What are the long term mental affects from wearing a chastity device?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by locked_cuckold, Apr 5, 2019.

Random Thread
  1. locked_cuckold

locked_cuckold Active member

United States. Sheridan, WY
    Local Time:
    12:24 AM
    I've done SOME research on this but I'd rather hear from those that have been locked up a while....what are the long term mental affects from wearing a chastity device?

I'm talking half a year or more.

Any input is welcome. Thank you.

Golgi48, Guest 4328 and Guest 0388 like this.
  2. Guest 0388

Guest 0388 Active member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    For me, the big three have been:
    #1. Increased selflessness. More attentiveness to her emotional and sexual needs and a greater eagerness to satisfy them at almost any cost.
    #2. Acceptance. For example, the feeling that something is missing when I am unlocked. Over time I noticed the device less as it became my default way of being and became more comfortable, and now I only notice it when it's *not* on (e.g. during a shower). It's like when you wear a hat all day, take it off, and at times still feel as if you're wearing a hat. I've long accepted that this is my new normal. Additionally, my perspective on orgasms changed. I have accepted that they were not mine all along, that they in fact must belong to her, and that I do not need them to be satisfied or useful. Or as she would say, "Your cum always belongs in your balls."
    #3. Radical changes in my sexual cravings. When I see my KH now, I do not think about sticking my dick in her. I fantasize instead about licking her, using toys on her, loving her with a strapon, or taking her strapon (if I'm lucky). I have fewer lustful thoughts about women other than my KH, which is an incredible peace of mind to have. My whole notion of what sex *ought* to be has changed for the better. Sex is no longer a phallus-centric sprint to my finish line, but a marathon of exploring and loving her body in keeping with #1.

MyDB, Raphaq, Golgi48 and 14 others like this.
  3. Guest 4328

Guest 4328 Long term member

Local Time:
    2:24 AM
    Great topic, locked_. Interested to see the different thoughts.

Modus made a statement in a conversation to me about how we are all coming from different places, different roads and reasons, but we are all trying to get to the same place.

I am presently at day 460. I am not involved in any intimate activity. Its not that I don't want to, its just not there. So I have no fulfillment at all. It was a challenge mentally to accept this situation. That is when I searched and found out about chastity devices.

It took a short time, but not only did my mental frame of mind begin to be accepting of the situation, I actually found wearing a locked chastity device to be a desirable feeling.

In terms of where I am mentally from a year ago, I started with the thought that it would just be something to block my ability to do anything, to help maintain control. However, I now am so attached to my cage (pun intended) that I

Consensus and LockedN8 like this.
  4. Guest 4328

Guest 4328 Long term member

Local Time:
    The rest of the story:

find that I cannot live without it. I decided after the initial year of locking, that I just couldn't go back. If my circumstances were to change, I do not think I could go back to "normal". Locked in chastity is the normal.

It really has changed me, I think, for the better. I have no desire to be unlocked, ever. It feels so safe to be locked. I would go crazy if I was out. The feelings have become so constant, so intensely enjoyable, I don't think anything can touch it.

You have to want it, though. I wanted this, and I wanted it bad. I just didn't know it would actually happen, but it did. Now, I got what I wanted, I am in a constant state of satisfaction from being locked, even though I am self locked. I don't have a KH, or any of the stuff that the keyholders do with you, I am just living la vida locka. Lol.

Peace love and lock.

5. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Long term effects? None. You wear it, you take it off, you put it back on again, etc. Many people like to fantasize it has some effect, both mental and physical, but it doesn't really. You bring a state of mind to the device, not the other way round.

6. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Research? There have been studies on this?

I'm going to be "that guy" again. Chastity is a relatively new kink; unlike bondage or impact play (for which you can find pretty substantial subcultures and actual research), chastity and orgasm denial writings are most self-reported stories in forums such as this.

Worse, much of what you read is based on personal belief and opinion, and usually colored by the associated kinks of the person (almost always a man) doing the writing.

A few years ago, if your "research" was on this particular forum, you'd think that long term chastity was associated with cuckolding, feminization, and low self-esteem, and the effects (BTW, 'effect' is a noun, while 'affect' is a verb) would be to further drive a submissive man into obedient submission.

If your "research" brought you to other forums, you'd imagine chastity and long term denial to be intense edge play, or mostly a BDSM practice, or even a fun past time for otherwise vanilla couples.

Please note that I'm not picking on you. Again, chastity play, until recently, was the domain of people who could afford expensive belts. It's only been in the last 15 or so years that it's been available for average people, and only the last 5 years to any kinkster with $25 and access to cheap Chinese devices. Most of what passes for advice out there is wank fodder.

7. Locked in love

Locked in love Long term member

Local Time:
    I think I just found the name for my next rock band!

8. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    BTW, to actually answer your question, I'm with @Billus : I'm regularly locked and denied for long periods of time. It has not made me calmer, or more submissive, or less horny, or less interested in seeing attractive women.

It has, however, made me learn to derive my own sexual satisfaction from bringing satisfaction to Mrs Edge. Sure, I had that to some degree in the past, but now I feel *actually* satisfied (and no longer frustrated) after I know that I've filled her desires.

Golgi48, Lazlo Toth, Ormaz and 2 others like this.
  9. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    I went a year without any sort of orgasm. I forgot what it felt like. It became like a fantasy, not reality.

Golgi48, Nebiyam, JaySaysYes and 2 others like this.
  10. locked_cuckold

locked_cuckold Active member

United States. Sheridan, WY
    Local Time:
    Any bouts with depression? Anxiety?

I know this is a 'your mileage may vary' situation but still, I'd like to hear what others in long term chastity have experienced.

Golgi48 likes this.
  11. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I doubt there are irreversible changes but when I have gone through long periods of chastity it has changed me. I become much less driven. I look at women (and everything) differently. I think I am a better person in chastity than I am out of it.

Golgi48 likes this.
  12. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    There is always some frustration early on in a locked period, but not depression. But also, I am not a depressive person.

Same for anxiety. I do sometimes think early on "why am I locked again?", but that passes with time.

Golgi48 likes this.
  13. Ormaz

Ormaz Long term member

New York
    Local Time:
    'To effect' (cause (something) to happen; bring about) is also a verb, while 'affect' (emotion or desire, especially as influencing behavior or action) is also a noun. :+1:

Lazlo Toth and cshorts like this.
  14. salonslave

salonslave I play for a living and work for fun.

SW Louisiana, USA
    Local Time:
    In these ME TOO times I think that there might really be more people embracing this lifestyle; particularly since CBS are so inexpensive

15. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Wise guy. ;)

I was referring to the context of the title of course:

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  16. Ormaz

Ormaz Long term member

New York
    Local Time:
    :+1:

17. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    Your both write. :)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  18. R2002

R2002 Long term member

Attorney
    USA
    Local Time:
    Simple for me: I am much happier

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  19. OscartheTurtle

OscartheTurtle Long term member

People Manager
    Central Ohio
    Local Time:
    Not necessarily long term in the way the OP intended but if I go a while unlocked I find it difficult to get over the hurdle of ‘I gotta sit to pee, I don’t wanna sit to pee’ feelings when going to lock back up.

Lazlo Toth and Desire Oh like this.
  20. bitchyinchastity

BC
    Local Time:
    After being locked for 6 months I can say that I didn’t really notice anything other than wanting to be with my wife. The night before my release , We agreed that I would be spending an additional 3 months locked up for 3 “cheats” while I was locked. Add in locktober and that’s 4 more months. Not a week in and this sissy managed to get another month added on for “cheating”. The mental effect of being locked for punishment is a whole different thing. I feel horrible!! I feel sorry for myself and most of all I feel like I really let Us down. I really hope 5 more months will teach me to be a better sissy for Her. Like she says “ you did this to yourself, rules are rules, and it is what it is!”

21. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    lol!!!

22. JKL

JKL Active member

Rome, Italy
    Local Time:
    For me, it makes me more subservient and reestablishes the FLR that we both crave. She can only cum using PIV though. I’m not allowed to orgasm afterwards and I have almost cried when the cage comes back on.

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  23. SubSnuggler

SubSnuggler Owned by Mistress2and4you

USA
    Local Time:
    Obviously some disagreement on mental effects.

I'm in the 'it makes a difference' camp and honestly I don't understand those that don't see an impact. I believe them. But for me, I totally DO see a mental effect.

In my case, there is a reason. Years ago, I suffered from anxiety so severely I ultimately had a complete breakdown. Having my Wife take control and lead me took me from the brink to where I am now. Chastity is one of the tools she used to enforce that control. If things were different, I might not like enforced permanent chastity. But I've found my faults and the limits of myself, and I know that it's part of the toolkit that my Wife uses to keep me mentally healthy and fit.

So my Wife locked my dick up. It's on there 24/7. It reminds me 24/7 that I'm owned by her, controlled by her, and dominated by her. For me, this is a positive and helps me a great deal. I have a safety net (HER) and all I have to do is keep her happy and I will be safe. It's easy to please her. I'm safe.

So for some of us, chastity devices definitely have an effect mentally.

24. Ron33

Ron33 Long term member

Retired
    Arkansas
    Local Time:
    It taught me I don't HAVE to masturbate. Masturbation is mosly a habit, not a sexual need.

25. IB-Chaste

IB-Chaste Chastity Superman.

Local Time:
    I’m a little confused by this thread. Not sure if everyone is actually singing from the same hymn sheet.
    When it says “long term mental affects” does this mean.
    Long term affects while caged?
    Or
    Lasting affects once the cage is removed?

Im no way near 6 months, but after 3 months of wearing my cage for as close to 24/7 you can be whilst still indulging in playtime; I’d say that the feeling/affect is very much the same as when I first entered.
    If anything my relationship has evolved around our chastity lifestyle. Her becoming more naturally dominant and comfortable with a lead role. Me accepting this and no longer pushing in any sense….
    If the affects were to wear off than it couldn’t have caused this.

Lazlo Toth and Danny15 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice