Chastity For Improved Health and Longevity?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by jasonpatalonis, Nov 17, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. jasonpatalonis

jasonpatalonis Long term member

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    1:03 PM
    I have read a lot about various Eastern philosophies such as Taoism and Tantra. Both share a similar opinion that the long-term retention of semen is beneficial for the overall health of the male.

Do any of your lock up (yourself or your spouse) with the intention of restricting ejaculation for the sake of the male's health?

Should we as a society seek to limit ejaculations for this reason? Could we relieve some pressure on our health care systems and caregivers if we men ejaculated less?

And to carry that further, is it not then our DUTY to limit ejaculation?

2. Susanstoy91

Susanstoy91 Long term member

Retired
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Local Time:
    4:03 PM
    My Wife(KH) is doing her part of limiting my ejaculations...Just sayin'...:)

Spike6411 and Robinoh like this.
  3. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    There seems to be some medical evidence that suggests that regular ejaculation is beneficial to prostate health.

bentspoke and LockedPom like this.
  4. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    2:03 PM
    I’ve also read that it’s healthier for a male to ejaculate frequently. One thing is for sure their are different opinions on the subject. I think I can safely say that my Lovely Wife believes in the same Eastern Philosophy. I’m definitely retaining my semen. But at least I know “I’m Not Alone “

Robinoh likes this.
  5. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    6:03 AM
    Given that the current medical evidence is leaving towards ejaculation being beneficial in reducing prostate cancer than the answer to the original post is no.

6. jasonpatalonis

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    Fascinating. I believe we are seeing cases of "confirmation bias". It feels good to cum....therefore, it must be healthy to cum!

I think that is dangerous logic.

I don't know the answers either, but we do know the myth of "as long as you are milked once a month you will be ok".

And why is it only the prostate you are worried about? There are SEVERAL glands responsible for semen. How come we don't ever talk about preventing Cowpers Gland cancer? No one has ever said, "Gee, I better empty those seminal vessicles or they will catch cancer!"

Now I think I need to go milk my pancreas......and gall bladder......at least once a month.

Ma’am M likes this.
  7. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    As I said there seems to be some medical evidence that suggests that more frequent ejaculations reduces the risk of cancer. From WebMD:

Over the years, there’s been growing evidence of a link between ejaculation and lower chances of prostate cancer. But the 2016 results of a major study made the strongest case yet. The researchers asked men to answer questions about how often they ejaculated. How didn’t matter -- sex, masturbation, or wet dreams were all included. Then they tracked almost 32,000 of these men for 18 years.

The researchers found that guys who did it the most (at least 21 times a month) had about a 20% lower chance of prostate cancer, compared with those who did it less (4 to 7 times a month). That was true in several age groups.

The exact number of times didn’t matter. Basically, the more men ejaculated in a month, the less likely they were to get prostate cancer.

Unfortunately other studies did not have the same results and the Mayo Clinic says this:

At this time, there is no conclusive evidence that frequent ejaculation reduces the risk of prostate cancer.

Some studies have suggested that men with a higher frequency of ejaculations may have a slightly lower risk of prostate cancer. However, this difference appears to be very small. Other studies haven't supported this conclusion.

So at least at this time more frequent ejaculation may do nothing to to reduce the risk of prostate cancer or may have a slightly positive effect. The obvious conclusion is that since ejaculation feels good and generally doesn't have any other ill health effects, non-chaste men should ejaculate as frequently as possible. Chaste men should probably stay chaste.

8. TommyB

TommyB Member

Local Time:
    I'm not saying that there isn't any adverse affects, but wouldn't this site be littered with post from people who are in bad health because of chastity if it was really that bad? I don't think that I've seen any post like that in the year that I've been visiting this site.

jasonpatalonis likes this.
  9. Ma’am M

Ma’am M Wife/KH of Ma’ams Slut, and the F in our FLR
    Verified Female

Healthcare professional
    Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    How about “CUMfirmation bias”? ;)

(And I wouldn’t worry about cancers originating from the Cowper’s glands or seminal vesicles, as they are exceedingly rare.)

Rectrix likes this.
  10. Ma’am M

Verified Female

Healthcare professional
    Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I had wondered about this topic, and there is a thread I started somewhere pertaining to the study on prostate cancer and ejaculation. Long story short, there’s not enough reason to stop refraining from ejaculations (and that is my medical opinion, and I’ve diagnosed hundreds of prostate cancers).

11. jasonpatalonis

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    CUMfirmation bias......brilliant!

I admit I find the notion of there being just ONE gland in the entire human body that we must take deliberate action to "empty" for the sake of cancer prevention stretches credulity. (and apologies to Mr. Cowper for misreading someone's article on the health of the gland named after him.)

As for my answers to my original question: I believe enthusiastically that reductions in ejaculation activity will lead to better health and longevity. I fully intend to use chastity as a means to help reduce mine as much as possible.

But what about the societal impacts? Let's suppose that the premise of "less is more" regarding ejaculation is correct. What implications does or should that have on our group behaviors?

12. jasonpatalonis

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    I fully agree. Not only don't I see members here stricken with prostate cancer, I haven't even heard of one passing away from ANY cause. Perhaps we are a long-living bunch precisely because of our chosen kink.

13. LockedPom

Australia
    Local Time:
    Most cancers occur 20-30 years after the damage was done.

14. jasonpatalonis

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    Are you saying that this group is about to get prostate cancer disproportionately in 20 to 30 years? Wow...bold statement. Based on something that you know?

15. LockedPom

Australia
    Local Time:
    Quite possibly. However the current research looked at the ejaculation frequency of younger men, and the average age on this forum is probably higher so results may be different depending on your age. The point about most cancers being delayed after the time of damage is common medical knowledge. For example most cancers caused by radiation (except for Leukemia) have quite a long period of development.

16. Ma’am M

Verified Female

Healthcare professional
    Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    There is absolutely no reason to think that having men ejaculate less frequently will somehow free up the burden on the health care system. I’m not even sure what diseases you would be alluding to.

17. bhechastity

bhechastity Member

Diesel Mechanic
    USA Maryland
    Local Time:
    Interesting article! I too, sometimes had worries that long-term chastity lockings could result in harm to the male genital area. I've always heard that built up ejaculate could cause certain cancers, perhaps these are just false myths. Being a nurse, what would be your take on this Ma'am?

18. Ma’am M

Verified Female

Healthcare professional
    Pennsylvania
    Local Time:
    I’m not sure as nurse ;) but as a doctor, I’m aware that one theory is that the toxins in ejaculate could be a factor in prostate cancer. But this is essentially impossible to prove, but it is not a bad thought. Personally, I’m not worried so much about chastity causing significant harm. Nor have I been convinced of any health benefits (but there are great mental/emotional benefits). As others around here have stated, leading a healthy life in other aspects is a good aim.

Rectrix likes this.
  19. Unlucky

Unlucky Long term member

Local Time:
    STDs?

20. bhechastity

bhechastity Member

Diesel Mechanic
    USA Maryland
    Local Time:
    All very good input, Ma'am. Also, my apologies for getting your profession wrong. You definitely know your stuff-being a doctor and all. As you also mentioned, male chastity does have many positive aspects likewise, so I'm sure the benefits far outweigh the risks.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  21. Kroskris

Kroskris Member

Local Time:
    I had a physical a few days ago, and told my Doctor that I haven't had an ejaculation in about 2 months and planned on going long periods without. He didn't think there was any health concerns. Especially when I told him much better I feel.

22. jasonpatalonis

Los Angeles
    Local Time:
    This is good to know. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for having the guts to tell your doctor.

23. GeorgeCS

GeorgeCS Member

Local Time:
    5:03 PM
    Even with religious conservatives pouring loads of money trying to create magical benefits for abstinence, there is no evidence whatsoever to say lack of ejaculation is better than ejaculating frequently.

What we do know are the objective benefits of sexual release: pleasure, relaxation, reduced stress, and bonding if done with someone you love.
    To me it’s a hot fetish to do orgasm denial as a kink scene, but it would be a complete dealbreaker if my partner actually wanted to restrict my orgasms for real. I could never be in a devoted relationship with someone who did not want to provide me with these benefits, especially when I want to give her as many orgasms as I can. Basic reciprocity and desire to pleasure the person you love.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  24. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    2:03 PM
    I hereby pledge that after I kick it I’ll post a status update here to say goodbye and let you all know what did me in.

Ma’ams Slut likes this.
  25. Elliot

Elliot New member

USA, Washington
    Local Time:
    That is true, but it is not the only way to promote prostate health, nor is it the best way. It is far more beneficial for the prostate to have regular massages.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice