The Captive PA from Abstained Ltd

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Tall Chaste Guy, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Tall Chaste Guy

Tall Chaste Guy Active member

London
    Local Time:
    10:39 PM
    Introduction

My wife and I have been married for a bit over 10 years and we have been dabbling in chastity for the last two or three years. We are outwardly a very normal middle-class couple who happen to be very passionate about the positive effects that chastity can have on a marriage. It is in the last year or so that we have decided to take it more seriously, leading to my getting a PA piercing so that I could be locked up without any chance of pulling out of my cage.
    We have followed what I think is a very common journey with chastity cages, starting with some off-the-shelf cages (CB-X Curve, HolyTrainer v3 Maxi) and some random Chinese cages from eBay before going custom (Steelworxx Looker02 and a Rigid Chastity PA fixing cage). There are plenty of options for custom cages but so far very few manufacturers in the UK. So I was excited to hear about a new company in the UK making custom 3D-printed cages, Abstained Ltd. This is my review of their Captive PA device after about a week’s use.
    Disclaimer: I was provided with a sample cage for this review but haven’t received any other compensation for writing this review.

First Impressions

Measuring for the device is very simple and Abstained Ltd provide easy instructions to follow. I made sure to take measurements when I was fully flaccid.
    The device arrived in plain packaging. The contents came attractively wrapped in red tissue paper and included:
    • One easy-clip PA ring in 4mm (6ga) gauge, 22mm inside diameter.
    • One sterile cleansing wipe
    • A clever 3D printed ‘key’ for unscrewing the cage security bolts
    • A spare bolt
    • The cage itself
    I am nervous about nickel allergies so I used my own 4mm titanium CBR which fit perfectly. I plan to stretch my PA to 5mm and found that the 5mm ring I have will also fit with no problems.
    Putting the cage on was very simple. I put my penis into one of the cage halves and seated the PA ring and captive bead. Putting the other half on is a bit more fiddly as it takes a bit of care not to trap skin between the cage halves but only takes a minute or two. I did need to be fully flaccid in order to get the device on as it was fitted so well to my flaccid measurements.
    One the halves are together securing the cage involves tightening the three security bolts with the ‘key’. And that is it - the cage is light, discreet, comfortable and impossible to remove without the key.

Use throughout the day

The captive PA is the most comfortable device I have ever worn. It is so light and comfortable that it is easy to forget that it is on. I used it while wearing jeans, work trousers and casual trousers and it didn’t cause any noticeable bulge.
    Going to the toilet is less convenient, but no worse than other cages I have used before. I didn’t use a urinal with it on - I think this could be possible but I prefer not to use urinals while I am locked up in any cage. I think there are a few tweaks that could be made to the cage design that might make this easier - see the end of my review for suggested changes.
    I found that urine does remain in between the two cage halves which needs rinsing out at least by the end of the day.
    Would it be possible to achieve orgasm with the cage on? Maybe, but it would not be particularly easy or comfortable. It certainly wouldn’t be any easier than with any of the other cages I’ve had.

Overnight

I wore the cage for three full nights while I had it. I was woken up a couple of times with night-time erections which I think caused a bit of pinching between the ring and the cage. The other two nights were fine. I think the chance of pinching with an erection will go away when I stretch up to a 5mm PA ring as there will be less space between the ring and the cage.

Hygiene

Hygiene is mostly ok but not perfect. Urine does collect inside the device itself and stays between the two halves. Cleaning is very easy as water passes between the halves and through the device, but it would be better not to have the urine in there in the first place. There are a few minor tweaks which I think could prevent this problem entirely:

Potential Improvements
    1. The security key design is a great idea, but the holes for a lock to go through are too close - it is unfortunately very easy to pull the lock pieces apart when secured with a plastic tab. These should be moved further apart.
    2. To prevent urine from pooling in the device, I think the end urethra hole should be made bigger. I think it would be interesting to see how the device could work if the section around the PA ring was removed entirely, leaving just the centre part where the bolt goes. This would still have the same level of security but would make urination simpler.
    Summary

I was really impressed with the Captive PA device from Abstained, especially at this early testing stage. I’m looking forward to seeing how the design develops - and the potential for a CNC-machined aluminium device sounds very exciting! For all the photos I have uploaded you can visit the gallery here.

2. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your comprehensive review.
    I have made the changes you and a couple of others have recommended

1. CBR urine hole. I could not take to much more out without allowing access to the ball on the CBR to avoid getting tools in to pop the ball out.

2. I have also increased the main urine hole. This plus the CBR urine hole should allow urine to dry out.

3. I have increased the movement of the CBR ring to allow it to align better to your piercing.

4. Increased the gap between the fixing holes on the key. That was a big miss as I didn’t have any security tags to test the gap.

5. Smoothed out the overall shape slightly to stiffen the device further and allow quicker hand finishing.

Keep the improvements ideas coming

ISO.png Exploded.png Right.png Left.png Front.png Bottom.png

Guest 8306 likes this.
  3. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    6:39 PM
    Thanks for the comprehensive review and I'm really glad you chose to post pictures. The device is a lot smaller than it appeared in the original renders. Please keep us updated as your wear the device more.

4. Guest 8306

Verified Female

Local Time:
    @Tall Chaste Guy thank you very much for your review.
    My sub and I have decided on this particular device and he made some suggestions in regards to certain areas which have been addressed & taken on board by @dayxwalker
    I’m very excited for the amended device to be delivered and to have him locked up for good ;)
    @LatexMiss will be posting a review once locked and having experienced the device.

5. Jobicek

Jobicek Junior Member

Local Time:
    11:39 PM
    My biggest issue with 3D printed devices is the material. Most 3D printed materials are neither bio-compatible nor food safe (not that one would eat food from one's device but it indicates you might not want it touching your skin, especially mucous membranes for prolonged periods of time; it typically wasn't formulated for that). Such materials are available. However, whenever I see no mention of the subject, I'm suspicious. The same goes for the cheap Chinese crap (metal or otherwise), if you excuse the expression.

As for the "key" container, it would be better to have overlapping openings. Better one that goes between two on the other side instead of just two. But even two would work just fine if they're touching and the two parts can't be rotated to increase the space between them (this way, you can't open it without sheering the seal/ shackle). This design is not reliant on the width of the shackle, just the thickness which doesn't vary as much.

I don't know, but those screws look to me like off the shelf, one of the many security types. I'm pretty sure I have the appropriate tools in my toolbox (as anyone who messes with electronics invariably ends up with all sorts of security bits and drivers). I'm pretty sure I have bits for screws that nobody even manufactures. :D

6. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Jobicek
    I am always greatfull for constructive feedback and I’m happy to take onboard comments which look to help us improve our products and service. However, I will say that the comments you have made here are aimed only at berating and belittling the innovation of our product, for what reason? I’m not sure?

It is my understanding that people on this forum are always happy to see a new company with fresh ideas and innovative products to satisfy the needs of the customer.

I appreciate my product is not to your ‘standards’ or taste, and I’m ok with that. But I would prefer that you therefore keep comments to yourself that are neither helpful or constructive.

Many thanks, Abstained

corsac and Guest 8306 like this.
  7. Jobicek

Jobicek Junior Member

Local Time:
    I don't mean to berate nor belittle your product. I just stated my opinion on 3D printing something that sits in constant contact with skin. You're not the first to do so. I actually made the effort to look at your website for information on the used material and method of manufacture. As I said, when people are silent on this topic, it makes me suspicious (people usually like to boast when something is "medical grade" or whatever). You could be using the right material. I don't know and it looks like you won't tell me. I just think it's something people should be aware of. It's up to them whether they'll risk it (and I know there are plenty of people who would) or perhaps create a demand for a product from a bio-compatible material which you can then fulfill. After all, it's 3D printing (or so I read). It's not like having to invest 50+k in molds up front.

The second paragraph was, I hope, constructive. That's how I would do it. And the last one, well, take it as a lighthearted teasing from a bondage enthusiast. I'm well aware of the practical reality of chastity security. However, I really do find it funny. That escaping a device is as difficult as driving into the local hardware or electronics store or ordering a bit online (or, in my case, just opening up a drawer). I chuckle as I write this. But what do I know, perhaps they're not the common variety. I would take a screw over a rattling luggage padlock any day of the week. Mind you, a stainless or titanium screw. One just has to live with this weakness unless one goes the custom route (or at least for high end security fasteners, something like Bryce Penta-Plus for example).

Personally, I would suggest having a provision for a seal on the device. Integrating it neatly is sometimes an interesting challenge. I like seals even with locks as they're trivial to pick. And it's always fun to place a lock so that picking is exciting (read frustrating as hell; even though the lock itself is quite primitive). Than again, I have been into bondage for about 20 years. A lot of time for thinking, planning and trying.

8. Jobicek

Jobicek Junior Member

Local Time:
    By the way, the constructive element of that first paragraph was that perhaps you might want to tell people what it's made of (and I do hope I just haven't overlooked it; that would be embarrassing). You are from the UK so I certainly hoped you considered skin compatibility. Being suspicious is just part of my nature.

9. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    As I have stated a number of times I want to keep the IP of our devices. I have had a number of people ask the fine details of our process and even state they wanted to use them to start their own company. So forgive me for not being more forthcoming with all the details. All you need to know is we have all the bases covered.

Guest 8306 likes this.
  10. lord9

lord9 Active member

Semi-retired
    USA, Yuma, Arizona
    Local Time:
    3:39 PM
    Don't worry, I'm sure someone in China has already made a copy and will market it soon. They don't have any regulation of their industry and will have one printed out in no time with whatever materials they think will work to sell the product. It's just a fact of modern innovation anymore that soon after there is a picture and some demand shown for a product, it will be copied and marketed.

JosieLynn Jewell likes this.
  11. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Yes I agree on the fact that the designs will be copied in China. But the quality will be like all the other Chinese devices. Had loads and not one has been worth the money.

12. BarryB

BarryB Member

Local Time:
    Is your device also suitable for someone with a PA who is not circumcised?

13. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Barry
    I am not circumcised and have no issues with it. The entry of the tube is a trumpet shape so the skin has somewhere to gather under the tube rather than riding over it. This makes it more comfortable.

BarryB likes this.
  14. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    So now that's it's been a few days since you first posted about the device, have you continued to wear it? If so, for how long? Has it remained comfortable? Any other issues?

15. Tall Chaste Guy

London
    Local Time:
    I'm back in my Rigid Chastity cage until the end of October - I may switch back. Currently my PA piercing seems to be a bit irritated so I'm going to stick with an open cage design for the time being. But once it's healed and stretched to 5mm I'll very likely go back in the Captive PA for a bit.

16. BarryB

BarryB Member

Local Time:
    My question is whether the Captive PA can really prevent an orgasm? What is your experience with that? My experience with chastity devices has been that I can always come in them. And that undermines the whole idea of chastity in my view.

17. BarryB

BarryB Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your answer. I am also wondering whether your device can really prevent one from coming while in a chastity device. My experience so far has been that I can still have an orgasm while been locked up.

18. Tall Chaste Guy

London
    Local Time:
    I didn’t try but I’m sure with enough time I’d have been able to. If you’re looking for the mythical orgasm-proof chastity device, this probably isn’t it - but chastity in my experience is 50% mental, 50% the device itself.

19. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    Maybe the types that have some kind of sharp pins in them would be sufficient deterrent to keep you from wanting to have an erection. I've never used on but my reading is that they are more for short term play rather than long term wear.

I think at best most chastity devices are going to discourage you or make it more difficult to have an orgasm but most, if not all, won't completely prevent it. You're going to have to exercise a little self control.

BarryB likes this.
  20. Bratty Boi Chastened

Bratty Boi Chastened Psychologically getting off by NOT getting off!

UK
    Local Time:
    Screws are no match for a proper lock, such as a Magic Locker. Anyone with a set of electronic screwdrivers (easily obtainable) can unscrew the device.

It is simply not secure for my liking.

21. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I would suspect that most of these "Magic Locks" could be opened in seconds with easily available tools and a little practice.

Any kind of off-the-shelf "security screw" is going to have an easily available bit to fit it. Perhaps as time passes Abstained will invest in a special screw like Steelwerks uses.

22. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Yes however steelwerks devices are around 10 times the price. Custom screws and drivers are VERY expensive. The type of screw we use is not as common as you might think. I can tell you now it’s not the type you will find in you local hardware store. But yes it can be purchased online if you know the type and the size. However as we all know any device can be cheated in one way or another. I mean we let ourselves get locked in them in the first place. Then most people can pull out and orgasm as they are not pierced. Then the pierced cannot pull out but after a week or so can get worked up enough to orgasm. Yes the orgasm will be more like a ruined orgasm and you will for sure regret it and your key holder will be able to tell you have cheated. I will be adding an optional feature to fit a security tag so at least your key holder will know.
    People seem to want it all. Cheap, custom sized, easy to fit, inescapable, comfortable, cheat proof. Unfortunately all of the above are almost impossible. Our devices are very cheap for a custom device and are inescapable with a PA. They are comfortable when sized correctly. But part of what makes them comfortable is the move away form a lock which always allows for movement. This is why Steelwerks uses them.

BarryB and corsac like this.
  23. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    Assuming you're talking about two pin security screws I've seen in the pictures, I would agree they are more difficult to find at least at most hardware stores and home centers. I'm the kind of guy who wanders the aisles of old fashioned hardware stores, which are becoming increasingly hard to find, looking for all sorts of oddball stuff on the off chance I might need it some day. Maybe 15 years ago in one of those old fashioned hardware store with wooden floors and employees who actually knew something, found a set of security bits. I know one of them in the double pin, I just don't know if it would fit your screws. Security Torx and Hex are pretty much ubiquitous here in America.

As for wanting it all, I work in retail so you're preaching to the choir. Obviously no chastity device is inescapable, short of welding or gluing it shut. For those with a keyholder, tamper evident seems more important to me.

dayxwalker likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice