Durability of cheap barrel locks

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by slutpj, Aug 1, 2018.

1. slutpj

slutpj Junior Member

Local Time:
    5:19 AM
    I'm experimenting with different sized and shaped steel cages right now, buying the cheaper models from Amazon. Generally, they all come with a barrel type lock, and I'm wondering what the long term durability on these things is?

I've got one I've been wearing daily (but not overnight, so removing and relocking every 24h) for some months now, and it's tarnished from the original bronze they tend to come in, but seems to be working fine. It may be my imagination, but it feels like it's getting a bit gummy - and I wondered what the failure rate on them is?

I know they're in use on many plastic devices too - anyone had one in for a while, or had problems with them? Do they fail?

2. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    10:19 AM
    With the barrel lock, you can get better quality replacements from normal lock suppliers.
    The cheap Chinese versions work well enough but they're often not quite so precision made or made of such good quality materials. :lockkey:

All chastity locks can get gummed up with lint from clothing which inevitably carries with it some body detritus (oil, sweat, skin). Don't try to lubricate the lock, that will make the problem worse as lubricants are usually sticky. Frequent use of the key will help keep it clear, or for very infrequent use it doesn't really matter does it? :eek::rolleyes:

latexbound likes this.
  3. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:19 AM
    I’ve used one of these locks for about 6 years now. Originally mine came from steelworxx, so better quality to start with. It does get stuck now and then, it’s mainly the one at the PA end of the device that gets a urine bath 3-4 times a day that has the problem. They have got stuck in he past but with a little WD40 that soon reales.

That are now ubiquitous for a lot of plastic and metal devices. The Chinese copies are not nearly as good. I’ve had one fall apart on the first use.

You should be ok if used frequently

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice