Cage Size?

Discussion in 'Male Chastity Now' started by janderson32151, Nov 30, 2017.

1. janderson32151

janderson32151 Active member

Local Time:
    5:35 PM
    I'm a little confused about what size cage I should order. Obviously I don’t want to be able to escape but I don't want the cage to injure me either. Is there another aspect I'm not considering?

My measurements while flaccid are:
    Cock length - 4 inches
    Cock circumference - 5 inches
    Cock and ball base circumference (around my cock and behind my balls) - 9 inches

Based on other's experience I will appreciate any advice.

2. muttlyvb

muttlyvb Long term member

Virginia Beach, VA
    Local Time:
    6:35 PM
    How did you measure the circumference? did you use a piece of string or yarn? I ask because with 9 inch around the area your cock and balls attache to your body would be a base ring that is about 2 7/8"

That would be a very big ring

As for cage you are looking for a cage slightly less than 4 inches if that is your relaxed size and 1 1/2 in wide.

Just my opinion based on your provided measurements.

3. janderson32151

Local Time:
    Thanks, I used a tape measure.

4. muttlyvb

muttlyvb Long term member

Virginia Beach, VA
    Local Time:
    Use a piece of string mark it and measure it. If you use a tape unless a cloth one it may not be flexible enough to give a good measurement.

5. janderson32151

Local Time:
    I used a nylon tape like a taylor uses. It doesn't strech and is very flexible. The entire tape made contact with my cock and balls each time I measured.

6. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Pretty interested to hear suggestions for this as well, in regard to the base ring. We used the same method with tailor's tape. My pet's measurements are quite similar to yours, and I've also been told that's a pretty large ring.

New to devices so, even though everyone's different I'm not sure where 'average' cage measurements fall.

Mash2214 and slave_m like this.
  7. janderson32151

Local Time:
    Others have told me the base measement is large but as I understand, the actual diameter I use should be smaller. I don't consider my cock big.

8. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    i would put your finger inside the tape when measuring up to the first knuckle and pull till its very snug. I've never seen many devices with a ring over 2".

9. janderson32151

Local Time:
    Thanks. I’m going to buy some rings at the hardware store tomorrow and find my true size.

Breathe and guest 2942 like this.
  10. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    He did the same this evening - looking forward to the first sleep test tonight! Interested to know your results. Good luck.

11. janderson32151

Local Time:
  12. janderson32151

Local Time:
    The two inch ring fits with just a little pinching under my ball sac. I’m able to slowly pull it off but I think with the ball trap function a cage will be very secure as long as the gap between the base ring and cage is narrow enough. The only smaller ring size available at the hardware store was 1.5 inches and and I can’t get my testicles thru it.

13. guest 2942

Local Time:
    most standard sizes provided on the cheap devices are 1.5, 1.75, & 2". the 1.75 wouldn't work for me so I ended up with a custome device at 1.83. That little bit can make a big difference. So just keep that in mind when looking for a comfortable device. The cage gap's main function is so that your balls cant slip in-between and come off. 3/8 is the most common size I believe but some do require a custom size.

janderson32151 likes this.
  14. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Yeah, pet had the same issue yesterday. No 1.75's in metal or rubber rings available in store. I was a little surprised. Although, I had to giggle when I thought of what his face must have looked like when he was told "... those ... diameters aren't typically manufactured for the plumbing stuff you're looking for." :D

He's been wearing a 2" metal ring for Me all weekend as practice, and I think it's working out nicely so far. Definitely needs to be just a bit tighter, though.

So, was this an oval or circular ring, where that ~0.08 made a big difference?

Would anyone suggest getting oval rings in just a bit larger diameter than a circular ring you'd use for the same device? Do I have that backwards? Or is that measurement just static between shapes?

So many choices for shopping... o_O:) This is fun.

Panda2010 and slave_m like this.
  15. guest 2942

Local Time:
    Honestly I dont know that the minuscule difference really mattered. The thing that is difficult, especially her in michigan, is that weather can really affect the size and shape of the male genitals. And on top of that being locked up for a while can actually make things shrink, albeit very minor changes(they do revert to normal after a few days being unlocked). So yes in general its hard to pick a permanent size but you need to be in the general area for comfort. Some days it may feel snug, other days sort of loose. So no I dont think that size difference is really that important its just what I settled on as at the time 1.75 seemed a little too tight.

As for the ring shape I have tried an oval once and didnt notice any more comfort. Most of my devices have circular rings. Though to be honest my favorite device has no ring, its just a tube held in place with a piercing. this allows for night time erections(which some disagree with lol) which allows me to sleep with no interruptions.

I dont have any easy answers as far as shopping for the right device except to say that be prepared to buy a few before you find the right one. This is why I usually recommend trying the cheap knock offs first and see what you like before spending big money on a custom one.

bondinchas and Breathe like this.
  16. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Thanks for that input, @ineverknew. I think it'll be valuable. That's a pretty good point - should be able to get his smallest dimensions this time of year, especially with him living in Canada!

He seems to wear a circular one comfortably so far. I imagine we'll collect a few base rings along the way, so I'm thinking we'll start with the 'classic' option.

Not going to start off by spoiling him with any free erections, though. ;) We're both pretty psyched about a specific cage. Definitely more restrictive than the one you just described!

Would getting two base rings 1/4 inch apart be a good range to start with? I feel like 1/2 would be too much, and 1/8 wouldn't be enough to make a difference.

... I can only imagine how many times this has been discussed in this forum.

slave_m likes this.
  17. guest 2942

Local Time:
    for sure ha ha.

yes i know a lot of women really enjoy the aspect of no erections. I think most guys do to.

if its a cheap option that you add when buying the device, sure. But really just getting close with your measurements and trying it out for a while and then reassessing if changes need to be made is good too.

Ad nauseam....but thats ok. Thats what were all her for, to help :)

Breathe likes this.
  18. sissyassslut

sissyassslut Active member

Oklahoma
    Local Time:
    as small as you can tolerate

19. BecomingWife's

BecomingWife's New member

Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    Did you end up resolving this issue, and if so what device & size did you end up with. I have identical cock length and base circumference measurements. I too am wondering what a good base ring size is for a custom device, and whether my existing 2" rings on non-custom products are unecessarily uncomfortable.

20. MaleChastityNow

MaleChastityNow Custom made toys for naughty boys (& sissies too!)

Chastity Device Maker
    Seattle, WA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    Forget about using a flexible tape measure or any sort of string to determine your base ring size. I say this because I've made too many devices with improperly fitting base rings for people who insist on using such methods.

You need to use an inexpensive test ring that is approximately the same thickness and shape as the one on the custom device you intend to order. Anything different is going to fit and wear differently. The test ring must remain comfortable for 24 to 48 hours. If there's any discomfort, then the ring size is incorrect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice