Getting the Base Ring on: tips required

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Panda2010, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Panda2010

Panda2010 There's a fine line between pleasure and pain

Australia (North east Victoria)
    Local Time:
    3:43 AM
    My Holy Trainer (clone) arrived the other day, with four diff sized base rings (50mm, 45mm, 40mm, 36mm). I knew the two smaller rings would be too small so I tried the 45mm ring. There was no way anything was going to fit through that one. So I tried the 50mm ring. Without getting too graphic, I was able to get one ball through the ring, but getting the other through and keeping it there was a bit of a challenge. It took a while but I eventually managed it. And because I was focused on the mechanics of the exercise, I was totally soft. So once both balls were through I could poke my cock through easily enough (ok, that was probably too graphic – at least I didn’t include pictures).

I guess putting the ring on will get easier with practice. But if any of the experienced users have some tips to make it a bit easier it would be appreciated.

I have seen posts on CM regarding correct sizing of the ring, indicating if you can insert your index finger up to the first knuckle between your body and the ring it is about right (if you can insert more than that the ring is too big, if you can’t get the first knuckle in, the ring is probably too small). I can almost get the first knuckle of my index finger inserted. So it is probably only just big enough.

Once the ring is on I can certainly feel that it is there. Most of the time it is ok. But it does get a little bit painful at the base of my scrotum at times. Presumably (hopefully) that sorts itself out once I am more accustomed to wearing the ring. I am not wearing it right at the moment having a bit of a rest from it. But I will put it back on for a few hours this afternoon and evening. BTW, the tube part is very comfortable, and I can hardly tell it is there.

2. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    12:43 PM
    i think you have it down. you just put the ring up to your balls, pull the skin through as much as possible, then push each ball inside the ring, lastly push your penis through. getting one finger up to the knuckle is also correct. As far as scrotum pain, thats normal. You can alleviate that with some long lasting lubricant. Some use baby oil gel, some vaseline. I use lanacane myself.

keyheld and Panda2010 like this.
  3. Panda2010

Local Time:
    @ineverknew Thanks for the tips.

I think the mistake I made the first time round was not pulling enough skin thru the ring to start with. Everything is back on now. Much easier this time around, doing it properly (I used a bit of vaseline as well). And the ring feels much more comfortable. Maybe the first time I put it on the ring was pinching some skin.

4. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Things were way too comfortable with my second attempt. After a while I noticed the cage seemed to be riding much lower than on my first attempt. And when I went to have a pee I wasn't filling it up to the end like the first time. I was thinking 'what is going on here' and tried to adjust things when the cage and ring just slipped off in my hand :D. My first pull out.

So obviously the 50mm ring was too big. Next attempt will be with the 45mm ring and a better technique for getting it on.

The trials and tribulations of a rookie :)

5. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    4:43 PM
    It sounds like you're on the right track. It definitely helps to pull as much skin through as possible before trying to pop the balls through. 50mm typically is way to big for most guys. 45mm is going to be closer to the right size. Sometimes getting the old fella in means having to poke it into you body and then popping it back out after poking the bit of skin still protruding into the ring.

6. guest 2942

Local Time:
    if you havent tried any other devices besides the holy trainer you might want to look into that. There are some cheap devices that work well for people and they have a round ring. For me a round ring works much better than the holy trainer style ring. You can also get a ring size of 47mm which seems to fit me the best. 45 is too small and 50 is too big. Just some things to consider down the road.

Panda2010 likes this.
  7. anomalous1

anomalous1 Active member

USA
    Local Time:
    You can place a heat pack or hot water bottle on your bits. The heat will cause your scrotum to distend, making it easier to get the rings on.

Panda2010 likes this.
  8. BellasHubby

BellasHubby Member

Ontario Canada
    Local Time:
    I put my pp i first, then pull my skin through and pop em through....the second nut is the hardest but works well. Just my 2c

Panda2010 likes this.
  9. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Yep I am looking at Locked In Lust 'The Vice', mainly because it has a hinged base ring and 46.5mm and 48.5mm rings.

@Surrendered to Bec @anomalous1 @BellasHubby :cool: Thanks for the tips. I will see if I can get something to work ;)

BellasHubby likes this.
  10. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:43 AM
    While using a lubricating gel relieves the problems caused by skin sticking to the ring (especially non-metal ones), it can make it harder to get a good grip on the scrotum to pull a maximum of it through.
    I find that an easier method is to use a thin (pantyhose-style) woman's sock: put it over the scrotum, bunching some beyond the balls (so that what is around the scrotum is the thin sock material not the thicker top part); pass the dangling tip of the sock inside the ring and present the ring to the bottom of the scrotum; pull the skin through (the sock material slides easily under the ring yet gives you a good grip on the skin); as usual, one ball after the other (it helps to shove the first ball firmly to the side after it is through to leave more ring space for the second one); once both balls are through, put the penis on one side and wrap some of the left-behind sock material over it, then pull on the sock while pushing the penis under the ring.

11. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Hi @zorglub Thanks for the comprehensive description of your method. I use a stocking to pull my penis into the cage, but it never occurred to me that the same approach could be used for getting my balls thru the ring. I will definitely give it a go. I will probably also use the suggestion above (from @anomalous1) of a heat pack to help distend the skin of my scrotum.

Yes, on one occasion I tried using a bit of vaseline, thinking it might help things slide thru a bit easier. But, as you rightly point out, I soon discovered that it just made my sack too slippery to get a grip.

This thread is turning out to be a bit of a 'Fitting the Base Ring 101', which is really great for me, and hopefully useful to other rookies.;)

12. guest 2942

Local Time:
    Ive never tried the vice myself so cannot comment. But other than the anti pullout it looks very similar to cb6000 and holy trainers. You know the scrotum is quite amazing how it can change with temperature. When cold its sucked close to the body and when warm it can hang quite low :eek:. So I always find evenings the best time for putting my device on.

Panda2010 likes this.
  13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Your (good) detailed description in the OP is more or less ho how we all get into a fixed ring.
    BTW dont worry about offending others when describing s process like putting on a base ring, anyone taking offence to that in a chastity site is IMHO reading the wrong thread or on the wrong site.

You need your scrotum to be as loose, stretchy. relaxed ..whatever.. as possible so have you tried ensuring that your environment, you, your hands and genitalsparticularly are warm. How about trying whilst in in the bath? Gripping skin whilst in the bath can be difficult so use a flannel or get your genitals out of the water for a minute whilst you do it and use a dry flannel. You can assemble the rest of your device after you get out and get dry. (So you dont lose bits) but being warms helps keep things more pliable then as well.

A word of advice not yet mentioned if you are having that much trouble getting in be sure when you are in that its not too tight.

Panda2010 likes this.
  14. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Good advice from @filltee about the ring size. You’ll get the hang of it. It takes me about 20 seconds now to fit the ring and cage and lock it, but it was certainly a lot slower in the early days!

Panda2010 likes this.
  15. Panda2010

Local Time:
    @filltree I am thinking that this might be the case. I started with a 50mm ring and accidentally slipped out. So I went to the 45mm ring (supplied with the HT clone). That is the one I am having problems with. I have bitten the bullet and ordered The Vice, mainly as it has 2 rings sizes that might work better (46.5mm and 48.5mm). As people mention, pretty rare to get the right device first up (particuallrly the off-the-shelf devices)

In the meantime I will try to use the tips and tricks to get the scrotum a bit looser. @anomalous1 also mentioned using a heat pack.

16. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hot water bottle can work too I'd forgotten about those.

17. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Hopefully I am starting to get things sorted out. The heat pack worked well to help get the ring on (obvious once you think about the physiology). But I could only be locked up for a few hours using the 45mm base ring.

So yesterday I tried the 50mm base ring again. I had ditched that ring earlier after it had accidentally slipped off, thinking it was too big. Yesterday I was able to wear the cage with the 50mm ring for 10 hours and no slipping/accidental pull out. :+1:

That is very encouraging. Maybe the 50mm ring isn't too big after all, and the slip out was from some sort of 'cock-up' :rolleyes: on my part. Maybe it was just a rookie mistake putting the ring on the other day.

It is all a learning process.

anomalous1 likes this.
  18. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    For the ring to slip off once the whole device is assembled there is definitely something unusual going on. Extremely small testicles or far too big a ring are the only two non-violently damaging scenarios I can envisage.

19. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    Having purchased this very device I found myself slipping one ball with the 50mm ring, it happened a couple of hours in when the ring gradually flexed allowing a larger gap between ring and base of cage.

Off to sit in a hot bath for 5 mins and then with great difficulty managed to fit the 45mm ring, slight skin burn at the bottom rear of the ring at 13 hours so took it off, next day again hot bath and slightly easier to get 45mm on this time as finding the right way again 12 ish hours and mild skin burn at same spot 3rd day easier to fit now and skin burn very mild at 12 ish hours and as this is an anatomically shaped ring im finding the burn is where other standard type rings i've used on other devices didn't see that part of skin before necessitating in "breaking in again" I was very surprised i managed to fit in a 45mm ring, i have 3 other devices with 45mm rings all chinese clones but the only 45mm I could get in was the CB6ks the other 2 steel flat rings was a no chance. The HT ring being shaped differently has helped a lot.

Overall im finding the HT clone to be very comfortable and my penis doesn't play turtle either and its much simpler and easier for Mistress to take off.

Looks like i've finally found the device that fits me

I do hope you @Pbare do get sorted soon.

Panda2010 likes this.
  20. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Thanks @Mimi I managed to wear the HT with the 50mm base ring for 4 days, but then I ended up with painful abrasions at the base of my sac. I'm not sure if these were the result of trying the 45,mm base ring for a few days and not really noticing a problem, or whether the 50mm ring is still too small.

Early days.

Many ppl have said they have taken a while to find the right device. I have a Vice from Locked in Lust on order - should arrive any day. Hopefully that will help. Next stop, a metal cage with a PA??

Mimi likes this.
  21. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    It takes time to get adjusted, build up the hours per day and don’t rush into long term The abrasions could well be your not used to it yet, go a day or without so your dank heals then try again say 24 hours the rest overnight then 30 hours and rest then 35 hours and so on. Your body needs time to adjust. I had got this sorted with the CBk6s but didn’t like all the bits that it has and the extra anti pullout device. We needed something much simpler, easier and quicker to remove and less chance of losing one of the small parts.

Panda2010 likes this.
  22. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    Also I found on mine there was a few very small mould lines on the rings so I got some 1200 wet n dry used with water to make the ring very smooth and I also use a cream to help with things

Panda2010 likes this.
  23. exercion

exercion New member

Local Time:
    This! I have found that it takes just tiny amounts of irregularities to make painful grab spots on skin. I have used sandpaper and also a dremel with the small felt wheel, bare, to polish rings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice