7 Day Review of the Custom Chastity "Saint" Permanent Edition

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Giles_English, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:07 PM
    I just posted the following review on my blog (I'm afraid you'll need to click through if you want pictures because uploading is a bit of a fiddle).

This is my in-depth 7-day technical review of the new Saint "Permanent Edition" by Custom Chastity.

This version of the Saint has two innovations: (#1) a new corrugated oval base ring, presumably available as an option for all CC devices; and (#2) a "permanent" locking system based on snap-in seals. These create... I'm going to say it... synergies.

Overall, scarily, this is the best chastity device I've worn.

I say "scarily" because it's also the first permanent-out-of-the box device to appear on the market, and I'm sealed into it.

According to my wife, I'm going to be wearing this for a long, long time.

The "Permanent Saint" came to me free for review, but would cost you around the $400 mark for a custom device, depending on the options you picked, or maybe above half that price if you fit a standard size.

That's serious money for a serious bit of kit!

The custom price reflects that Lady Fox tailors the CAD files to your dimensions and sends you a prototype in lower grade materials before creating the real thing in tough, odour free surgical nylon.

The price for both standard and custom devices also reflects: the material, which is not cheap; and the labour, which involves creating the mould using 3D printing, but then pouring the surgical nylon to create a solid non-porous device, and then finishing the device with various tools.

That's therefore a good rate for the labour and materials alone - compare, e.g., to a high end LARP gear or tailored suits.

The material alone makes this worthwhile. Surgical nylon is tough - Custom Chastity have a video on their site of one of their devices surviving being run over by a car! - and doesn't pick up body smells. It's also very lightweight, which greatly reduces wear and skin damage, while making it easier to take exercise. And, finally, this device is - obviously! - entirely non-metallic, which is great for going through metal detectors or in hypothetical disaster scenarios involving being rushed into a CT scan. (I don't know how it would do in one of those privacy-violating airport body scans.)

The texture is "eggshell", which some people don't get along with, but I like because it doesn't stick to the skin the way a totally smooth surface tends to. The colour is... well I got mine in white and dyed it Sandstone, which is pretty easy to do. However, you can order a range of colours from the website. My experience is that they tend to fade a little over a year of continuous use, but can easily be topped up using a RitDymore Synthetic dye. (I have heard of people using a clear coat spray and achieving long-term colour fastness, but I didn't have the patience to experiment this time.)

Replacement seals for the permanent device come in packs of 6 and will probably cost around $100. As I understand it, these things are a fiddle to finish and many of the manufacturing costs are per item, regardless of size. In any case, for a permanent device, cost is actually a feature, especially if it comes out of the household budget.

The base design is my tried-and-tested Custom Saint. This was already near perfect.

Like the original, this device pretty much stays put - I can do naked star jumps in it - and eliminates the effects of turtling. I very rarely wake "stuck in the barrel" and don't have to do a manual adjustment whenever I get hard. I also don't chafe or start to smell. Security is what you'd expect: I could't get the thing off my balls, but could if I wanted pull out the back. Getting off while locked would be uncomfortable but still possible. Getting back in after ejaculating would be bruising. Peeing is fine, thanks to being able to adjust the head when required. Getting hard is exquisitely frustrating, and the device doesn't come away from the body when I do.
    Finger access behind the paper clip means everything aligns easily for peeing.

This new version actually manages to improve on the original through the two upgrades:

#1 New Corrugated Oval Base Ring (generally available)

I don't generally get on with wider rings, but this one is not much wider than the original and compensates by being very shallow in cross-section. The broadness and corrugation grip the skin more firmly, but - because the pressure is spread out - more gently than would a simple hoop.

The narrow "0" means that there's extra space "under the chin" where scrotum meets penis. This eliminates a potential pinch point, and opens out an area that was previously hard to keep dry. (I suspect that this design is forgiving of a wide range of "gaps" and sizes.)

That extra space also lets the underside of the ring sit further back against the body, reducing the hank of scrotum normally draped across that gap. This lets the device conform closely to your actual genitals, which is aesthetically and sensually pleasing, and also more practical because, in sitting further back, the ring never brushes your thighs.

Improved seating combines with the narrowness of the "0" so that you can your legs without thinking about it. I can, for example, sleep on my side without having to manually reposition my caged package.

#2 New Permanent Closure System

Six snap-in seals come with the device. I had to use a craft knife to trim the sprue, which was pretty straightforward - if you feel confident about subsequently drilling out the seal, then this shouldn't present a problem. The limited number of seals is itself a feature.

The new tube/ring arrangement is different from the base design, involving a rear hood for the tube. It was a bit harder to get into than normal, and it's worth checking both testicles make it through before snapping in the seal. However, this is not a device I expect to put on very often.

The seal snapped into place with no issues. It's countersunk, so there's no way to get in a fingernail or knife, and even if you could, I doubt the chunky seal would lever out. In an emergency, a hacksaw or bolt-cutter should go through the base ring... if such an emergency warrants wrecking a $400 device, that is!

Getting out without damaging the expensive device will involve tools and therefore privacy.

Surgical nylon is tough but does drill and grind. An indentation on the top of each seal shows you where to drill and should help with purchase. A cheap rotary tool will probably do it with a few hours of fuss and fiddling, or a drill with drill press and clamp after half an hour of - understatement - careful setup.

Basically, unless you have your own workshop space, you can't escape without other people wondering what you are up to. If, for example, you are in student halls or a shared apartment, don't expect to remove this device any time soon.

The large top vent, only possible because of the locking system, mostly eliminates the ventilation dead spot at the top of the penis.

The low profile, also resulting from the permanent locking system, is wonderful! Unlike every other device I've worn, there's no aircraft carrier-like superstructure to provide odd bumps in clothing or press into the pubis when you squat or bend down.

Overall Effect

This must be as close to a second skin as you are going to get with a rigid device. I don't have to make any practical allowances for its presence. I don't even need to blow dry my manparts after a shower.

Concealment is better than anything I have ever worn, except that the shape of the paperclip end shows through tight thin underwear. The original Saint was already OK for using public urinals as long as I got a corner, or there were bays/stalls. This version is even better because there's no fussy superstructure to pull through my flies.

I suspect that this is the ultimate non-piercing ball-gripper chastity device. You can enjoy most of the benefits just by getting a Saint with the new base ring. However, for unrivalled practicality and concealment, I'm afraid you're going to have to go for the Permanent version. (At the time of writing, neither upgrade is in the online catalogue, but I believe you can contact Custom Chastity direct to ask for them.)

2. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    (I am now into the 5th month of wearing this.)

ChasteCel and Peter Rabbit like this.
  3. Kiesela

Kiesela Long term member

Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    It looks nice and light and airy

4. Giles_English

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It is. It's the first device I've had where I can confidently towel dry.

Kiesela likes this.
  5. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    8:07 PM
    Looks a nice device, glad it works for you.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese saint chastity cafe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice