Why doesn't someone use better lock technology?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by tecolote, Jun 20, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    9:56 AM
    I agree w the OP. Im no locksmith and learned to pick the "magic lock" (even Burg Wachter) faster than she can use the key.

Our dynamic is a bit different and security IS important to us. Everything you guys say to the contrary is true but She likes it much better when I can't get out/off and I have to admit the psychological effect of higher security is very real for me. I didnt choose chastity in the 1st place so if I knew I could sneak out/in at will then why bother? Yes, now that I'm married she reminds me that the ring around my penis is more symbolic than the one on my finger, but the subconcious feel of entrapment still makes a noticeable difference.

We use a Lori's now, specifically for the security. She checks it and uses blue loctite or nail polish regularly to insure none of my security bits can generate sufficient torque. Im 99% sure they would strip and there is no way I'm ruining a $1000+ cage... it is also MUCH harder to have an O in this cage.

I agree with those that say there is not enough room for a more secure keyed magic lock (but a swipe of nail polish also provides cheap tamper protection). Custom is too expensive for many. I think the future must belong to electronics. Besides offering miniturized digital security and monitoring, they could easily be programmed to deliver a little zap when you try to shake one out, etc. Dreamlover 2000 was priced crazy, Cellmate has its issues but is more reasonable. The future is coming (or is that not cumming?) soon.

Caged4Sazz, Plotthund and CerberusSD like this.
  2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    Learned to pick? Faster than using the key? Well aren’t you guys natural escape artists.

I’ve actually never attempted to pick the lock, that by in large is probably my biggest advantage in not being able to be free myself. I’ve never attempted to drill out the cylinder, find another key, or cut the device off. All of those options are available, I choose not to. Those options are available to all those that wear a device.

If someone is looking for a lock or device that cannot be removed, there isn’t one. If you are looking to be locked, unable to remove it unless tools are used device is ruined, these devices work as intended.

3. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    My point is that the magic lock does not do that even reasonably well. Without nail polish or numbered tag any rookie can learn to unlock them, fool around and lock back up undetected.

4. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    The answer will always be, "because you aren't paying for it."

5. Cecilia B

Cecilia B Long term member

Hotel Assistant Manager
    Local Time:
    I don't know about your wife, but it's a tremendous turn on for me when husband has an orgasm from stimulating me.

The first time it happened was when he was still boyfriend. It was about the third time I had him in my bed. He was kneeling on the floor at the foot of my bed and pleasuring me. I had my usual crazy I and he let me recover. Then he apologized to me. I asked him why he was apologizing for giving me a tremendous orgasm. He said it wasn't that, but he came on the bed and the rug.

I got up and looked at the stains and his cum. Then I laid back down on the mattress , pulled him to me and he had me in ecstasy in no time.

If he's not in chastity and we're doing what wives and husbands do everywhere, he will frequently cum when he's pleasing me orally. It's such a turn on for me that he gets so excited pleasing me.

6. vanillachaste2

vanillachaste2 New member

Local Time:
    2:56 PM
    YES! THAT! Why in the world are there no better locks around? My thoughts exactly! Literally signed up to the forum for this thread!

See, in my case I already sport a nice custom made titanium cage. (spending my money on my (and my girls) big hobby ;-). And that cage has one of these small key hole shaped locks that you have to stick into the device to secure it. And I'm sure I could just get rid of that lock - even without picking it... and not hurt the device. Just give me a Dremel and a bit of patience. Or I could pick it. I already found a solution to the "pulling the dick out" - problem (small piercing in foreskin just for that reason). Now I got a really rigid cage that I can not pull out of, but the lock is rediculous. Even the material. Maybe I could even manage to break it by manual force.

Would I try? No. Would I try to pull out? no. Would I try to pick it? No. But being secure is the idea of a chastity cage and I am all for technology to work as intended. It's not necessary for our fun to really be super secure, but the thought of it being more of a symbolic thing turns me off.

There will never be a 100% secure cage, is what they say and I agree. But these cages can always get more secure. And maybe our grandchildren can then have what we can only dream of xdxdxd! So I'm on my quest to make my setup more secure and right now the lock is the weakest link.

I liked the lock technology that was proposed in an older post here. But does anyone have other ideas? In my (and many many cases) the lock would have to be key hole shaped. Does anyone know the companies that produce the current versions? Maybe they already have better solutions and we just don't know. I'm sure my cage smith would kiss me if I coud give him information lioke that.

cheers and all the best

VC2

Headtrip likes this.
  7. Trapped

Trapped Long term member

quality manager
    houston, texas
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    the rigid chastity model 1 cage i am in has a hole drilled through where the lock is inserted. she has a wire cable that runs through and a shipping seal attached to that. the wire prevents the lock being picked and the seal makes removal without her impossible. (Without destroying the cage) the seal also is evidence there has been no tampering .

Caged4Sazz, Peter Rabbit and Headtrip like this.
  8. subspider

subspider Active member

Teacher/Instructional Designer
    USA
    Local Time:
    Forgive my ignorance but what does the nail polish do?

9. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    It's the equivalent of a wax royal seal ...

Headtrip likes this.
  10. subspider

subspider Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    ah, makes sense. so it doesn't seize the lock in any way? when you do that. I guess you just put a dab on the keyhole and let it dry?

11. true42

true42 Owned member

Local Time:
    That is my assumption. I'm hardly experienced, though, compared to most of the people around here. (We've never used anything other than a lock or a numbered luggage tag.)

12. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    If the cage doesn't incorporate a piercing, you can just pull out. As mentioned, it wouldn't be that hard to cut or drill any lock, so the goal is tamper-proofing. That's easily achievable with a wire security seal or some sort of nail polish/glue that blocks the keyway. The key holder initials a bit of toilet paper, shellacs it over the keyway, boom, done.

Trapped and Headtrip like this.
  13. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    The nail polish can be swiped around the edge and/or over the keyhole. Any attempt to remove the lock will be noticed, and a bit in the keyway makes picking much harder. Usually the key will easily break it free, but every once in a while she needs to dab it with a bit of acetone if the key wont go in.

Cheaper than numbered seals and doesnt require an extra hole.

To prevent me from trying to duplicate her pattern, she uses a special color she keeps locked up with the key.

Caged4Sazz and Peter Rabbit like this.
  14. subspider

subspider Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    hmm. Seems like a nice solution, but I would imagine there could be something that would not require acetone on a lock. I mean, I like the idea even though I am not picking my lock at all anyway. Will have to consider things. Thanks~!

15. nikkel

nikkel Long term member

Calgary Alberta
    Local Time:
    7:56 AM

16. nikkel

nikkel Long term member

Calgary Alberta
    Local Time:
    7:56 AM
    I have picked quite a few large padlocks, but the small tiny ones I am unable to pick, I even bet a friend who taught me , that he couldn't pick mine. I won. There is no room to put the pressure bar while inserting a pick. also you musy remember it's way down on top of your cock. not held steady in a vise . A lot of tiny padlocks can be opened with anything that turns the cylinder. I suggest choosing one that the tip of a paring knife wont open.

true42 likes this.
  17. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    1:56 PM
    I agree,

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  18. Lovelocked

Lovelocked Long term member

Local Time:
    #43 Lovelocked, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    It is true that the magic locker type locks are easy to pick, even the Burg Watcher ones. I won’t say how it is done because I don’t want to spoil things for anyone who doesn’t know. I can suggest a couple of ways to make it much more difficult. I could do it easily before these modifications but I have not succeeded since. A word of warning though, you might end up destroying the lock or even the device.

Firstly it is much more difficult to pick the lock if it is stiff to turn. To make it so I opened a vice such that the lock would rest in the gap, but was not actually clamped. I put the lock in the unlocked position then applied a centre punch to the body at the opposite end from the keyhole. Don’t do it anywhere else or you might damage the lock. I kept hitting a little harder until the lock would still turn with the key but was stiff. This makes it difficult to apply the slight turning force required during the picking process. This might be enough to improve security without the second method below, which I actually did first. If anyone can think of a better method of making the lock stiff to turn I would be interested.

stif lock.jpg

Secondly deny access to the tab at the end of the lock which locks it in place. If you can get at this you can use it to apply the turning force. I am fortunate in that I have the necessary kit to braze a cover over it. This is certainly not enough to make the lock pick proof on its own.

Anti-pick.jpg

19. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    If you want a single-use or tamperproof solution see

JosieLynnCD Permalocker on Shapeways
    or
    Kink3D Cobra’s “Airlock” (linking to Reddit as their website is glitching.

I used a screw with a through hole from Mark at MCN for a while. It worked great with numbered seals. But now that he’s got the MCNkey, it’s my wife’s secure system of choice. The screw has keyway and the driver is the key. It just doesn’t look like a door key.

We tried the Burg Wachter derived solutions. She didn’t like how the brass cylinder lock tarnished over time. She didn’t want to carry the key either.

einheryar likes this.
  20. Lockednchastee

Local Time:
    For every discussion begging for improved security, there's another looking for discreet unobtrusive devices. They're unfortunately always at odds.

The highest security you'll probably find are the disc detainer cores in the high end Carrara belts and those things are monsters that are crazy expensive and hard to hide.

Most locks are tiny and as a result, only have room for 3-4 pins. The pins don't have a lot of travel room (also because of size) and are therefore easy to defeat using a low skill attack like raking. Some cheap ones could probably be beaten with a paperclip. Better ones with a $10 pick set from Amazon.

My solution for security years back was to purchase a few tube locks and choose the one who's key had the most dissimilar cuts. It was proven impossible to rake and single pin picking it is really awkward because of it's location on my groin and the fact that I can't pick left handed. If I was more determined, i could probably do it eventually.

21. Lockednchastee

Local Time:
    Great point with denying access to the flag. The Rigid devices from Poland do this by turning the lock upside down, but they don't answer their emails to order one.

22. Headtrip

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    Great 8deas @Lovelocked , i suck at welding but found if I ground the end lug under flush with the cage where it rests it makes it much harder to access/apply torque.

23. Lovelocked

Local Time:
    Thanks. I have never been keen on the idea of permalocker or even break off screws. Firstly my device is removed quite often as I like swimming. Wife approves and I don't have much opportunity to misbehave anyway. Secondly, in effect, I have the "key". OK its an electric drill, but since it opens the device it's a key. In the case of permalocker I could probably print a replacement. The other problem I have with tamper proof devices is that my wife is not keen on applying any sort of sanction, so I could always just remove the device and make some feeble excuse. Of course some people will have much more dominant keyholders and a different dynamic.

I am beginning to think that security screws are a good idea. I always imagined that I could just go to the workshop and make something that would turn the screw, but I understand that they are made of soft metal so they are likely to strip if the wrong tool is used. If that happens I guess its back to the electric drill.

24. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    6:56 AM
    Aren't the security screws mostly made of steel?

25. Lovelocked

Local Time:
    I don't know exactly what they are like. I have come across some posts where people have said it is easy to strip the bit where the key engages. Perhaps someone can give us some more information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice