Safety of trying a smaller ring

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Dasa, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Dasa

Dasa Member

Local Time:
    4:43 AM
    It has been quite a few years since chastity has been part of my life, but recently that seems to be changing. Boy have things changed since last I looked!

I've received a couple chinese metal devices with two ring sizes. The larger ones seem comfortable, but I'm wondering about trying the smaller ones. I'm also wondering what happens if I put on a too-small, non-hinged ring and become erect. Is it dangerous to try this? If it is, how to people safely find the best size?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Joey love

Joey love Long term member

Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    Hi Dasa
    There’s been some recent discussion about this on a few threads and it seems the smaller ring size the better, but not too small. I had a 2” ring that slid down during the day and during erections
    Hope this helps which was a bit annoying. I went to a 1.75” ring which took a little work to get on but once it was on could wear all day with no problems. Night erections would wake me up with a tightness around base that was quite uncomfortable but a trip to the bathroom would alleviate the pressure

3. Joey love

Local Time:
    Sorry, “hope this helps” comment was supposed to be on end of comment- my bad:)

4. Dasa

Dasa Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Joey. I've been reading that "Smaller is better" advice, which is what makes me interested in trying the smaller rings. My concern is that if I go *too* small, the next time my penis is engorged it might stay that way and the ring would not be removable. Have you heard of this happening?

5. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    11:43 AM
    I think pain will stop you before you run into problems. I’d worry most if things went numb.

6. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    I've always been worried about the risks with fixed rings which is why I currently prefer ones with a hinge.

If you really want to try the smaller ring then it doesn't hurt to plan for the worst.

Some sort of lubrication to make it easier to slide off and some ice on standby to help calm things down.

When I experimented with fixed rings I found with a tighter ring you are more limited on time to get the cage in place. It can be very easy to get over excited lining everything up.

7. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    5:43 AM
    Over excitement is a temporary condition though. Measuring for base ring size is pretty consistent no matter the device: it should be just loose enough to slide in a finger up to the first knuckle, when you’re flaccid. If you’re not flaccid, wait until you are. (Vigorous rubbing is sometimes used to reduce the swelling, but there are undesirable side effects).

I’ve never heard of anyone getting stuck in a solid base ring (at least not before the cage is affixed—after that, it’s a whole different story).

8. Joey love

Local Time:
    I haven’t been a card carrying, cage wearing member for too long but I’ve never heard of any problems like that. My thoughts are if you can get it on you can get it off- no pun intended but if you can’t get it off then get off so you can get it off.:)
    I find that I seem to always be able to go to the bathroom and pee enough so the erection is tamed. Today is a good example; I hadn’t had any sort of sexual release for well over two months and I needed to take ring off and I had no problems. Everything was well engorged but still able to take off ring

9. Pool boy

Pool boy Member

Local Time:
    I will throw in my 2 cents based on my personal experience. Too small of ring and gap can definitely cause problems. When I tried to go smaller with the ring I had significant problems with pain and swelling of my testicles. Fortunately no issue getting the ring off. But I sure didn't put it back on.

That being said, I think the advice to go small with the cage is right on. With each new device I have been getting smaller cages while leaving the ring and gap size the same. And no question, as the cage gets smaller the device becomes more effective ( less engorgement) and more comfortable. I now have a tiny cage that I literally stuff myself into and it works great. However, it doesn't do much for the ego if you are into size . :)

Joey love likes this.
  10. CagedBySocks

CagedBySocks Long term member

Local Time:
    I am in a hinged ring at the minute. I think I prefer unhinged, the hinge is a little annoying.

11. Dasa

Dasa Member

Local Time:
    Thanks everybody. I'm more comfortable now giving the smaller rings a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice