Is the industry off on Sizing?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Maybe Reluctantly, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Maybe Reluctantly

Local Time:
    5:09 PM
    Trying to figure out if the industry has base ring sizes all wrong, or I'm some kind of freak of nature. I've been trying to get my base ring size figured out for over a year, and have tried five different devices. The only A ring that has come close to fitting is the 2.25" X Large ring for the CB 3000. Even then I start feeling sick to my stomach after a few hours. Does this mean it's too tight? Should I try to tough it out? Putting a 2" device on makes my balls and frank turn blue in a matter of minutes. As far as I have found, they are the only company that does a 2.25", there are no silicone options available though I would like one. I'm a pretty average sized dude in most respects, 6" dick length, etc. Why aren't other companies making devices with larger A rings?

2. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    7:09 PM
    Bon4 makes a 2.28” ring. You have to buy it separately as I don’t believe they sell it in a cage package.

3. Maybe Reluctantly

Local Time:
    5:09 PM
    That one is only for their stainless steel model. I asked them directly, they don't make anything larger than 2" for their silicone model.

This doesn't make any sense. keptforher.com said the Xlarge rings for the CBX000 line is their top seller. Why aren't people making silicone rings for these guys, it's a huge market. Are dick circumferences in Europe smaller than in America or something?

4. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    Are dick circumferences in Europe smaller than in America or something?

I never got it either. Everyone is different. I personally feel more comfortable with a bigger base ring. The cage I wear currently is 52.5mm (was sold as a 50mm but looks like quality control was off that day).

5. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    Don't think it is a Europe vs America thing. Even Europe has guys who need 2.4" or 2.5" base rings and whose diameter won't fit most cages.

What I don't understand is why it is only the higher-priced custom devices that offer things like plus-sized base rings. Most cheaper devices are so modular I'm surprised we don't se a wider variety of sizes.

6. chastesoon

chastesoon Senior Member

Retired
    Local Time:
    6:09 PM
    Have you looked into Custom Chastity? Custom Chastity.com

7. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    That site only proves my point. How many newbies will invest $200+ into a toy they're not sure is their thing and which has a very good chance of not fitting properly? Especially when they can find dozens of posts from men who got the size of their first device wrong?

Like I wrote earlier, I do know many custom devices offer larger sizes. What surprises me is how next to no cheap devices offer a wide enough selection of base ring sizes, or of their equivalent.

8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    Coooo. you must be huge.

9. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I think what you're seeing is an industry, that like many others, is just responding to the majority marketplace. The same is true of clothing, if you have very short or very long legs you're choices in off-the-rack pants is more limited. Just like with clothing, you might have to go custom although I can understand your hesitancy to so.

I have seen at least one seller on DH Gate or Ali Express that offered custom size base rings. Given the imprecise nature of the Chinese rings, I would want to order a custom ring with a matching tube. Another option is the Cherry Keeper designed by our own @JosieLynn Jewell. She would be more than happy to make you a ring in any size you need. I think her devices are well made, comfortable, and a great value.

If you're willing to get a piercing, you can wear a device that completely eliminates the need for a base ring.

Unlucky likes this.
  10. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    I think what you are seeing is manufacturers making sizes that fit 90% of the population. Because the plastic devices are mostly all injection molded, and molds cost money, they can't offer every different size possible, because at the end of the day it's not profitable. On the metal front, it's not injection molds, but (likely) forms for bending and joining the rings, but it still comes down to the fact that it's not profitable to make sizes that only fit <10% of the population.

3D printing isn't a perfect technology, but it bypasses large startup costs and allows low volume manufacturing at the tradeoff of having higher per-item costs. Because of that, I can offer rings for my cages available in ~2mm increments, and some in-between those, and custom one-offs to fit those outliers who can't find an off-the shelf cage. I did a ring for someone who legitimately needed a 70mm base ring - it was impressive to see for sure, and was happy to make his KH happy :)

Unlucky likes this.
  11. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    Go to male-Essentials.com to buy some cheap cockrings to test your fit, and perhaps train yourself to be comfy in a 2” ring.

I started at 2” and when I played with cock rings I felt 1-7/8” was my tightest. I’m currently in a 1-3/4” base ring made by MaleChastityNow that was ovalized to 1-5/8 by 1-7/8. I can’t go smaller long term.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice