also had MM put the pin on top of the base ring instead of actually part of the ring. I find that there is a gap along the top of the base ring that I can reach in and pull myself out. I think a smaller base ring would help, but I wanted to try the pin up higher. I think it will allign the cage and ring better that way. I do find the device pretty comfortable. It is just hard to find the right balance of a tight fitting device that is secure, and one that night time erections wont keep me up all night.

23. johnkelly00

johnkelly00 Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:49 AM
    For everyone with the burning sensation, have you tried a band-aid before putting the device on? I used to have the burning sensation but tried a band-aid one time and, voila, no more problem.

It may not work for everyone, I'm interested in hearing if my results were a complete fluke or not.

24. maturemetal

maturemetal CUSTOM CAGES AND TUBES

Local Time:
    The burning is caused by the gap being too small. It will not hurt at first but after a few hours it will burn. I have also found the after wearing a device for extended periods of time it may be necessary to reduce the gap as the skin stretches. I will gladly adjust the gap. I do charge $10.00 to cover shipping in the US. There is no limit to the number of times you need the gap adjusted. Once your device is received it is normally shipped back to you in a day or two using priority mail.
    I am always here to help!!!!

25. Always

Always Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have the burning when I am erect, or as close as I can get. Is this normal, or will increasing the gap solve this? Most of the time I don't experience the burning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice