Time to ditch the ball trap devices

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by Lakeman, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    10:30 PM
    After 3 years of chastity and multiple devices from cheap to high end custom, the ball trap ring devices are still a pain. It goes from wonderful, I hardly know it’s there, which is most of the time, to dammit, there’s pinching of skin, the occasional sore spot which needs a break from the cage.

I’m seriously thinking of getting a piercing and getting a device without the base ring, like the Evotions Bijou for example. There are many other custom makers who do these. I do like the feeling of the compression trying to get an erection in the ring devices, and that the ringless devices do allow you to get erect, so I would miss that, but I think the long term benefits of comfort from not having the ring around my balls would be great.

I’m interested in the views and experiences of others.

SissyMaid4U and Neander like this.
  2. Cuckster

Cuckster Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    11:30 AM
    I think if you're hoping to "never know it's there" you're expectations are a tad unrealistic.
    It IS there. So of course you'll know about it from time to time and have to deal with it and make allowances.
    I don't think that will change bychanging your device, and I don't think it's anything to do with having a back ring or not.
    I find such things are easily taken care of with proper cleaning/maintenance and a bit of adjustment now and then.

3. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    5:30 AM
    I wear a Lori 8A and I can say that there is a massive difference between ball trap devices and ringless devices. I was pierced for exactly the reason you mention, I was fed up with the discomfort and the endless battle of trying everything in the book to alleviate it. It seemed like the main function of the device was to make me obsessed with it and my penis, and inhibiting erections/orgasm was just a secondary benefit.

I have been very nearly continuously locked for 2 1/2 years and I have never had to have the device removed because of discomfort of any kind. I have gone 3-4 months without having it removed for any reason with no ill effect.

There is the downside that a partial erection is still possible, but regardless, orgasm is virtually impossible for me while locked.

Neander and Rectrix like this.
  4. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    @Living Curious, does the ability to get partially erect affect the quality of your chastity? That is, do you find that being able to get partly hard increases your frustration, lessens it, or is it about the same? I know that for me a big part of the pleasurable sensation of being locked, apart from the compression, is the downward pressure on my attempted erections. But is there a compensating increase in frustration by not having that?

Ian98 likes this.
  5. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    @boisub Those periodic moments of intense frustration and longing for a full erection do still happen, but much less often for me, and not to the same degree.

boisub likes this.
  6. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    I guess it is all about what parts of chastity are important to you. For me the confinement and erection suppression of my ball trap JB are constantly arousing, a form of bdsm, which is an important part of the whole chastity experience. I am willing to put up with a deal of discomfort and put in a lot of effort to keep my skin in good shape to be able to wear the device without removal.

7. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    I am sorry to hear that the OP is having problems. My experience is that trapped ball devices can work, but the rear ring has to be carefully designed.

Many devices available today construct the rear ring using bar stock which is bent into the ring shape. That means that the cross section of the ring is circular, and where it contacts the skin there is basically a tangent, so a lot of pressure is placed at that point. That can result in a pressure sore.

A solution is to construct the ring using a flat bar, which spreads out the pressure across the contact area.

Danny15 and Rectrix like this.
  8. Alceste

Alceste Chaste Member

United States
    Local Time:
    In that first paragraph, I meant "round bar stock".

9. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    10:30 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I’m not sure I’m up for the big change of the PA, I might go with a frenum piercing.

10. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    A frenum sounds like a good option to me. I couldn't afford the rehab time for a PA (especially managing the bleeding). From what I can find it may not be suficiently robust for a heavier cage, but if isn't a ball trap device it might be light enough not to be a problem?
    Personally, I'd like to use one as an anti pull-out option on a snug ball trap cage.

11. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    My piercing and steelwerks tube device worked great for a while. After about two years of continuous wear, it became ineffective. My wife decided she would rather have me confined in a small cage with no room to grow. Feels like actually being in chastity again. Plenty of cheap cages that are working well if it wasn’t for my piercing.

We still like my piercing but it can still be a challenge to find the right device. Just something to think about. As far as healing, the PA bled more than when I got a frenum. The frenum was never comfortable though and started to tear when using it with a device. I cannot recommend a frenum for chastity or pleasure. Just my experience.

12. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    7:30 AM
    Do you really think that a flat bar is the optimal design? I've tried a more "flat" design (with filleted edges), and switched to a round shape to find it much more comfortable. Maybe it's because I'm using 8mm diameter instead of 5mm? I do think more surface are would spread out the pressure better.

13. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    12:30 PM
    I had similar problems with many devices. I went for a pa5000 for a while. The trouble was I didn’t fell locked. No pinching no problems. You think it would of been perfect.

Now in a rigid chastity halfshel. It’s a good compromise. Comfy 99.9% of the time. Still restrictive though

Danny15 likes this.
  14. boisub

boisub Inaccessible member

Northwest US
    Local Time:
    I’ve found the Mature Metal double base ring to be very comfortable, and I think that the spreading of pressure around a bigger area, however it’s achieved, makes a big difference.

It does seem to me like a ring of flat bar would be less comfortable, but having never tried it I don’t know.

15. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    I do thing the double ring is a good looking design. Glad to hear that it's very comfortable as well. I may have to give it a try.

16. jb123

jb123 Long term member

Analyst
    USA
    Local Time:

When did you order your rigid chastity device and what was the turn around time from order to delivery?

17. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    I've had a PA since I was a teenager but the just a tube with no A-ring just does nothing for me or my Lady. I can't imagine how anyone might think that they work but they do for some and good luck to them.

18. Keane

Keane New member

Local Time:
    I've used several trapped ball devices. My balls are high and tight. No trapped ball device is comfortable due to the pressure. If I wear one long enough, in a few days my left ball will pull through no matter how close the rings. I have a friend that ruptured a nut this way. So I no longer use trapped ball devices. Currently I use a MCD (male chastity device) I got from Club fem. It's essentially a plastic Kali's Teeth bracelet. This works for me. However there is some pinching when sitting.

19. Neander

Neander Active member

Germany
    Local Time:
    I had several balltrap devices.
    Plastic CB, cheap Chinese made of steel, expensive custom made of steel, made of silicone, ...
    FOR ME they never worked in the long run. Abrasions, redness, pinching. Pullout! And under the clothes they have actually always somehow applied. Not even talking about the problems with motorcycling and biking, and I LOVE motorcycling.
    I also tried the PA-5000, it didn't fit and irritated the piercing. Apart from the fact that the part was somehow not masturbation-proof.
    Then Evotion entered the market. After a few failed attempts, I now have a cage7 that fits 95% perfectly. And serves the purpose for us superbly, namely to prevent unauthorized PIV and masturbation while I seldom feel it in everyday life.
    No waking up during the night, hardly any readjustment, hygiene is easy.
    A boner is possible without any problems and after a few days it occurs more often, of course, my queen likes that very much. As a sign of how hot I am for her. She then likes to massage my shaft a bit, knowing that I can't go any further without her. What an overwhelming feeling!
    I would like to have a shaft only device made of titanium that fits as well the cage7. Someday we will ask Badass Workroom to build a BA-33 to our specifications!

20. Deleted member 104385

Something to consider since you're thinking of getting a piercing. Maybe a ball trap that has a urethra plug in it. I know that with most of my devices I'm always having to adjust here or there. Some more than others. But the one cage I have that has a plug, the thing hardly moves. I hardly have to adjust it. I think it's due to the tissue holding onto the plug once it's been in for a bit and the body starts to accept it, it doesn't rotate it doesn't pinch nothing. I've even worn it multiple days to work and I'm not constantly running the the bath room every 15 min to adjust and since I'm a mechanic always moving, or bending etc there's tons of room for it to move but it doesn't. Granted it's chastity, it's not going to be all peaches and rainbows you know. It's going to come with having to tolerate some things. You know. I've been thinking about having a custom red chilli cage with plug made, but I still have fine tuning to do with the cage I already have from them. Maybe once I dial it in, then I'll get the really nice cage I've always wanted since I'll know for the most part exactly what to order.

21. Arm II

Arm II Active member

Retired
    N E Florida
    Local Time:
    I wear a BA-33 with a PA. I have been pieced for years before getting into chastity, so it was an easy choice for me. Hardly notice it, and can bike ride with it, something I definitely couldn't do with a ball trap. I still like a ball trap for the sexy weekend with the wife, so I may buy a custom one later, but for everyday, I just couldn't wear one. Constantly had to be taken off and put back on to adjust for issues. I got my BA-33 three weeks ago, wore it off and on for a week, then put it on, handed all the keys to the wife, and it's been two weeks without an issue. The openings are big enough I can clean without taking it off.

Mickdrizzle and Neander like this.
  22. matteus

matteus Submissive man looking for his mistress

Wales
    Local Time:
    When you are small and turtle a trapped ball device just doesn’t work. You either fall out the back eventually or if you secure yourself in it then the pain is unbearable as it tries to pull away when you sit down.

After several years trying everything on the market I realised I had to use just a tube device with a PA. The PA was healed in 3 months and wasn’t really painful. A vaccination by needle hurt more. And if you find a good piercer once it’s done it’s done for life.

I got 3 Lori devices that were just too heavy or not made to my measurements. I know in later years Lori had problems with the business and to her credit I had full refunds. Still have one device as a paperweight. I couldn’t wear them for more than a few days.

Being small, prone to turtling and uncut with lots of foreskin, it was impossible to find anything that worked for any length of time without oedema in the foreskin or irritation / weeping from the piercing from pulling.

Then I found Male Chastity Now. Mark made me a bespoke Glans Armor 2. With some tweaking and adjustments I now have my 24/7 device. It is very light but strong surgical grade steel. Very well made with a Lori style security screw. There is no escape and orgasm is impossible for me. Very easy to stay completely hygienic with the open bar design too. I found for complete comfort I had to stretch the PA to 4GA. 6GA just wasn’t thick enough for long term wear. I also wear support briefs now which holds everything in and prevents even the slightest pull on the piercing. I get a semi hard erection several times a day which is never painful but very arousing and frustrating that makes me want to channel that energy in loving my wife with no orgasm for me. She wears her key pinned under her clothes and tells me she holds it often and gets aroused thinking how she owns me. The only thing that would improve things for her would be to have the key in some sort of jewellery necklace like the Lori heart necklace. The current key is quite clunky, but it’s a small price to pay for giving us my chastity for life. I can’t recommend Mark at Male Chastity Now enough. Top bloke.

Since getting the device to work I have been locked 24/7. I am approaching my first year anniversary this month orgasm free. Never been out of the cage. I use a couple of drops of baby oil once a week to lubricate the pin in the piercing. My marriage has never been stronger and we are happier than we have ever been. Forgetting about your pleasure and concentrating completely on your partners is mindblowingly erotic and intimate.

23. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    If my goal is to deter myself from masturbation (not necessarily making it completely impossible), and I don't want a ball trap device, nor want a piercing, what are the options? A full belt? Anything else?

24. Arm II

Arm II Active member

Retired
    N E Florida
    Local Time:
    Look at Iron78's pics, he has a cage with a glans retainer ring. His is a balltrap, but the same style without the base ring and the lock on the retainer ring would be an option.

25. saruman

saruman Active member

Local Time:
    I have a hard time visualizing how that would work exactly, but I will investigate, thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice