Bijou bushing

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by subslave l, Dec 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. subslave l

subslave l Active member

Local Time:
    11:25 PM
    My Bijou was initially installed on Nov 19. Had a perfect fit the first couple of days while going without underwear. Then the head started turtling back inside the shaft.
    I had mixed results wearing underwear. I can push it back out and it will turtle again. No pain, just inconvenient.

I went to the hardware store and got some clear hose to fab a temporary bushing until I order a new smaller diameter shaft tube.

With my luck, this will end up in perpetual shrinking girth with smaller and smaller purchases.

I read somewhere about o rings as I don’t want to black the air holes.

Suggestions anyone?

2. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    I had the same issue with the Bijou, ordered a couple of replacement tubes of different diameters, with the same result. Unfortunately I have given it away. For the above reason and also with the lock below the PA pin, I found it difficult to keep the lock area clean and free from odour.

3. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    12:25 AM
    I have an Orion (same thing as the Bijou, except with a ring). And I had the same turtling problem. Put up with it for well over a year.

When I had to get my tube section remade a few months ago, I asked Andy to thicken the ring at the front of the tube that rests on the back of the glans. I remember reading somewhere (probably here) someone who did something similar...

And it solved the turtle problem big time. I still turtle, but only very rarely. Success!

I recommend something similar.

4. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    9:25 PM
    I have a bijou and it works quite well. I think I know what may cause your problems - but fit depends on penis shape and that varies tremendously.

I don't think the diameter is the problem. If, at your most flaccid, you are pulling away from the cage then you probably do need a smaller diameter. You could always go smaller and that makes for a stricter cage - untill it starts to cause edema. Mine is small enough to always be in contact, but not cause edema.

But I can still turtle in in. I assume by "turtle" you mean that you glans back away from the end of the cage. Because it is held by PA, your penis can't pull very far back, but it pulls back enough that it does not look like optimal fit.

I think this is about where the device sits on your skin. If your penis is like mine, and many are not, there is extra skin that can slide up and down over the shaft. I have a fair amount because my circumcision was somewhat loose. If I just put the cage on but don't push the skin in, then it sits on the skin of the end of my penis and it is easy for the cage to slide forward. The ridge that is meant to hook the glans does nothing to prevent this.

What I need to do is pull the skin through the cage so that it sits on the skin of the middle of my penis. That holds my penis deeper into the device. I have enough loose skin that when I do this, there is a pile of skin out the front of the tube. The glans ring is not resting against the glans, but holding this skin in place. This is not quite how the bijou is designed, but wearing it like this works for me.

I've asked them to design a new tube with a gap in the tube behind the glans ring. I would pull spare skin into this. The glans ring could then sit on the glans as designed. I didn't complete this because the cost was getting high and the device I have works very well already. If I get another device from them, it will include this feature.

5. Raven's j

Raven's j New member

US, Redmond, WA
    Local Time:
    9:25 PM
    Hi! I was having the same issue with my Evotion bijou, but I worked with Andy on an alternative. Using the concept from a penis jewelry, he made the cage design to have a narrower diameter right behind the crown. He also made the area thicker as well. He was able to do so without adjusting the diameter of the remaining shaft. In doing so, it really prevents all turtling and keeps it securely in place (comfortably too). That adjustment made all of the difference for me and have been able to wear it on a very extended basis now. Hope that helps. All of the best!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice