Cage advice for beginners (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Nicoftime, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:38 AM
    First off let’s start that off the shelf manufactured devices are almost never a perfect fit. Chastity devices are more or less uncomfortable and not something you will forget is there. They are not orgasm proof, orgasm resistant at best. You will be able to pull out the back of them. If you are looking to buy a non custom device that fits perfectly, is never uncomfortable, orgasm proof, that you can’t pull out the back of, that you can instantly wear for lengths of time...you will be disappointed. That being said you can still find a device that you can wear, fits pretty well, will prevent erections, and keep you from playing with yourself unless you are really trying.

I am going to concentrate on steel cages. I believe most gravitate towards them anyway, and hygiene, comfort, and security are all just a tad better with steel. Some can’t use them due to travel and metal detectors. I respect that, but I still think their are ways around it, even explaining to the security that you have body jewelry there. Plus I just haven’t owned more than one cage that wasn’t steel and it was a silicone terrible device. So for my thread it’s all about steel.

Cage length
    1. What’s your flacid size? Not the half chubby size, not I gotta pee size, but your sitting down in ice water size. That is the ideal cage length.
    2. Are you cut? I am, so cannot say for sure about end of device stuff, but am pretty sure a closed end is better for the uncut penis.
    3. They in general come in 3 different sizes:28mm, 35mm, 52 mm. I am one inch flacid and wore the 52, it was too long. The 28mm is a bit scrunched but was very comfortable, except I peed all over my sack. 35 was just about right(I didn’t like the lock though will explain later).

Cage diameter
    1. Get one that allows it to move around and chub up in there. This makes cleaning easier, and skin won’t be constantly folding on itself, hiding moisture, or trapping it between it and the device.
    2. Most cheap cages do not offer any different sizes in diameter, don’t worry, I think it’s the least important dimension.

Base ring
    1. They are usually offered in 3 different sizes: 50mm, 45mm, and 40mm.
    2. I suggest getting two. The 50 and the 45. They are very cheap devices20-30 dollars. Buy two and if the one doesn’t fit the other will. Most would have to work at wearing a 40(so used to wearing it that your sack adjusts) so that is normally off the menu right off the bat.

Gap
    This is not really an option on the cheap devices, but know that the bigger the base ring, the more room there is for your sack.

Lock
    I am a sucker for the integrated lock.
    1. It is very easy to use, and more importantly, it is easy for her to use. She doesn’t want to be fiddling with screws or lining up a padlock.
    2. Padlocks usually use a post. A post will turn if there is any play between the lock and the post. Any turning will allow balls to slip out...bad.
    3. Padlocks are pointy, bulky, and noisy.

Self customization
    Small things you can do to make your cheap device way more comfy. Nothing too difficult that someone with a basic set of tools couldn’t handle.
    1. Buffing. Some of the cheap devices may have tiny rough spots. You can take a dremel with a buffing disc and take care of those.
    2. Bar adjustment. Some cages have two vertical bars on the end. I have found they are not spaced close enough together to keep your penis from slightly pushing through the gap when excited. Take a sock and a pliers and gently bend the bars closer together.

Things to avoid.
    1. Hinged rings, the small gap of the hinge will catch your ball skin.
    2. Sharp edges. Everything should have rounded edges.

Things to know.
    1. You are not as big as you think you are. As far as cage length goes, when in doubt, go smaller.
    2. You may think you need room for it to grow a lil...you don’t. If you let it start to get erect, quickly it will fill and get painful.
    3. A loose fitting base ring will hang low on your sack, and when excited, will pull down on your sack. Plus it still won’t stop erection. It will build behind the base ring. So as small and close to the body a base ring u can wear.

So this should be enough for someone to get an idea of how to get their first cage, and what to look for.

2. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    12:38 AM
    Listen to this man. He speaks the truth.

3. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:38 PM
    I have put this as a sticky as I think it will be very useful for people looking for a device

4. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks, was just saving myself some typing when I wrote it.

5. Panda2010

Panda2010 There's a fine line between pleasure and pain

Australia (North east Victoria)
    Local Time:
    @Nicoftime
    Hi thanks for the great info on sizing.

I am just starting my research for my first device. At this stage I am comparing my measurements with the CB range, as it has a few sizing options in the kit (although I acknowledge your preference for a steel device).

In terms of flaccid length i am about 50mm, or about 2 inches. So in the CB range I guess I would go for the CB6000s, which has a length of 2.5 inches. But do I need a shorter device?? I notice the Holy Trainer V3 Standard is 2.14 inches, but I would only get one base ring and so have to hope I order the right size lol))

Having a bit of difficulty with the base ring measurement. Using the trust piece of string, I get a circumference (around base of cock and balls) of 210mm, which converts to a diameter of 67mm, which is way bigger than the numbers you mention, and way bigger than the base rings in the CB6000s. As an alternative way of measuring, I also have a rubber cock ring that is 40mm (1.57 inches) in diameter, which fits tightly - maybe too tight for a cage. The CB6000s has base rings covering both 40mm (which you don't recommend) and the 45mm (1.75 inches) and the 50mm (2 inches) as well as a couple of sizes in between. So the CB6000s might be a useful first device, depending on the length issue mentioned above.

Beyondheat likes this.
  6. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks, I wish we could help on plastic devices but I just didn’t by have any experience with them.

I will say this about your base ring problem...the string method does not work. I’m not sure if it is because it needs to bite in a bit or what, but every person that has talked about it always comes up with a very large diameter. It would fall off if you actually had a ring that big.

If you would like a cheap alternative of measuring, a hardware store would probably have a range of sizes of steel or brass O rings. Probably a few bucks a piece, and you could narrow your search down that way.

Good luck!

7. Panda2010

Panda2010 There's a fine line between pleasure and pain

Australia (North east Victoria)
    Local Time:
    @Nicoftime Thanks for the tip about the O rings at the hardware store. Agree that the string method won't work as I wouldn't have been pulling the string anywhere near tight enough.

8. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    @Pbare well the cb one is a good one for measure and to knows what ring size you shud has. but its not a very comfy cage cos i had one first and it hurt a bit and as well its hard to keep clean and it has to keep coming off to be cleaned really else it goes very very smelly. you can get size rings from MM.

amir likes this.
  9. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    I find a 50mm ring too big and a 45 is just too tight. I wish someone would make a 47mm ring for the cheaper devices.

10. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:38 PM
    What evidence do you have for this statement?

Hygiene is negligible. Both plastic / resin will wash equally as well as metal.

I would consider the excess weight less comfortable than the weight of a plastic device

No diferance in security of any off the shelf metal device as their is for a off the shelf plastic one.

Most steel off the shelf devices are manufactured in China. Some / most are copies of metal or plastic devices made by others. The finish and materials used are variable. You may be lucky and get a good one but if you want a good off the shelf chastity device that’s well designed and manufactured to a high standard then try the Holy trainer. I think it’ll beat any off the shelf metal device.

Beyondheat likes this.
  11. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    never thought an advice could be as good as this! well done @nicoftime. :+1:

Love2blocked likes this.
  12. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks, figured it would save someone some time.

13. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It is plainly stated that this is only my opinion. I disagree with almost everything you wrote, I am sure that is your opinion as well. I am comfortable with people disagreeing with me, I wrote this to show people when they ask for an opinion, I copy and paste this thread.

Now to the nitty gritty of yours...what evidence...a decade of watching and learning of others opinions and mistakes.

Hygiene...it is not negotiable, resin and plastic if left on for longer periods can retain smell, where stainless does not.

I think the weight of steel and how it clings is comfortable, everyone’s mileage may vary.

I think security is easily hands better with the steel. Steel comes in different size cages which can construct and make pullout more difficult.

The steel I’ve gotten has been just fine, and haven’t had one single poor quality one, and I’ve had 5. I really can’t compare to a holy trainer I’ve never owned one...which I stated as well.

14. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    I’ve got steel and plastic cages, both off the shelf and custom of each type. In my opinion, steel is better, I find it more comfortable, and as the plastic cages are closed in, they are harder to keep clean. I’ve been meaning to write a post about my experiences with various cages, think I’ll do that shortly.

LockedN8, bondinchas and Nicoftime like this.
  15. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    I recently purchased a used rigid 05 and the diameter is much bigger than I normally would require. But i'm finding this to be very beneficial. I think allowing the extra room has helped immensely especially with pulling on my scrotum at night. Very comfortable device so far.

Rectrix, Breathe and Nicoftime like this.
  16. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I have the cast ergonomic rings on my initial cheap devices, I really like the shape of these as they nestle cloely to the body. I have the 45mm and 50mm rings and agree with you on this point, one is too tight the other too loose. I calculated the area inside these rings and the 50mm one has about 25% more area than the 45mm one so that is a large increase in the amount of stuff that can be fitted into the ring and as such is too large a step change in size.

Attached Files:

Rectrix likes this.
  17. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    See, all the math learned in school really was going to be useful!

kidding aside, area is one thing, but height from top to bottom on non circular rings is critical as well. The Holy Trainer ring is pretty short from top to bottom, especially when you take the tube into consideration. It's a good 15mm less than the other device ring I have (which I find more comfortable)

Panda2010 likes this.
  18. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Yep, this ring shape is by far the most comfortable I’ve worn, and I’ve tried most of the custom makes.

19. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I ordered one with this shape, was hoping it would rectify the bunching of skin which creates a burn like mark, it does, but the cage that went with it was poorly made. I usually have no problems with that kind of stuff from the cheap ones from amazon but this device just didn’t fit together very well.

The place where they interlock doesn’t match up very well and it’s a struggle to apply the correct amount of pressure to remove the key. Keyholders (or mine at least) do not like fiddling with opening locks. So this one was a bust. I would however order again and hope for better quality, like I said, I usually have no problems with these and hope my experience was an exception and not the rule.

I will say one thing, these oddly shaped rings have a whole different sizing factor. I can squeeze into a 40mm so ordered both a 40 and a 45. I could not even get one ball pushed thru the 40. Wasn’t even close. The 45 was a bit tighter fit as well although once on was easier to wear due to the shape.

20. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    Hey Nic, that’s a shame. I’ve bought two with that ring shape and both have been good quality, no problems with the integrated lock etc. the good news is there’s loads of different cage designs and sizes with that type of base ring, and they’re so cheap it’s not a big deal to order a few. Here’s hoping you get good quality in future.

21. all4Maam

all4Maam Member

writer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Local Time:
    Thanks very much for the effort that went into this thread. It will be of great help to me. And thanks to the OP for posting a link in my own query I posted today, as I am looking for my first cage but am willing to get a good one as well.

Nicoftime likes this.
  22. castmenow

castmenow Junior Member

Local Time:
    I will second that, it was useful after I got my first toy grade chastity device and found it underwhelming and wanted to do better the second time. The advice to go for both a 45mm and a 50mm ring for testing was sound advice.

23. christoph

christoph Active member

Local Time:
    The Gap

I find this aspect is underrated. Many years I felt the conflict between a strong size & a painful discomfort. On the other hand, security was always a priority for me. Ironically, that was also the decisive step

The GAP (ring to cage gap) is the primary lock of the device & also gives them the necessary grip / support. Both testie ring & gap make stay the device in the right position. Frequently most of the discomfort is caused not only from a too small ring, but also from a too small gap. That can cause great pains on the basis of the penis & the head of the ballsack. One of the reasons of this discomfort is the natural up & down movement of the ball/sack. You cannot & should not stop that. Remember, you don’t need to go against the nature / your body. You have to give the ballsack the right space in chastity. Since I did that, I have also no major pain with a full bladder. Chastity is still possible without senseless pains or injuries. For more security finally you should to have a genital piercing, but everyone has to decide themselves

Unfortunately, there are none good way to measure for gap, but 3/8” up to 10 mm works best for most of “male”. This is not a problem with plastic devices with a set of testie rings & spacers. It is more difficult with a metal device. In this case, trying out with a low price plastic device can be helpful to find the right size of ring & gap for a good fitting. In both cases, take your time, do not be impatient, especially if it´s your first device. The body needs time to adapt & you take some days to determine the right combination. Once properly fitted, you can replace the plastic version with a metal device, if you wish. In both cases a piercing is recommended

Here some personal experiences in choosing a metal device with piercing lock

Cage length * choose the length of the cage as short as possible, that´s very important so the piercing does not hurts. Remember, every chaste penis shrinks a little bit in the flaccid state with time

Cage diameter * yes, get one that allows it to move around and chub up in there in the flaccid state

Base ring * only a solid ring. The size will be determinate in accordance with the gap. Stay a little larger as the smallest comfortable size, do not bee too small, more normal. The practice with a plastic device is helpful

Gap * the gap distance will be determinate in accordance with the ring size. Normally a gap of 10mm is comfortable. The practice with a plastic device is helpful to find the right distance

I hope that´s helpful. For me personally since I found the right fitting of gap in accordance with the other pieces I get a perfect chastity device

Chris

bob lazaaaaar likes this.
  24. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    I hope you don't mind me pouncing on as well. I've been spending a lot of time working on designs, and you hit it on the mark - the GAP is crucial! You mentioned a guide of 10mm as a norm, which is the distance from the base ring to the cage ring. One thing that needs to be taken into account is the base ring size as the opening is not straight up and down (unless you have a 35mm ring) and the measurement along the angle is the critical one, which is not something that is often given in off-the shelf designs

As you mention, this is not something that can be measured and it is difficult to get right. I've attached an image of a custom cage I recently designed that gives many of the measurements - the owner requested a smaller ball space than originally presented (the 13+mm measurement). For me, that measurement needs to be around 16mm or so to keep circulation going. There are a bunch of different ways to get that measurement to change in the design, but you have to know your target first, which is the hardest part. How many men will take calipers to their balls to get it right? :)

Attached Files:

25. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This was about beginners trying to buy a cage, so one of the reasons I was so short on that description was that gap is not an option on almost any mass produced metal cages.

One thing I didn’t mention because mostly I thought it was something that you would see...but length of your penis makes a difference with security and slipping off. I am pretty short and if my gap isn’t small enough I will slip through the gap. I am pierced now so that isn’t an issue, but if you buy a cheap cage with a huge gap and your not long, you’ll slip out.

newandold likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice