Belief?!?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Madamebellestoy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    7:56 PM
    Glenmorangie is a fine choice, my Wife's favourite. Tain, where Glenmorangie is made, is a beautiful part of the world. Unfortunately the distillery isn't one you can visit, or at least it wasn't when we visited the area many years ago. We did however visit the distillery where Oban is made, and that is another fine dram.

As for belief when it comes to visitors to this forum, that is something we have to make our own decisions about. I don't mind admitting that I did have my doubts at what @Mash2214 was writing a while back, but now I don't. You might exaggerate a bit, I don't know, embellish might be a better word, but I believe what you write. I'm not accusing you of anything by the way, I enjoy your journal and hope you keep updating it for a long time to come.

The reason I changed my mind about the truth behind the journal is quite simple. It all boils down to consistency. Not only is the journal being updated regularly over a long period of time, there is no deviation from the story. I haven't ever read something and thought hang on, a few pages ago you said... and thought that something written disagreed with another post from earlier. Mash also writes about uncomfortable experiences, about doubts and also answers questions and engages with those of us who post replies. It also isn't written in a frantic tone which is one thing that turns me away from a post faster than anything else.

Mash2214 and Madamebellestoy like this.
  2. Madamebellestoy

Madamebellestoy Long term member

Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    Yes yes this is the biggest most beautiful thread, it the greatest thread I will tell you most beautiful ever, very tremendous the most tremendous thread you will have ever read. It is unbelievable how wonderful this thread is you just can't believe how great this thread is.... tremendous.... tremendous...... believe me i feel very bigly that there has never been a thread as great as this.

3. Mash2214

Mash2214 Locked today, tomorrow, forever

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    8:11 AM
    I should say Thank You for Believing in me but this is the wrong place to say that B word. Ha Ha I will say this. I have tried to reflect my emotions and feelings of what has been going on in my life over the past months with regards to my commitment to my Wife. As you have already noticed writing and spelling were never my better subjects I was always more of a numbers kind of guy. To be able to share and not be Judged because I'm a little different is the reason I continue sharing my experiences. I've tried the Oban but it wasn't one of my favourite.

Breathe, sissybitch and Jasmic68 like this.
  4. Madamebellestoy

Madamebellestoy Long term member

Local Time:
    Being a little different is what makes us all the same. ;) you are in good company here.........

Beleives me

Pietje12, sissybitch and Mash2214 like this.
  5. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    Well @Mash2214 at least your spelling mistakes are consistent :D (the one that springs to mind is you remove 'clothes' not 'cloths'.)

Mash2214 likes this.
  6. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    2:11 PM
    Apologies then - as I occasionally use my modness to correct Mash's spelling - only where it jars the eye a bit. Hope no-one minds.

Regarding belief of what others write - I'm sure you've all come across Maria's diary? It's insane - and for my money as true as anything in our own lives, just possibly a tad more perverse. I was reminded of it by some of Mash's situations a while back - you never quite know how things will develop once an idea has been planted.
    Anyway - do have a read if you haven't. http://www.mariasdiary.com/

sissybitch and Mash2214 like this.
  7. Mash2214

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    Oooops I also need to check things before I post them. Thanks clothes :)

sissybitch likes this.
  8. Mash2214

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    Here's one for you to laugh about. In grade 4 I was cheating on a spelling test. I got 75%. At math I got 100% with no cheating. What can I say

Breathe, Pietje12 and sissybitch like this.
  9. sissybitch

sissybitch Long term member

engine development engineer
    north wales uk
    Local Time:
    Hi all , I have been reading the post's here with interest , I take what people post on this site at face value , I don't personally know them so have no real reason or foundation to not believe what they post , even on the limited occasions when I do read something that may make me think twice I still cannot condemn it as fiction because it is only my opinion of it and that does not make it untrue , the very nature of the site lends itself open to post's of an unusual or different content ,
    With regard to @Mash2214 I have followed his journal from the very start and always found it to be a very interesting and open account of part of his life and experiences and would like to thank him for his contribution to the site , and I have never at any point thought it to be unbelievable or untrue ,
    Just to close , if drinks are on the table make mine a bottle , oh sorry I meant double :):)

SubVerity and Mash2214 like this.
  10. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I believe some of what is written in this forum.
    With regard to fictional postings, the very fact that someone has thought to post their fantasy means that somewhere someone else is sure to have made it a reality. Which is interesting.

I've visited the Glenmorangie distillery by the way @Jasmic68

Pietje12 and Mash2214 like this.
  11. Mash2214

Business Owner, servant
    Canada
    Local Time:
    I believe, oops theirs that B word again. I B that what you say is very true someone else's fantasy will become a reality for someone else. For example I never would have tried a cage with a tube if I hadn't read about it here first.

I do find it interesting that @Jasmic68 says you can't visit the Glenmorangie distillery and than @Mascara^Snake Ms Amanda says she has. Is this because one person only looks like a beautiful women and the other one Is a beautiful women. And has used her power and beauty to "Go where no man has Gone Before" . I B That I'm reading to much into this it was probably just a different time and different situation. I've never visited a Scotch Distillery before but I know my Mistress would love it as Scotch next to Red wine is her drink of choice. I'm more of a Rum kind of guy but do enjoy trying new things. Any Suggestions? Just Kidding

Pietje12 likes this.
  12. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    We tried to visit the Glenmorangie distillery in about 1990 but back then it didn't have a visitor center. I was surprised given how popular it was/is so I'm not surprised it has one now.

Pietje12 likes this.
  13. Pietje12

Pietje12 A champion was a contender who refused to give up.

Local Time:
    3:11 PM
    Awesome thread, thank you @Jasmic68 @Mash2214 @Madambellestoy and others! Don't rule out the effect of conditioning the mind. I learned English as a foreign language - you learn the words, the grammar and proceed to communication and forgetting the underlying rules for that language at the same time. In this case I would have expected: "I cheated on a spelling test." My mind is conditioned to reject such a sentence, although I'm probably wrong. Does it matter? No. I will read your journal though after these recommendations.

Off topic: Apparently when someone writes I'll instead of I will it means he/she will for real in contrast to I will which is a strong indicator he/she won't. I'll.

14. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    Surely it is up to the reader whether what She/he reads is believable. In an unending universe, anything is possible.

15. Living Curious

Living Curious Long-term lockee

Restoration and Reconstruction
    Colorado
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    That's because you're not from New Hampshire where we have Vermin Supreme (his actual name) run for office all the time:
    https://www.theodysseyonline.com/who-is-vermin

16. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I hadn't read Maria's diary, or even heard of it. It truly is a game changer. It has made me very happy to have what I have got, to have a Wife who loves me and explained to me why having sex with other men would never happen. A Wife who took control and became an amazing keyholder even though she had no idea what she was doing when we started, or even why we were doing it. A Wife who has pushed me further than I ever imagined but not past my limits.

I got turned on reading Maria's diary but had no doubt that I could never endure what her husband endures, and if ever did have an encounter with Maria, highly unlikely as I do not move in the correct social circles, I would be chewed up and spat out a wrecked husk.

I posted a status a few days away in which I said I felt that any wannabe cuck should be made to sit down and read the diary from beginning to end. Maybe they would be even more frantically trying to convince their wife to do the same thing to them but maybe, just maybe, they will have realised what a dangerous game they are playing and step away from the self destruct button.

As for belief, I do believe that the diary is real. It is far too well written, too well maintained, too consistent to be fiction. So as far as I am concerned there is a woman out there, calling herself Maria for the sake of her chosen lifestyle, having the most incredible sex while denying and humiliating her husband in ways that make me question everything I am doing and why I do it.

If you have a spare week or so I highly recommend you read it. The journey of sexual exploration it records is truly incredible. Thank you @SubVerity for sharing the link, it really was an eye opener.

17. bethanise

bethanise Long term member

retired
    Massacusetts, USA
    Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    Yes, thank you, Subverity. I have been reading Maria's diary since I read your post, and while I have absolutely no desire to participate in anything like that, the fantasies it gives me make my cage get tight (lol).

18. the odd tease

the odd tease Long term member

North America
    Local Time:
    ...hey, if you want to be a leaf, then, be a leaf...

[oh, erm, yeah, I'll get my coat]

Breathe likes this.
  19. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I have finished the diary and now I am reading the gallery posts. They are, if anything, even more outrageous than the diary posts are!

20. SeeMeFeelMe

Attorney
    California
    Local Time:
    You're right Nicoftime, there's no reason to ask someone to believe you unless there's an obvious reason not to believe them :D

21. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    A lot of lets call them sayings are inheirited or instilled during our early years and would be difficult to drop even if we recognised them all.
    believe me .. trust me.. to tell you the truth... moving on.... the way forward.. and countless others ..they dont really mean anything .. if you encounter thm don't let them spoil your day.

22. DoesasTold

DoesasTold Long term member

Security Systems
    Upstate / NY
    Local Time:
    Maybe sometimes get the feeling that people they talk to are a bit apprehensive in nature and when they are going say something to them that sounds out there but its true they say "Believe me when I tell you" because they have a feeling you will disregard them if they don't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice