Abstained - The Isolator

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by dayxwalker, Oct 21, 2018.

1. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    6:33 AM
    We would like to introduce everyone to ‘The Isolator’

The Isolator is currently in the design and development phase and as a result is currently not available for purchase.

Further optional head pieces are in development including the below

1. Kali's Teeth

2. Vibrator Head

3. E-Stim

4. Anti Pullout for Non-Piercing

5. Frenum Hook

6. Ampallang

Design Philosophy
    The Isolator combines security, comfort and isolation in an innovative way. The bulge provides clearance between the sensitive areas of the penis and the device. This prevents pleasure from friction around the sensitive areas reducing the chances of cheating. The optional PA hook can be used to secure a CBR resulting in 100% security from pull out to compliment the ball trap feature. This combined with the sensitive area of the penis being isolated results in a very frustrating experience. The PA hook can also pivot in the tube to allow movement of the CBR so ensure comfort during erections.

Our website has been updated with this device.

abstained.co.uk

We are looking for feedback and ideas for improvements that we can add to the design and development phase. Thanks in advance

ISO.png
    Exploded.png
    Section_View.png Front.png
    Side.png

mafsub likes this.
  2. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Looks like it would be difficult to keep clean. Otherwise looks cool.

3. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Jessica
    Yes this could be an issue and we will trial extra ventilation holes. Thanks for your thoughts

4. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    It also looks like the hole is misaligned for urination and would guarantee that the inside would get soaked in urine every time you pee.

5. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Yes I see what you are saying and I think we will convert the hole to a slot and align it better.

Jessica Alexander likes this.
  6. jlankin

jlankin Member

Software Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    Two designs released in quick succession, but both very unique. Other than the potential for additional accessories, I'd like to know how one should go about choosing between this vs the captive PA. What problems does this design solve that the other doesn't and vice-versa? Do you have plans for a third design that combines the best qualities of the two?

7. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi jlankin
    I have a third in my head already. The Isolator is still not finished in the design phase. I have made a prototype and tested it and it’s very comfortable but I plan on making it more comfortable still. I plan on increasing the base ring gauge by a considerable about. In my experience with ball trap devices is that the underside of your ball sack gets sore with the tugging of the ring. So the larger the base ring gauge (thicknesses) the more contract area there should be in the skin lessening the friction. The Isolator is unique also because the tube has a cap that is removable. This means you can make the entry into the tube very tight and still get the penis in as you can grab it from the other side and pull it through. As for why you would pick one over the other is some people like the feel of the ball trap. I know I do it feels more restricted/trapped.

8. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    Would it be possible for you to provide dimensions with your renderings. Both devices you have presented here look very "bulky."

I don't recall if you said but are you planning on capturing the screws in the device? I could see trying to insert individual screws as an absolute nightmare for the self-locker. Drop one and your searching in the carpeting or on a hard surface they'll go skittering across the floor.

9. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Adam
    All of our devices are customs sized. So you get to pick the dimensions. That’s length ,width ,diameter , gauge etc. So if it’s bulky it will be because you made it so :)

10. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    As previous stated in one of my posts the security screws are not for everyone. However they have some advantages over locks. steelworxx devices use mainly security screws for the same reason we do. Once fitted the parts of the device have zero movement and so less pinching of skin.

Again i personal would take comfort for 3 weeks over a few extra minutes putting it on. I actually enjoy putting a device on and handing over the key. Even the sound of the lock box snapping shut .....

11. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    You don't mention or we missed it what is this tdevice made of please?
    Being able to leave the device on and just remove the end cap to facilitate cleaning looks like a plus feature as does the mentioned replacig the end hole with a slot we find we are very much with Jessica Alexander on that issue.

The potential for losing the screws and more particularly the nuts reamins a slightly nagging issue but again not if some spares are included and further ones available.

We would not supply the PA ring those with that piercing will already have PA jewellery. Though rather than accomodate the wearing of a PA ring we'd like to see something like an integral PA fixing

If you are looking at further designs have you considered the length of the tube being made up of bars 5 or 6mm in diameter seperated by similar width gaps.

At the point on the length of the tube/cage section if there were a broad band running horizontally around the shaft then it would better isolate the immediate area abobe and below the corona preventing touching and the unappealing sight of flesh trying to squeeze itsself through the bars.

This would not permit touching and yet still allow for thorough cleaning meaning the device could remain in place for very much longer ..if it needed to be removed at all.

12. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    I'm not questioning your use of screws but rather suggesting that, if possible, you find a way to capture the screws (and nuts) to make the device more user friendly. As I said, not everyone has a keyholder and trying to hold the device in place while fiddling with a nut and screw might be a real challenge.

13. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    The nuts are bonded in so should not fall out. It is possible to have captive screws in theory and it’s something I will look at. It would push the cost of the device up. Having fitted the device myself many times I don’t see loosing the screws as a big risk. Besides as already stated spares are provided and available to purchase from us. Just order a few spares with the device.
    The devices are plastic 3D Printed.

The Isolator will not be for sale for some time so there is lots of time to iron out all of your concerns.

14. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Update on the design and development

Site has been updated with pictures of the prototype
    https://sites.google.com/view/abstained-co-uk/isolator-pa

Changes made since the CAD images above are below

• Base ring gauge changed from 8mm to 12mm. This improves comfort.
    • Stronger design to deal with stresses
    • Increased urine hole size

15. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    I like the idea of both. I’m usually I in an open-ish cage. A completely enclosing device would provide a step up in denial. Not something I think I would use full time but an optional device.

I like what you did with the CBR. I had trouble with Evotion PA pins until I had him make a titanium one for me. However, the CBR and material to surround add weight and bulk. What about using a curved barbell and capturing the lower ball in a chamber? Don’t need to use an upper ball. Or, you could capture both ends of the barbell with out balls. Secure, bio-compatible, and less weight.

Clamshell devices are literally a pain to put on. Either the pain of carefully tucking all skin in or the pain of pinching. Looser fit of the isolator would eliminate this problem but looser fit adds bulk.

I’m not a big fan of base ring for extended wear. I think you could get the isolation effect in a tube with snug shaft and bulbous head (and PA, of course).

That type of security screw would be too easy for me to extract. I may find something on hand that fits the two holes or a little time in my shop with a file and I might make something. (Yea, I know “I’m not supposed to”. For me, chastity is about being “unable to”.). I need the bar a little higher than that screw. I have a Lori and I have not yet figured out how to back that screw out. I’ve tried, but not very hard, and not come up with any non-destructive method. There is at least one company that makes a similar propritary security screw. Problem is that they are not cheap.

Possibly an alternative is some sort of tamper proof design. One time tags that prevent the screws from being backed out.

16. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi pokekey
    Thanks for your great feedback. The screws on the prototype are just regular torque screws and not the rare two hole type. The two hole screws would be tricky to remove without rounding off the holes. If you do this then it’s going to be very hard to get the device off. I would not like to have to cut one of these off. Anyway if anyone has any other options for custom screws let me know. True custom screws would drive the cost of the device much higher. My goal is to make custom devices affordable.
    I agree that base rings are not truely a long term option. I have done what I can with a anatomical ring and a very large gauge all to extend the comfort for as long as possible. However you cannot beat a stint in a base ring plus PA lock device as it’s so restrictive. Initial testing of this device feels like it would be very hard to cheat in. However a true stint in it is the only way to know. The cap of the device allows for other PA capture options like your barbell idea which is a good one.

My next device is going to be a hybrid of the Isolator and the captive PA.

17. Adam444

Adam444 Long term member

Chicagoland, USA
    Local Time:
    At this point in your company's development I don't think it makes sense to invest in or even worry about specialty security screws. Work on perfecting the device, because if it can't be comfortably worn for a long periods then it doesn't matter how it's secured. Down the road, once you've built a customer base and cash flow, then look into fancy screws. Maybe make them an option for those who want to pay for them.

dayxwalker likes this.
  18. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    filltee likes this.
  19. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Jessica
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting options here from specific to only brycefasteners to completely custom head that can only be bought by the one customer. Only problem here is the cost of the screws but more concerning would be the cost of a custom driver. I will investigate the options here. Perhaps the standard device can come with the two pin screws and people can upgrade the device if it works for them to various levels of security right up to custom that requires a key they only we can buy.

20. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    There are tons of options. Just google “security screws”.

21. Jessica Alexander

Houston
    Local Time:
    Maybe you should make a cheap device that has to be destroyed to take off. It would be good for self lockers as destroying the device is a good deterrent to removal.

filltee likes this.
  22. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    11:33 PM
    Yes, bryce fasteners custom screws. These are similar to the screws that Lori uses. They are also very expensive. I think your are buying rights to a specific key pattern. A big investment for a start up.

I can get a tool for common tamper proof screws at Home Depot. Could be that you have screws with a different hole spacing or size but I think I could adapt a tool to fit them. The Bryce and Lori screws are harder because the socket diameter is smaller and there is the post in the middle. Any tool for those screws must contact all the grooves to generate enough force. It is difficult to make a non-destructive tool that is shaped right, gets a grip, and is strong enough.

Again, this is my approach. If I can buy or make a tool easily, that security is too low. I could learn to pick locks. i suspect most of the locks we use are not that hard. But for me, that security is high enough. Everyone will have their own security level.

23. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  24. dayxwalker

dayxwalker Member

Local Time:
    Hi Dan
    Some good options here that I will look at. I am going to look as some options to increase the security level. However right now we cannot invest in custom screws just yet.

Adding expensive security screws are all good and well but if you want out that badly a hobby grade dremel can remove even a stainless steel device. It’s a balance of cost vs security vs trust. I will be adding features for a numbered tag so we can cover the trust aspect.

I am also working on more designs and improved manufacturing methods to make the Isolator viable for sale. It’s not something I could offer at the price of the captive pa right now due to the man hours it takes to make to a high standard seen in the pictures.

25. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

I agree and fully understand ... I was just showing you some of the other less expensive options that you may be able to integrate quickly and easily for your customers that are wanting the "security" to be what they "perceived" as more secure.

We personally have a high level of trust, so security is not ever an issue, the key for the lock sits on her nightstand in plain sight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice