Why doesn't someone use better lock technology?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by tecolote, Jun 20, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    10:14 AM
    I'm not a locksmith, so I don't know a whole lot about the topic of locks, but I do know that just about anyone can learn how to pick the barrel locks typically included with chastity cages. Even the aftermarket locks that are higher quality are still easy to pick.

I know that there are better locks out there. I image that some of them need to be larger to work, but it seems that there must be some smaller locks that are more difficult to pick? I'm thinking about the locks with the circular barrel shaped keys as a first step. But ultimately, I'm thinking something using technology like this https://www.mentalfloss.com/article...ck is designed,the shielded pin system inside.

That would involve special agreements with the patent holders and manufacturers of this style of lock, but something could be done to increase lock security, even if it's not quite as advanced as the link above.

It's understood that anything can be defeated by a locksmith with the proper tools, but considering all the custom cage makers, it boggles my mind that nobody is offering something more secure.

Anyone know more about this? Is it just not as easy as I'm thinking?

Guest 3972 and FreeOfControl like this.
  2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    Probably cost. that seems to drive most market decisions.

3. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    6:14 PM
    Numbered Security seals with stainless steel cables are lightweight and very secure. Tamper evident is about as secure as you are ever going to get because if the locked truly wants out a dremel can defeat ANY device without injury.

Trapped, Maid Denise, errant5 and 3 others like this.
  4. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Not just cost… the size of the lock.
    The cylinder locks in many chastity devices use a knock off of a Burg Wachter item: the “ME/2 Lock Blocker for Furniture”. It’s the smallest they make and you’ll find the assembly in most devices prominent.

I don’t know if the lock picking lawyer guy picked that lock or the chinese knockoffs. But it’s already a fairly large assembly. That design would require a larger diameter.

A larger padlock could be made perhaps but it would be even bulkier unless this design can be miniaturized.

Tamperproofing a cage with a numbered seal is a good way to add security as well.
    I’ve used stainless steel numbered cable seals. They do work if you don’t want the plastic ones.

In the end I’m wearing a very simple secure design: a special keyed security screw is inset within steel walls to fasten my Prince Albert hook. It secures my penis in its GlansArmor2 by MaleChastityNow. It’s a 3/8” wide cylinder that’s smooth and doesn’t snag on anything. It’s safe and secure
    “there’s no backing out of this”

5. cogman

cogman Long term member

Business owner
    Australia - Sydney
    Local Time:
    3:14 AM
    Tamper tags are your friend unless you are self locking

true42 likes this.
  6. HusbandX

HusbandX Long term member

Local Time:
    I realize that people like to live in little bubbles and think that security actually exists, but no, it doesn't.

Every lock is easy to pick. For padlocks, also easy to shim. You may not know about shimming locks.

If you don't want to take the time to feel the pins and pick, then bump keying and pick gunning works well, takes seconds, and will get you through just about any door. Your house lock, seconds to get through, if that (not that it matters, given the number of glass entry points...). Security is largely an illusion enjoyed by the naive.

As it applies to chastity, the notion of an inescapable chastity device is equally naive...but then the whole chastity game is just that. No one is an actual slave (ever seen real slavery? Not something to joke about and not something one wishes for). No one is forced.

How about a block of cement?

Of course, one doesn't need to pick that. Just takes a hammer and chisel...

locked_top likes this.
  7. Lisa43

Lisa43 Long term member

Retired
    USA,Maryland
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    Technologies; devices should incorporate electronic technologies. Electronic locks, GPS tracking, wireless communication, and of course the means of applying the right amount of pleasure or pain. KH will always know what the sissy is doing. As technologies develop the price should fall so the future should offer much more security and control of the sissy.

Guest 3972 and Headtrip like this.
  8. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You kids are asking quite a bit from those $25 cages on Ebay. :cool:

9. ldsnet

ldsnet Active member

Local Time:
    This is all about accountability. Any lock is made for honest people; given time and tools any lock can be defeated.
    The smaller the lock, the less options exist to make it more secure and still be reliable (in a very extreme environment).
    If you are going to bypass the lock or security why bother with a device?
    If you respect your keyholder and the agreed decision, it can be locked with a string and a tied bow and be just as secure.

613CuckLock and DarkKnight like this.
  10. SergioUK

SergioUK Long term member

London, UK
    Local Time:
    Picking a lock of unknown provenance comes with some risk of damaging the lock such that it's jammed shut, which is not good if it's locking up your genitals. I can pick most basic locks but for this reason I've never risked picking a chastity device. Nor for that matter the lockable zips used on some rubber clothing which look trivial, but would I risk ruining a couple of hundred pound catsuit to avoid having to sweat it out for another 23 hours.

11. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:14 PM
    I think we like accountability, but numbered seals provide that better than locks can. Numbered seals, or snap in rivets - my device is unpickable...

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  12. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    This, lol. Better technology is out there, you're just not paying for it.

Tom Allen likes this.
  13. latexbound

latexbound Locked

Wales, UK
    Local Time:
    I'm expecting the next generation of remote locking to appear. Cellmate was a great idea but let down by cheap Chinese technologists. Locking without a physical lock seems to be where we are headed - like so much in life, analog being replaced by digital. Having said that, I still buy vinyl records :)

Lakeman likes this.
  14. Cecilia B

Cecilia B Long term member

Hotel Assistant Manager
    Local Time:
    You can buy Master locks that fit the CB series. Husband says they're not hard to pick, but harder to pick than the locks you get from the Chinese knock-offs. The seals let the Keyholder know if there's been tampering, but be sure you get seals with a thick enough stringy thingy that goes through the hole in the locking pin. Some of those seals have pretty thin stringy thingies. Husband showed me how easy it is to pull out of it when you use the thin stringy thingies. He can slide the cage forward and up and pull out his penis easy.

One thing you can do if you use the seals with the thin stringy thingies is make a hole in the guide pins for a seal. I had husband do that, but he says you have to have the right tools and be careful.

There was one Chinese device that had an adjustable ring. I liked it for 2 reasons. One was the guide pins were bigger, so you could make holes a lock would fit through. So i could put a lock not only on the locking pin but also on the 2 guide pins. I like seeing him locked up with multiple locks and seals, so I liked that feature, too. Unfortunately, the ring was a hinge type thingy and it wasn't very well made. It broke after about 6 months. Still, I liked it while I used it on husband. You didn't need an anti-pullout attachment. Husband couldn't pull out of this one. That was the second thing i liked it for.

Somebody mentioned the remote devices. As mentioned on another thread, these things are subject to hacking. Also, if there's a glitch or the company goes out of business, you're trapped in the device and only can get it off if you damage it. They're pretty expensive to have to ruin them to get them off.

15. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    Nah. All this new technology is easy to defeat.

Elements of highest security for everyday wear that is currently accessible in the market.
    • Proprietary-keyed screwheads countersunk
    • Tamperproof seals
    • Key kept in access-logged IglooHome Smart Keybox (v2 or v3)
    • Daily visual and emotional check
    Postscript:
    It’s not just the physical control.
    Chastity is a means to an end.
    Surrender and submission is the goal.
    Cages are tools and constant reminders.
    My keyholding wife doesn’t fetishize cages.
    It’s my demeanor and behavior she focuses on.

Post post script:
    Imagining technology as a solution is fun. I do it all the time. I love engineering this stuff! But being a Houdini and always trying to get out of a predicament detracts from the experience.

It pulls you out of the good headspace.
    The cage is your home. You’re safe and secure. You made a vow and promise, and that should bind you more securely than steel.
    Complicated lock mechanisms are larger and not

16. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    I'm not. I'm asking why I've never even heard of a cage that uses a lock that is more difficult to pick than the standard magic locks. At any price (some titanium cages cost several thousand, but to my knowledge still rely on the cheap brass locks or padlocks).

17. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My background is in manufacturing, so that's the lens from which I view this.

You'd think that it's easy to just take something that works, and scale it down, but unfortunately, the smaller you try to make things and still keep up the ability to withstand user stress, the more expensive it becomes. For example, the Kickstarter example you shared is a great idea for a larger, standard door lock, but the inner rotating mechanism, plus the weakness of "bridge" at the tip of the key would present a lot of problems if you had to make them at the quarter of the size you'd need for a good chastity device lock.

I'm not saying that it could not be done, mind you; I'm saying that the problems it presents in both manufacturing and end use might not make it worth the expense for those who already make various types of devices. Most of us around here know that even the Burg Wachter locks, if not cleaned and lubed once in a while, can get sticky - it would be all too easy to break a key like this off in a device.

This is probably why Steelwerks and Mature Metal use security head screws. Screws, for their size, are strong, and the heads can be made very secure. In fact, you could probably buy a small bulk pack of hardened security head screws that are made in such a way to resist pliers for $25.

Could someone invent a hybrid screw/lock system? Yes, probably. But those people are probably thinking of industry specific uses, and not for chastity cages. That means that the makers of these cages might need to make their cages to accommodate the new locks, but again, they would probably need some financial incentive to do so. And I'm sure it's hard to market these devices through more traditional channels.

18. CumSlut

CumSlut Long term member

Canada
    Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    I agree that in the end all locks can be manipulated or unlocked without the KH/Owner's consent. But I also think it is a moot point.

My Owner and I prefer for all restraints we use to be lockable. The cute silicone pink cuffs She has me wear could be easily cut open whereas the heavy dungeon shackles would require bolt cutters or the like. But in any case - with the exception of the unlikely possibility of emergencies - I wouldn't dare to take off my bonds without permission or command from Her.

It is true that some bonds may be difficult or near impossible to escape. One good example I can think of is when She has me locked in the stocks and shackles. Therefore I think it is also possible to have an extremely secure chastity device. Obviously it is fun to be locked into something that requires the keyholder to unlock it. However, I think the level of security obscures the most important aspect of chastity and bondage: whether one is a sub in a Ds relationship or just someone who gives control of his cock to his KH, we all agreed to give up power and control.

If I were to take off my cage or masturbate without permission, not only would it be very disrespectful to my Owner, it would also go against my agreement with her that I consented to live as her slave. It would not be the punishment that awaits me that would bother me, but rather the shame of having disobeyed my Wife, which brings me to my point:

the locks on my chastity cage and restraints symbolize our mutual commitment to each other whereby my Owner is the one who controls both keys and locks and I willingly acquiesce to my freedom of movement/sexual pleasure/senses being removed or restricted by her. In short: I am proud of wearing the lock for her and would never open it myself.

Consensus, Rectrix and Tom Allen like this.
  19. Chris_S

Chris_S Be careful what you wish for!

Southern UK
    Local Time:
  20. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    yep… Steelwerks Extreme makes their own screws and bits. They’ve got “milling machines and a microscope spot welder.” and do amazing work with their equipment.

Mature Metal uses a high security proprietary fastener from a vendor that controls distribution of their secure drive.

Just to add two more names:
    Lori Lancer did… and MaleChastityNow does… each offer keyed fasteners unique to their own respective shops. I’m very happy with the 8-32 stainless steel fasteners MCN offers. They feel solid and not prone to stripping.

It’s a far more reliable method than a padlock for long term installation… even though padlocks are to click shut.

Another method is to get a numbered security seal with a stainless steel braided wire. I’ve tried them. They are very secure but still bulky.

Headtrip likes this.
  21. Xileh

Xileh Happily Serving

Local Time:
    High security screws, secure locks, plastic tags. They can all be defeated with a magic wand…

Tom Allen likes this.
  22. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I don't even need a vibrator. I literally can come in my cage when Mrs Edge and I are "foxing" (having sex with me wearing the strapon cock) if I'm aroused enough.

I know I've written about this in detail in the past: chastity devices only lock up your genitals, not your mind. A very horny guy who is determined to come will *almost* always be able to manage.

Consensus likes this.
  23. Thomas Gangman

Thomas Gangman Long term member

IT Consultant
    Northern New Jersey USA
    Local Time:
    My wife was given a small Bluetooth padlock as a gift from one of her clients. When it worked it was great, but chewed up batteries like no ones business. Plus you had to be within range of the receiver so when I walk out of the house it stopped working. A keyed padlock works better for that device and the internal key for the internal lock as well.

24. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    I will agree that the material is a bit lackluster, brass. Technology however is about as far as it can go without the lock being bigger.

Tumbler locks need space for the key to rotate. The more ridges on keys and more pronounced the teeth, the larger the tumbler(lock) has to be. For as small as they are, I think they do a great job keeping things locked up except for someone really really trying.

Can locks be picked? Um yeah I guess so, not exactly practical, considering that your head and eyes are fairly far away from your hands and device. I also don’t think learning the trade of locksmith should be considered a weakness in the lock. If I were that desperate to get out I would just tell her I need out, would be easier and more honest.

Is my lock escape proof? No, besides picking up amateur locksmithing, I could also drill it out. Again, not very practical having a drill cutting and spinning so close to your genitals, at a weird angle, and so far from your eyes. Doable, but stupid. I guess if you had a really really really close friend they could do it for you, I’m not that close with any of my buddies.

You could buy many devices and eventually find another key that matches. After owning so many, have found a few that out of about 18 devices, two matched. I solved this by tossing all the locks and keys except our current one. You can’t wear more than one device at a time anyway.

I think a lock that was a higher quality stainless steel and prettier key that wasn’t so long would be nice. However, brass is probably a better option for corrosion resistance, and key size so it’s not misplaced.

All in all, they are secure, and at the price with the device, practical. If someone is having issues with being able to pick a lock…break the key off in there, jb weld it shut, and then you can brag to everyone on a chastity site that it’s escape proof and “permanent”. I myself can use the lock as a deterrent and not a challenge.

BlokeDenied and LockedTower like this.
  25. beheld

beheld Member

Local Time:
    I've had this same experience at least once. I was using a strapon on my queen. and I started cumming right as she did. It was a very weird feeling to have an orgasm without anything genital stimulation, but reassured me that I was on the right journey. The idea that I can be so stimulated by giving my wife pleasure makes me feel like a true partner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice