Struggling to contact Behind Barz

Discussion in 'Behind Barz' started by slavefox, Aug 8, 2019.

1. slavefox

slavefox Active member

Manager at Tech Company
    Las Vegas, USA
    Local Time:
    6:55 PM
    When I placed my order months ago, they seemed a little slow to respond but not massively, and I got my order on time.

Since then, I've worn the belt on and off and there are a couple of problems (mainly I can pull out) but they're completely fixable with minor alterations. I emailed them and they've been much slower to respond, taking a week or so between replies and, since I emailed them to confirm the order for replacements, I've heard nothing at all in a couple of months. I chased them a couple of times in this time.

Has anyone else struggled to contact them? Any recommendations? Really frustrating because these alterations are minor but hugely important.

2. dbjohn

dbjohn New member

Local Time:
    1:55 AM
    Me too…I have tried email and the website’s contact form almost 2 months ago but I have not got a reply yet. I was looking to order a belt with a couple of small custom size adjustments – nothing special.

I haven’t ordered anything yet, and given the lack of signs of activity at the moment I am reluctant to.

I don’t want to sound too negative. I really like the look of the products and website. And there could be a number of reasonable explanations for the lack of response. Their product and website is one of the best in the market (that I’ve seen so far), and it would not surprise me if they are too busy with orders and alterations both from new and existing customers, and they simply can’t keep up. Or worse that they have made so much money that they don’t need to. I hope for our sake that’s not true and it isn’t a company that is going to disappear. I hope they can scale up their operations to meet demand and I understand that isn't easy.

I find it hard to believe that the opposite would true, i.e. that they are struggling or winding down the company because they aren't profitable. But I don't know.

@Behind Barz, I want you to succeed but communication with customers is essential for the reputation, survival and growth of any business. Be honest and transparent, even if it is just a short reply to say “We are very busy but hope to get back to you…” or “due to demand we have increased our waiting list to 6 months or 1 year, etc”. Some response is better than none.

I hope we won’t see negative threads like this one for a another company: https://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/rigid-chastity-time-to-delivery.30422/

@slave stroppy seems to know Behind Barz well and those involved. Can you shed any light please?

3. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Hi have just spotted this thread and am a little bit at a loss to explain why there has been no responses from Shea or Joe from behindbarz i do know that they were extremely busy before i went away to France for four weeks but non the less they should have gotten back to you. I will send Joe a message now and see if i can find out what has occured and get back to you or get Joe to respond. I am not part of behindbarz but just helped with the original idea of the belt and helping Joe get started. He is a one man show in the actual creating of the belts but has family working with him sorting out assembly and postage and orders etc. Will try and find out whats happened.

4. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    its me again just to let you know i have had a reply from Joe albeit on a private facebook email i have and he is really sorry that there appears to have been an issue like this he has said he will be getting through to his website chap who deals with all his contact details etc on Monday to get him to check if there is a problem with the system. hope this helps. Joe says he has been busy but there is certainly no reason for non returning of customers messages so hopefully just an IT blip.

dbjohn and maid_carrie like this.
  5. b2please

b2please A fun and powerful game!

Atlanta
    Local Time:
    9:55 PM
    #5 b2please, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    83FBD58A-99ED-4070-8562-353C0D89D9E9.jpeg A9C6BDE3-5DC7-4A8D-9755-8DA14ABDAA0F.jpeg A9C6BDE3-5DC7-4A8D-9755-8DA14ABDAA0F.jpeg
    Has anyone else struggled to contact them? Any recommendations? Really frustrating because these alterations are minor but hugely important.[/QUOTE]

Yes!
    I’ve had multiple attempts at conversation after spending about $1,000 on a Hannibal device.

Very slow responses and sudden ends of the conversation.

My device was really unusable, with the Hannibal’s bottom connection bent toward & into my skin about 1/2” as it arrived. Joe said he’d happily make a fix if I designed it. So I designed a simple fix, involving welding a small flat stainless tab to a standard rear rod. I said I would drill the holes and attach it myself. He got the pictures, and said it looked easy and said he would would quote.

Then his wife intervened that they would need to charge by the hour and since it’s a first, it could be a lot of hours. She also seemed upset, saying they had hundreds of people wearing the inwardly bent sharp piece of metal and were very happy. I strongly doubt this!!

So this warning of an unlimited high price, after I designed a product solution for them for free. So the deal changed from what Joe and I had discussed. But still, they would not answer my emails after this and after I had designed a fix

Finally, after about 8 months, I have modified my own device to be usable. You can see the before pic with graph paper in the background. Who could wear this? With the smooth jockstrap cup shape, designed to fit snugly on your body, interrupted by their sharp metal crude attachment to the rear bar!

Lucy likes this.
  6. Nikki_E

Nikki_E Chastised Crossdressing Hubby

Local Time:
    @dbjohn , did you get any response yet, some kind of update or resolution? Keen to know how communication has been since the above update from slave-stroppy. Mindful its Summer Holiday season in the UK (which may factor in to things for a small business), but always a little unsettling to hear these kind of communication breakdowns when you're on the verge of ordering. Thanks in advance!

7. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    Yes!
    I’ve had multiple attempts at conversation after spending about $1,000 on a Hannibal device.

Very slow responses and sudden ends of the conversation.

My device was really unusable, with the Hannibal’s bottom connection bent toward & into my skin about 1/2” as it arrived. Joe said he’d happily make a fix if I designed it. So I designed a simple fix, involving welding a small flat stainless tab to a standard rear rod. I said I would drill the holes and attach it myself. He got the pictures, and said it looked easy and said he would would quote.

Then his wife intervened that they would need to charge by the hour and since it’s a first, it could be a lot of hours. She also seemed upset, saying they had hundreds of people wearing the inwardly bent sharp piece of metal and were very happy. I strongly doubt this!!

So this warning of an unlimited high price, after I designed a product solution for them for free. So the deal changed from what Joe and I had discussed. But still, they would not answer my emails after this and after I had designed a fix

Finally, after about 8 months, I have modified my own device to be usable. You can see the before pic with graph paper in the background. Who could wear this? With the smooth jockstrap cup shape, designed to fit snugly on your body, interrupted by their sharp metal crude attachment to the rear bar![/QUOTE]

nice mods :)

1mlockedup likes this.
  8. dbjohn

dbjohn New member

Local Time:
    @Nikki_E No, I haven’t got any response yet. But I admit I haven’t followed up since slave stroppy’s last message. I am using “natural chastity” methods without devices. Working ok for me at the moment but my will-power is not perfect and would prefer a good device/belt. Was considering getting a neosteel belt. But I’m too busy with other things at the moment.

I’m disappointed Behindbarz haven’t replied to my original emails and they haven’t come on this forum to respond to this thread. It may be safe to order a standard belt from them, but, at the moment, I wouldn’t be confident that they could respond to any alterations you may want on the belt down the road. And that may be essential for many customers as this is no ordinary consumer product – these belts need to fit properly and stay secure.

I will wait until I see more activity from BehindBarz before revisiting it. I recommend you consider emailing them directly before ordering anything to get a sense of where they are now.

9. lockedunderwear

IT
    Northeastern US
    Local Time:
    9:55 PM
    Those mods are brilliant! I may try my hand at that on mine, seems like something almost within my very limited capabilities as a metalsmith...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice