Scrotum irritation, but not from ring?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by JD357, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    As I write this, I've been wearing a Chinese A358 cage (copy of Evotion's Cage 8) for a little over five days straight. I've been using mineral oil to lubricate the ring. I had read to use baby oil, but when looking it up online, sources said that baby oil was just mineral oil, and I already had some, so I've been using that.

It's hard to just put it in one specific area as it ends up all over my fingers and then the rest of my scrotum. I use some toilet paper to wipe off the excess and the areas that don't need it, but it still tends to end up all over. Plus I'm sure my underwear spreads it around some.

Anyway, I've been getting that burning sensation that I had always attributed to the ring chafing, and there's definitely some of that going on, but I've also come to realize that a fairly large portion of my scrotum on the underside is irritated and burning/itchy, even though it's not in contact with the ring. I've tried putting some moisturizer on it and that helps for a while, but eventually it starts to bother again.

Is this a consequence of repeatedly putting oil on my scrotum for several days in a row and having it get on most of the skin, or is something else going on here?

The ring itself is snug, but not painfully tight, I can slip a finger between the ring and my scrotum in the center, but it's fairly tight and I can't do that off to the sides where the testicles are. There's no testicle pain at all, it's just the skin that feels raw. Color and warmth are fine as is the feeling, other than the irritation.

Using the next largest ring caused even more problems as the larger size allowed the skin to slip through it more easily and it always felt like it wasn't positioned right.

2. JD357

JD357 Member

Local Time:
    I think I may have solved my own mystery.

I prefer the ring to sit as close to my body as possible, so while I'm home, I periodically adjust it by holding the device and pulling on the skin of my scrotum to slide it up a little tighter. I think the pulling is probably what irritated the other skin as it's right in the area that I was gripping.

Some people are probably thinking "Duh!", but I honestly didn't think I was being that rough with it. :oops:

3. Evotion

Evotion Member

Designer
    New York
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is a subtle but important difference between the Chinese A358 and a real Evotion device, the back edge of the base ring curves downward/outward a bit. This helps it follow the shape of the underside of the scrotum and distribute the force across the inside of the ring, rather than just the back edge of it.

4. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    1:32 AM
    I had the same problem at first. I kept pulling the skin taut so the ring would sit close to my body, and it was several weeks before I realized I was stretching my skin behind the ring significantly. Once I let things start hanging more naturally it got a lot more comfortable.

As for the messy baby oil, you could try something that’s less liquid at room temperature and it would probably be easier to apply without getting it all over. Coconut oil, Vaseline, or my personal favorite, Bag Balm, are all good alternatives.

5. K1nky6uy

K1nky6uy Active member

Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    In my experience it takes a few days for the scrotum skin to ‘toughen up’ and in the first week or so you may get some redness, especially from morning wood as the cage is pushed away from the body and the skin is stretched.

I find that something like sudocrem cream is a good solution for soothing and reducing this redness, without the slippyness of oil.

The oil sounds like it’s coating the whole base ring making it slip down and causing you to constantly pull the skin down, casing more irritation.

6. puwibo

puwibo Member

Zen teacher
    The Netherlands - Gelderland - Overbetuwe
    Local Time:
    9:32 AM
    Not having access to the key this moment (it's on its way from Mistress in the UK to my place in The Netherlands) i too have a very irritated scrotum, to say the least.
    Remembering on old instruction video for young Women to inspect Their Vulva/Vagina on how to squat over a mirrior on the ground, i got me a 10 by 10 inch mirror and tried the same. Squating over it (yuck, how ugly we males are 'down there' in comparison with our worshippable Females) i managed to get a better view of the swollen and painful area. Oops, it looks like some tear in the pimply scrotum skin, a hole through which pinkish tissue is visible. It is not bleeding (although i noticed some blood on my sanitary napkin), but not looking very healthy too. i managed to put some vaseline on it, but that's all for now.

Anyone advice?

Hope to hear from Y/you.

Sincerely,

puwibo ton

7. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    How long until you receive the key?

8. puwibo

puwibo Member

Zen teacher
    Local Time:
    Last Friday ;-)

9. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    :):key::+1:

Hope it heals quickly!

puwibo likes this.
  10. puwibo

puwibo Member

Zen teacher
    Local Time:
    Me too, i just purchased a Holy Trainer V3 and love to get on for a prolonged time ;-)
    W/we tried it, but it irritates the existing wound just too much.

11. boisub

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    Yes, you definitely need to let things heal fully before you go any further.

As exciting as it is, it’s probably not a good idea for you not to have an emergency key available at least until you get some of these irritation issues ironed out. Something that can heal in a day if dealt with quickly can end up keeping you out of the cage for an extended period (or even cause lasting damage) if you can’t take it off. There are plenty of ways to have a key available that you won’t be able to use without your KH knowing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice