[First Time] Custom Measurement Advice + Help

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by jackburden, Apr 3, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. jackburden

jackburden Active member

Boston, Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    Hi all,

I'm starting measurements for my first custom piece, and I would love to get this right and perfect the first time. I'm reading up on as many of the recommended measurement guides as I can find:

1. https://www.chastitymansion.com/for...measuring-system-for-custom-fit-devices.5673/
    2. https://web.archive.org/web/2016031...uide-to-chastity/part-1-fitting-and-measuring
    3. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xt3bhdLJLzaxua-ZJk7Af9FA77-fmPtCf47bB48mgTA/
    4. https://www.maturemetal.com/guide-to-measuring-your-penis-for-a-chastity-device/
    Firstly, if you have any other recommended guides for how to measure properly, that would be appreciated. My hope is to measure much, much more than twice, and have only to cut once. And I do have now a set of the MM sizing rings, so I'll be using those as well.

Secondly, the MM documentation reads:

Measure yourself when flaccid and at your smallest. The correct measurement is when you are at your smallest, but NOT when you are “shriveled up”. You know the difference.​

I don't know the difference. So, if it's allowed and not TMI, I'm including several photos of myself from different angles and at a level of relaxation that made sense to me upon first look. This is I think what I look like casually relaxed, and not coming out of an arctic plunge or anything of that nature. But I wanted to try and confirm that I'm at about the right state.

I expect I'm going to have oodles of additional and follow-up questions, so I thank you ahead of time for your forbearance. I'm really excited to be doing this, and I'd sure like to make good use of everyone else's accumulated expertise.

Thank you all so much!

IMG_20200403_105753.jpg IMG_20200403_105800.jpg IMG_20200403_105821.jpg IMG_20200403_105834.jpg

2. Mistress Raven's property

Local Time:
    7:26 AM
    I think it makes a difference whether you are a grower or shower (that's what we call them here, not sure if the translation works).

I'm a grower, and measured when 'shriveled' up. Not as in 'straight out from a long cold shower', but as in warm, totally relaxed and utterly unexcited. I measured quickly as I tended to grow a bit while measuring. I did that several times a day, over several weeks.

I then moved on with the smallest recorded measurements, to subtract about 9mm from length. For diameter of cage I subtracted about 2mm.

Both length and diameter are perfect fits, no adjustment needed.

For the base ring I used some circular penis rings and noticed 44,5 mm was slightly too small. Was told ergonomic ring of 45 mm (steelworxx) corresponded to 47mm circular, so I went for those 45 ergonomic mm. That fits perfectly just until the permanent frustration sets in, and the base (mine, at least) grows, and stays a bit thicker, both awake and sleeping. Then it's too tight and becomes painful. I'll have it increased with 2mm.

That said, I'm not sure how precise the measurement is from steelworxx, since there's no way to measure diameter of a square'ish-circle that have a bend at the bottom.

Good luck!

3. jackburden

jackburden Active member

Boston, Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    I hope you don't mind follow-up questions, and I'm replying in-line. The grow/show division has always confused me, as I expected it would have been more of a continuum. I'm just about 164mm at the fullest (depending how you measure, and that's the trick, isn't it?) and the images above are me when calm, and as you said, relaxed and unexcited. So I imagine I'd fit in the "show" category.

Wow, well that's the dream. Could you talk about how you came to those figures for how much to subtract? If I'm not quite your shape or size, following based on the numbers could be a dangerous move.

I have a set of rings from MM, and I've measured myself several times in the past, but some while ago, so I'm going to follow your model and make sure and take oodles of measurements before I settle on something. And that's wonderful advice also to take measurements during some longer periods of abstinence, as that's the intended use-case.

Ha! It almost starts to sound like a calculus problem! Thank you very much, I'm hoping for luck along with some wisdom from others.

4. Seeken

Seeken New member

Local Time:
    11:26 PM

jackburden likes this.
  5. Mistress Raven's property

Local Time:
    Yup, but the challenge here is really that when we are talking about circles and diameters, we are indirectly talking about area (how much 'meat' is there room for). When we are talking irregular ovals, knowing the circumference doesn't help, because we can't (easily) infer the area which would allow us to compare the 'meat space' to the known area of a circular ring.

On top of that comes the bend (the bended oval is really a 3D area) , which reduces the area. Imagine us bending the oval 180 degrees instead of e.g. 20 degrees, which would have an unchanged circumference but an area of 0.

All of this might sound like pedantics, but since changing the diameter of a circle by just 2mm to 47mm, increases the area from 1589 square mm to 1739 square mm (or roughly 10% more room), even minor variations have huge impact.

6. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    totally agree with that! Several times I thought I could squeeze in to a cage just 1 or 2 mm narrower, but not a chance!

7. Mistress Raven's property

Local Time:
    #7 Mistress Raven's property, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Well, it's based on several factors. I believe MM advise to subtract some mm (6?) and steelworxx also recommends subtracting some (it might have been 10mm).

Then I've been using a silicone device (that apart from length, hygiene, aesthetics, worked extremely well) where I didn't fill it to the end while totally flaccid, so I measured the length and subtracted the 'unused' space to get an ideal length.

All in all, length wise, I think you want it as small as possible to prevent growth and since all the measurements/calculations all ended up within a margin of 5mm I just took the average.

For diameter of cage I took the diameter of the silicone device at it's widest. Since that is at the head, I wanted a bit smaller, and that happened to be my measured width, around the shaft, minus 2mm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice