Creative ways to secure the keys

Discussion in 'Online chastity and self locking' started by bodman54, Feb 10, 2020.

1. bodman54

bodman54 Active member

Engineer
    New England, USA
    Local Time:
    7:22 AM
    So we all know that it isn't possible to have a local keyholder. So sometimes you have to improvise to stop yourself from unlocking. But getting rid of the keys can be risky. What are some ways you secure the keys? Other than a number lock box. My favorite method is to fill a water bottle and drop the keys in. Drop it in the freezer and they're nice and secured but still accessible in case of an emergency

sissy_connie likes this.
  2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    That's always an issue for self lockers. I can see your approach. I guess trying to thaw it out, gives you time to really decide if it is an emergency or just a moment of weakness. I always thought about asking a neighbor to hold my keys as a backup. Sort of a second house key in case I get locked out, but include a key to my chastity too.

1mlockedup, bodman54 and sissy_connie like this.
  3. sissy_connie

sissy_connie Long term member

professional
    Local Time:
    That would probably work ...unless neighbor knew what a chastity key looks like :) But chances are the neighbor would never look closely, :)

durango_o and slave8311798 like this.
  4. bodman54

bodman54 Active member

Engineer
    New England, USA
    Local Time:
    It's a good idea, except I don't actually know any of my neighbors so it would be both weird and risky

5. slave8311798

slave8311798 Member

Coder
    Mid-Atlantic Region USA
    Local Time:
    I’ve often wondered about the usefulness of freezing a key in a large block of ice. If someone is desperate, they can just break the ice with a hammer, to “speed up” the thawing process ;)

6. bodman54

bodman54 Active member

Engineer
    New England, USA
    Local Time:
    Very true. But theoretically if you need to break it for an emergency then you would be going for it no matter how it was secured

slave8311798 likes this.
  7. slave8311798

slave8311798 Member

Coder
    Mid-Atlantic Region USA
    Local Time:
    If you work sufficiently far from home, you could leave your key at work for a full weekend, or to start even smaller, just overnight on a weekday.

Also, securing your key in a bank deposit box is interesting - making it a bit more difficult to retrieve it. Or even a bank deposit box in a distant city.

Other ideas involve shipping it to yourself using the slowest shipping option available, and requiring a signature.

I like the idea of having a neighbor hold the key - but if you’re concerned about them recognizing it, you could give them a set of keys, one of which is the chastity key (hiding in plain sight, so to speak). Or you could lock your chastity key in a small safe at home, that requires a normal key, then your neighbor can hold the safe key, which doesn’t look anything like a chastity key.

i love trying to come up with creative ways to self lock and make the key difficult to retrieve.

If there is a forest within driving distance, you can find a secluded, less traveled spot and bury your key there. Imagine the shock if you came back to retrieve it, and there was a note there instead that indicated someone watched you bury it, and they have your key now?

There is also the K safe option, which has a countdown timer before it unlocks. Of course, if desperate enough you can just break it. To avoid that you can put something fragile and valuable in there with the key, so that breaking the safe means breaking something very valuable. Or filling it with paint so that breaking it means making a huge mess that you need to clean up.

You could also purchase a real time lock safe... like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NFIDTMK/

Or, purchase a realtor key lock box. Put your key in it, then scramble the combination without looking, lock it, then scramble again. Now it will take you several hours potentially to go through each four digit combination to find the right code. But be methodical when trying to open it. I once went too fast and thought I tried the combination. One of the dials wasn’t clicked all the way. I’ll never forget now — I had to go through all those combinations almost twice... 9999 possibilities, and I missed it the first time. I didn’t find it until the 6000s, second time around. Ha!

Anyone else have any great ideas?

John and bodman54 like this.
  8. bodman54

bodman54 Active member

Engineer
    New England, USA
    Local Time:
    I saw somewhere that someone put their keys in a block of cement. A bit tougher to make but also tougher to get through

slave8311798 likes this.
  9. slave8311798

slave8311798 Member

Coder
    Mid-Atlantic Region USA
    Local Time:
    Wow!!! A block of cement sounds awesome. With hydrated lime mixed in, you can make the cement even stronger... LOL

10. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    Hide them at someone else’s house. Maybe taped under their guest bathroom sink. Or just leave at work. Usually you just need something to distract you for a few minutes after a moment of weakness so any method that takes more than 5 minutes will be 95% or more effective.

11. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    Tried the freezing idea, but when in need, a microwave can defrost the ice pretty quickly.

Guest 3972 and slave8311798 like this.
  12. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    5:22 AM
    Or even a hot tap for that matter, as I once discovered to my disappointment. For an ice method to really work, you have to have some way to keep your grubby li’l mitts away from the ice, which implies some more bondage.

Not that that’s a bad thing, but not necessarily what you’re looking for if you just want to keep the keys away from yourself. :key:

13. bodman54

bodman54 Active member

Engineer
    New England, USA
    Local Time:
    I think at some point you need to have some self control. You just need to not take the ice out of the freezer

14. slave8311798

slave8311798 Member

Coder
    Mid-Atlantic Region USA
    Local Time:
    I think you make a good point here. Ice works great if you’re doing self bondage. You can freeze the key for bondage release ahead of time, then place the frozen key within your grasp, but obviously can’t head to the sink to melt with hot water if you’re locked to a pipe. Just be sure to time how long it will take for your key to thaw. Body heat will speed that up a bit, and will add to the discomfort ;)

15. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    4:22 AM
    So, the way to prevent this is to create your own permafrost. You buy some sphagnum moss, put your key in the middle, and add water and freeze. It will be significantly more difficult to to break apart the ice block (and also slower to thaw). It's no good in an emergency, but honestly, anything that is good in an emergency is no good for any other time.

slave8311798 likes this.
  16. Ryder_66

Ryder_66 Member

Local Time:
    Slow mail...Take the key to a mailbox across town, or even better if you are traveling mail it from a different city. It is completely out of your control. Cheap bolt cutters will work in case of emergency and make you think twice about ruining a good lock.

17. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    Well yes, and one can practice chastity without wearing a device, and I suppose one could get pleasure from lying still and not trying to move rather than being tied up.

Self control is great and all, but no control is the dragon we’re chasing here. :p

slimswitch and slave8311798 like this.
  18. slave8311798

slave8311798 Member

Coder
    Mid-Atlantic Region USA
    Local Time:
    Oh no... don’t put ice with a metal key embedded into the microwave. Sparks can fly.

19. Bobbie Michelle

Retired
    Dallas Texas USA
    Local Time:
    6:22 AM
    I have a small combination lock safe. I have a good friend who knows what I'm into but has no interest himself change the combination when he's over for a visit and write it down but not tell me. Every Sunday at a random time he sends me an email and if I answer within 3 minutes he sends me the combination if not it's another 7 days. I went 3 weeks once and can tell you I kept my phone close that third Sunday.

20. Guest 1101

Guest 1101 Active member

Local Time:
    My wife has no interest, but sometimes tolerates my locking .she has to travel periodically to conferences or to her Dad’s place out of state. I skip the key into her car before she leaves and that way it is sitting two hours away at the airport parking lot.

another idea I have but not one I have tried is to get some good gaffers tape and in the parking lot at work tape the key in the wheel well or under the fender of a coworkers car. Your boss, perhaps? Do that on a Friday morning and hope they don’t get their car rigorously detailed over the weekend.

ShySubDave likes this.
  21. havke

havke Active member

Netherlands
    Local Time:
    12:22 PM
    A digital safe or numbered lockbox in combination with the ChastiKey app works like a charm. It offers a timer mode, a dynamic mode based upon a card drawing game and can even be used with a KeyHolder.
    Want a safety net, you can configure the lock in such a way you can buy yourself an emergency key.

Leolocked likes this.
  22. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    I do not self lock... but I figured I would throw my two cents in...

If you are unlocking yourself frequently it would make sense to use one of those timer bins... like this I guess?

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Purpos...eywords=lock+with+timer&qid=1592837965&sr=8-7

But if you are locking long term you really need to make getting your key not so easy... and a bit of a pain in the ass to get so... For example...

If you put your key in the wall of your house somewhere you could literally get it in under 15 seconds by knocking a little hole in the dry wall... but it is still a deterain because it is going to be a pain in the ass to fix the damn hole you make every time...

So if you are going to "cheat the system" and unlock early, you are punishing yourself by having to fix the dry wall... but if you are locking yourself for a month or two fixing a little hole in the wall is no big deal once a month.

Set yourself up for a key spot that is easy and quick to get in case of an emergency, but it is going to cause a bit of a punishment and pain in the ass for you... to make you think twice about getting it so frequently.

Once again just my two cents on the topic, don't have any skin in this game... what do you think?

23. slinchman

slinchman Member

Local Time:
    I use ChastiKey as a backup. I have a lock for a lockbox with a ridiculous amount of time on it, which is for my backup key. I forgot this code at least six months ago. I can buy the emergency key code if I absolutely need it, but I set it to require the maximum amount of keys. It would cost 50 keys to unlock (£200). So, while I have an always available emergency key I would never use it unless I have no other alternative.

24. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Here are a few ideas... It's all about delay, if you have a moment of weakness, if it's going to take you time to get the key, then you're more likely to think again. Are you more likely to want to unlock in the evening or night? then put the key outdoors, cold, dark and rain are all good for making you less likely to bother getting it.

Put the key in a small container, and...
    - bury it in your garden. The deeper the better. However long it takes you to dig the hole, then that's how long it'll take you to retrieve it.
    - drop the container in a can of paint or old engine oil - easy to get to but you're going to get messy retrieving it.
    - go to a local public park and bury the key in a flowerbed. Extra points if the park is locked at night.
    - go to a local beauty spot and bury the key there.
    - get a number of identical containers, put the key in one, and in the others put a different old key or other object so they feel, weigh and sound the same. Mix them up and hide the containers in different places. When you want to be released you have to 1) remember where you put them all, and 2) find the one that has the key.
    - get a ladder and put the key out of reach on your roof, or on a fence or up a telegraph pole. Fasten it with a screw or nail to a wooden part so that it doesn't get displaced or stolen by a bird.
    - find somewhere in a shop, library or museum to hide the key. Taped under a low shelf is a good place. You'll only be able to retrieve it in the hours / days when it's open.
    - if you have a garage, loft or cellar full of piles of junk, just throw the key to the back of the pile so that it's awkward to get to. Extra points for closing your eyes when you throw it.
    - throw the key from an upstairs window.
    - drop the key behind a heavy piece of furniture like a wardrobe or fridge/freezer - extra points if you have to unload the contents to move it.
    - hide it in a relative's or friend's house or garden. You'll only be able to retrieve it when you revisit.
    - seal the key in a glass bottle. Drop the key in, warm the neck of the bottle up with a flame and squeeze the neck with a pair of pliers to close it. You have to break the bottle to get the key, so you'll likely not want to do that in the bedroom or elsewhere inside the house.
    - lock the key in a lockable box. Hide the box in one location, and the key to the box in another, so you have to visit both locations to unlock.
    - and finally, a simple way is to wrap the key in many layers of sellotape or duct tape. It'll take you some time to get the key out, and if you find yourself trying to retrieve it, you can give yourself a penalty by doubling up on the tape - extra points for getting the wrapped key to basketball size!

When I played solo I used a number of these methods. Don't ask me how I discovered the hard way that hiding a key outdoors in the summer was so much easier than trying to retrieve a key on a cold, wet and dark winter's night!

In a real emergency, if you have a standard padlock on your device then they are easily broken by using two spanners to force the shackle (plenty of examples how on youtube). The locking tabs and pins on integrated locks (unless you've bought a quality replacement) are quite weak, inserting a tool and forcing the lock isn't difficult. Of course in both cases you'll destroy the lock but they're easily replaced. If you do put the key in a difficult to get place, make sure you have the tools and know-how to bust your lock. Stay safe.

anasyrma likes this.
  25. Solo1

Solo1 Active member

Semi retired
    UK
    Local Time:
    One problem here is if you have a Holy Trainer device it says Holy Trainer on the key

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to self lock an integrated chastity cage

2. solo chastity public play

3. cruel things to do to chastity keys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice