Is Denial Potentially Harmful?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Locked Sam, May 8, 2021.

Random Thread
  1. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    3:15 PM
    I LOVE chastity. I LOVE how I am closer to my wife. I LOVE feeling like I am so close to someone that despite my biological urges I WANT to deny myself for her. In short I love everything about chastity. The feeling of the cage, the little things like having to sit to urinate. However. . . . . . .

I have recently come across a number of reputable articles like this one;

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/ejaculation_frequency_and_prostate_cancer

that seem to indicate a decreased risk of prostate cancer with increased orgasm frequency. Older literature suggested the opposite but the newer research seems to all suggest, decreased prostate cancer with increased orgasms.
    Is it possible that our innate urges. . . . the same urges we try to overcome with chastity. . . are trying to tell us something?
    I'm not about to give up chastity. I just started a few months ago but just about everything about it has positively impacted my life. But these articles made me pause.

2. collegeslave

collegeslave Junior Member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    Correlation does not equal causation. There is an association between orgasms and prostate cancer. This could be causal or it could be because those that have more orgasms are also more likely to have other risk reduction behaviors.

3. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:

Of course the studies were observational and not controlled, blinded etc. . . . statistics were not robust. The numbers however were substantial enough that if I was still in research I would say this suggests the need for a controlled trial. No way you could do it prospective or randomized given the years involved. But still. . . . . worth further investigation.

Like I said. . . not concerning enough for me to change my behavior. But I'll be watching.

The prior studies suggesting INCREASED prostate cancer risk were inferential based on increasing testosterone levels with frequent orgasms and then inferring that this must increase cancer risk. That was clearly bad science.

Anyway. . . . . . I sit here typing tightly locked away with no access to my key. On balance. . . . chastity still a good thing for me.,

4. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:

Just thought of something. You COULD do a randomized trial using we chastity lab rats on chastity mansion. We can be the control group assigned to no orgasms. What do you say. Who's on board to lock up in the name of science? We can assign the bulls of the world to the frequent orgasm group. The cuckolds on the site can help us recruit the bulls! :)

5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    I very much doubt it! Just think of all those men who have other health conditions that can prevent them from maintaining a erection, and from achieving an orgasm, this has been going on for years and nothing has been mentioned about it then, so I don’t see how it could be harmful in the long term.

6. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    In most cases, there is no reward without some risk. :) But for chastity, risk might be how much your wife enjoys it, leading to longer lockups. Good luck and enjoy.

Chaste J. likes this.
  7. Nosaint

Nosaint Member

Local Time:
    2:15 PM
    From the Harvard Study: https://www.healthline.com/health/prostate-cancer/ejaculation-prostate-cancer#research

"There’s exciting news on the prostate cancer front. If you ejaculate frequently, your risk of getting prostate cancer may be reduced. How often is frequent? A study at Harvard Medical School says 21 timesTrusted Source a month. A similar Australian studyTrusted Source points to seven times a week."

There is also no clear evidence of this rate of ejaculation is necessary throughout your life, late in life or early in life.

So let's see, I have to have sex or masturbate EVERY DAY, or at least two out of three days to slightly reduce my risk of prostate cancer...maybe.

Now post menopausal, my wife is absolutely not up for daily sex or 3 or 4 times a week sex, it would, in all seriousness, harm her. In addition, I can occasionally take my hand off my dick. Frankly at over 60, I seriously doubt my ability to orgasm 5 to 7 times a week. The last time I came close to that frequency I was about 13.

So if the difference of 52 times a year vs. 3 or 4 or 2 is not part of the study, it is not usable information for me.

I think there is a ton of research that needs to be done before any one can say anything with certainty.

8. Jack In A Cage

Jack In A Cage Member is caged

Self-employed
    New York
    Local Time:
    Is it possible that the older you get, the less frequently you have an orgasm and the more likely you will have prostrate trouble?? Like was said earlier, they may be linked, they may not be linked.

You don't see too many 20 year olds dying from prostrate cancer, is it because they cum 3 times a day or because they are 20??

zebra and JustAnotherGuyHere like this.
  9. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    5:15 AM
    It takes most cancers 20-30 years to appear after the causation. Thus early prostate cancer in 40s-50s could be due to lack of orgasms in the teens and 20s.

10. Jack In A Cage

Jack In A Cage Member is caged

Self-employed
    New York
    Local Time:
    I hear you, I was being half facetious. There is no real way of knowing if there is a correlation.

11. Headtrip

Headtrip Long term member

Midwest USA
    Local Time:
    I think the most important thing in the Harvard study is they didnt study why those guys only "got it" 4 times a month or what the differences in prostate activity were. No causations were ever proven (despite a few attempts). It IS possible that it IS as simple as ejaculations, but its equaly likely that the difference in cancer was a function of prostate stimulation or some other unrelated variable.

12. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    5:15 AM
    Not really, but I would exercise caution with lack of orgasms whilst young.

13. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    My GP who is a strong advocate of men's health said that for men, prostate cancer is inevitable if you live long enough, so it may not be a case of if you get it, but more when you get it (if something else doesn't get you first). I'm unsure of his sources for this opinion.

14. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Even if it does increase the risk, it will only do so minimally. And even if you got prostate cancer as a result, it probably won't kill you anyway. Most people with prostate cancer die of something else.

15. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Well, if you have seen men between 50 and 60 dying due to prostate cancer you would not argument like that.
    If you are 70+ then your point of view might be considerable.

16. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I think the statistics bear out my point.

17. cagedfellow

cagedfellow Long term member

Canada, Québec
    Local Time:
    Increasing sports give you chance to die later but not a guarantee

Smoking cigarettes increased the chance of cancer but you could not have any has my chimney smoking aunt who died at 88.

etc.

But the accepted main influence about health problems is your genes AND good life habits.

But Even with good habits, cancer can happen.

Prostate cancer can happens to any males. The study is way lacking strong informations to dispute a conclusion. But it's not totally impossible.

There was a study in the 90s who told people vaccine was harmful. But the life expectancy increased from 45 to 88 since 50s. Well, at the same moment vaccine has been globally given.

This is a serious question to ask for sure. But I would not be too much afraid about it has I have doubt that it's a direct causality.

18. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I asked a urologist about that very study, and if he recommended a minimum frequency of ejaculation. He said no, everyone is different. Just get your prostate checked if you’re 50 and earlier with a family history.

I discussed forceful ejaculation vs gentle emissions and they made clear to me they are the same. I explained my wife keeps me in arousal and avoids (climax and) refractory period. I was assured my balls would not burst.

I was told all that drama from the male climax only seems important. I don’t need orgasms. I asked one doctor. I got it confirmed by a second, in writing.

There are other threads on this, I’d have to dig them up.

19. anomalous1

anomalous1 Active member

USA
    Local Time:

Observational studies are always problematic with numerous confounds, It could be for instance, that men who ejaculate more are better able to maintain erections due to good cardiovascular health. Being in good diminishes one's risk of prostate cancer (obesity is a risk factor for nearly all cancers).

Ejaculation is not necessary for your physical health (eventually you'll ejaculate from nocturnal emissions anyway). Not cumming can adversely impact your mental health and your relationships however. The oxytocin released in the wake of an orgasm has powerful impacts on bonding and reinforcement.

Peter Rabbit and cagedfellow like this.
  20. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    I can completely understand the hormonal element of bonding, but I have had equally powerful feelings / sensations after not being released, particularly when performing a submissive act after "sex" (e.g. bathing my other half, washing her whilst kneeling in the shower).

anomalous1 likes this.
  21. good2fun

good2fun Long term member

Local Time:
    8:15 PM
    Overall mortality in Germany is 18,8 / 100.000
    Survival rate @5 years 89%
    Survival rate @ 10 years 88%
    I prefer reducing this risk by listening to my urologist.
    She said:‘use it on a regular basis, not only once in a blue moon‘.

22. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    12:15 PM
    #22 Elfman, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    In reality you can probably negate the minimally increased risk by eliminating other factors like a bad died, lack of exercise, smoking, etc.

For example, eating brassica every day can reduce the amount of testosterone converting into estrogen, which could help reduce the risk of cancer.

If your overall health is bad, blowing your load isn't going to save you from prostate cancer.

23. Locked Sam

Locked Sam Active member

Physician
    Local Time:
    I think it’s fun to look at how easily we can bias ourselves. We often interpret studies to support our own preconceived views. Human nature I suppose. Until proven otherwise I think best to keep doing what we think is right for each of us, but to encourage the research to move forward and be prepared to accept solid conclusions if they are ever arrived at. My relationship with my wife has improved to such a degree that there would have to be some pretty powerful irrefutable studies done before I would be giving up on chastity. What price happiness?
    I love the give and take on this site. Kindred souls. I’m glad I found this.

Rectrix and Headtrip like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice