What's the best way to modify a chastity cage?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by guthaxor, Mar 17, 2019.

1. guthaxor

guthaxor Member

Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    I have a holy trainer knock-off and I want to put more vents in it for hygeine. What's the best way to do that if I don't have power tools?

2. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:
    12:33 PM
    I honestly cant think of a cleaner way to do it without a power drill.

3. luckyhubby83

luckyhubby83 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:33 AM
    get a stainless steel one and use sand paper?
    will take forever but will truly be custom
    power tools are super cheap these days, why not use power tools?

4. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    5:33 PM
    Is it made of metal or plastic you didn't say?

If its a cheap plastic one. maybe burn the holes you want with hot metal or a soldering iron.
    If its metal i would not bother trying without power tools.

5. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    That depends What's the best way to fix a car without tools?

You need tools. Find a friend with tools you can borrow. Even with tools it's possible to ruin the cage.

6. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    a hobby knife and patience can whittle away ABS plastic pretty quickly. use sandpaper or nail files (or real files) afterward to smooth things out.

7. GT-CB6000

GT-CB6000 Long term member

Local Time:
    I used a cordless drill to put some extra holes in mine.
    The enclosed cage still presents a hygiene issue. I have to remove every 2 or 3 days for cleaning.

8. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Baths ..showers are a very satisfactory way to keep an enclosed cage clean. Always worked on my Fort which was metal,,, but not for so long if the cage is plastic ..yes the material makes a diference and anyone that thinks differently is entitled to their own opinion but i'm not prepared to debate the issue

9. guthaxor

guthaxor Member

Local Time:
    Should have mentioned, it's plastic.

I might be able to use power tools, but I have to be quiet about it because I don't live alone and I don't want people to know my fetish, but it's hard to find a day when nobody is here.

10. guthaxor

guthaxor Member

Local Time:
    Does that work with plastic?

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Use a hand drill, silent and much easier to control, with a power drill you can warm the plastic so much it'll deform around the hole.
    Use a drill for wood rather than one for metal, you should get a much cleaner cut, and wood drills are easier to start the hole without it skipping and ruining the surface.

To be honest I wouldn't bother. I've had both plastic and metal devices, and you just can't get around the fact that plastic holds moisture next to your skin and you will get smelly. Steel devices don't have this problem because firstly steel is stronger, so it doesn't enclose so much, and it also has a much higher thermal conductivity. It absorbs the warmth from your body and that helps evaporate the moisture away from between skin and steel. There little heat conduction with plastic so the damp from your sweat glands will just sit there, and get smelly.

A few more problems you might find with drilling holes...
    you'll weaken the plastic, they use the amount of plastic they do for a reason. Drilling holes will make it less rigid and so more liable to twist and split, holes can also introduce micro fractures, and one day it may shatter on you and that could be painful. Another "gotcha" is that if you swell inside the device and it has little holes, your skin can be forced into those holes, and the distortion and stretching can be painful.

From someone who's had multiple devices, plastic and steel, if your skin is smelly in plastic, then a few holes will make no difference, invest in a steel one.
    The steel clone devices from the far east are cheap enough, watch out for chrome plate instead of stainless steel, and some might have high nickel which some people are sensitive to, but these days most are reasonable quality for on and off play.
    If you're a serious player then there's absolutely no substitute for a custom made steel device.

12. guthaxor

guthaxor Member

Local Time:
    I just don’t like how heavy metal devices are compared to plastic. Are there any lightweight metal ones?

13. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Well, the thinner the gauge of the wire used to build the cage and the shorter it is the less it will weigh, some devices have quite a lot of steel in them, others not so. Smaller shorter ones are more comfortable and effective for many reasons. On the other hand, I find the plastic devices are a little more bulky get tugged around more in your trousers, but I suppose it really depends on the exact models you have of either type. (and your clothes, and your junk, we're all so individual!)

If weight is a real concern then underwear that cradles the device rather than letting it hang free would make it more comfortable, but as with anything new, you only really notice the difference until you get used to it. I've had a few devices of both types, I wouldn't say that the weight is what I notice as the biggest difference between them, it's like the difference between wearing trainers and boots; when you're doing your normal stuff you don't think about it and it makes no difference at all.

Another way to look at it may be to consider the weight as part of your submission to chastity.
    It will be a constant reminder of your condition. Don't top from the bottom!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice