Designing a chastity device from a vanilla female perspective

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by L-u-c-y, Sep 6, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    You are exactly right, if you stopped 100 average women on the street and showed them a metal chastity cage and asked them what they think it is they would probably think a medieval torture device, like something they would have in Game Of Thrones to torture their worst enemy!

Look at womens sex toys, they look smooth, clean and colourful. Metal and barbaric does not fit the bill, unless you are into BDSM.

I would guess most members of this site are into BDSM in some way, so maybe you cannot see it from the point of view of someone who is outside of that scene.

Imagine if devices did look more like this they would probably fly off the shelves in Ann Summers stores.

The reason I am thinking of all this is because of all the "How can I get my wife interested in chastity?" threads. If a wife has an interest in BDSM she'll be open minded to the traditional devices, if she doesn't, then this is a good way to pique her interest.

cup-and-support-protex-jock-1000x1000.jpg

2. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    sounds like you want to hide the nuts and bolts of a secure chastity device behind an appealing facade? Sounds reasonable but that IMO will really only make things worse for the male. The genitalia needs to breathe, keeping it covered and closed up will not only smell bad but can cause infections.

3. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    There are already a few devices and belts that cover it all up, they seem to work.

4. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Maybe something like this? Although I thik it could use a few design changes. https://www.amazon.com/YiFeng-Polycarbonate-Chastity-Restraint-Bondage/dp/B01DJXKP72

Hobgoblin169 likes this.
  5. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
  6. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    if i recall correctly the original manufacturer of that device went out of business. Not sure why though. They had several devices designed like that one. I always wanted to try the device but many said they trouble urinating because the device bent your penis in a 90 degrees straight down. Obviously most devices have a gradual curve downward but this one was drastic. So not sure that it would work as is, definitely would need some design change.

7. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    If you look lot at the surveys, a lot of "vanilla" women are happy to do bedroom kink. For them, there's no point in making a device that doesn't look kinky. What probably matters is that it should look good and, most importantly, not look like anything they might snag themselves on. So black plastic with magic lockers is in - Holy Trainer 2 or the Custom Chastity magic locker - and metal and padlocks is out.

For more long term wear, you still have the problem of security. Design a device that is at least escape-evident, and then you might have something of more mainstream interest.

As for why male chastity become more mainstream would be good: primarily, it would make life easier for men like us! However, the more mainstream the kink, the more and better devices will be available.

guest 2942 likes this.
  8. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    What about something along these lines though I am not sure how it could be locked on, it woul dprobably have to be more rigid lik eth ereinhold at least in part.
    [​IMG] Its a gaff.. one of many .. heres some more https://www.hourglassfigure.co.uk/gaffs-279-c.asp

It should not deter too many ladies new to TTTWD but it may scare some of the guys a little.

FetishTools likes this.
  9. ata

ata Active member

Denmark
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:56 AM
    buckle talk
    Now, BDSM is not entirely for everyone.
    but I think that all slaves should be in chastity belts / cages ... but I personally think it's only belts I think there's too much freedom in the cage and jock strap and that in leather saves everything down there ...
    That's why I also have a neosteel belt and I think fictitious it's more enjoyable to wear for a long time ... 24/7 and in that time the ruler decides ..
    if the belt is made to fit the slave he can not pull out ..
    but you can almost cheat on everything .. but it's not part of my play

10. Southern Sissy

Southern Sissy New member

Local Time:
    3:56 AM
    I've used that cage before as it was sold. Then again when held up by a jockstrap and panty (separate times)

11. Coolhandluke

Coolhandluke Active member

United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    My wife doesn't like my cage (MM Jailbird) but she likes what it does which is why she insists I'm locked in it.

A more "Vanilla" friendly design would be great for those among us whose wives aren't perhaps as open minded as wives / keyholders are.

borbulls1961, 1mlockedup and L-u-c-y like this.
  12. Metalman

Metalman Long term member

New York
    Local Time:
    An interesting subject. I don't really see how to make it more appealing though.
    I thing some efforts have been made: nicer materials, smoother designs, colors...

Now as many said, hiding it altogether would make it uncomfortable and unhygienic...

It's all a question of education in the end. If you had shown any mainstream vibrators or sex toys to women 50 years ago, many of them would have run away. The fact that a chastity device doesn't look good is highly subjective. It looks different, therefore weird, and therefore bad... that's the way our bias generally work...

There are problems beyond look though:
    1. Women are still educated to be submissive; Whether they admit it or not, a majority of women are still looking for a man to protect them, make them feel secure, etc... Chastity immediately gives them the complete opposite feeling.
    2. Women are still educated with a lot of shame toward sexuality, and some sexual adventures are just too much.
    3. And there are all the men that absolutely would not want to be locked up. I'm sure there are still a few of them out there :p

All that said, i think It is much better for a woman to be introduced to it by another woman, than by a male.

zorglub likes this.
  13. Eludia

Eludia Junior Member

Florida
    Local Time:
    This is a great idea. I would totally go for it. I've actually looked for medications that can produce a similar effect. Other than SSRIs which dull the libido I've found nothing that works like this.

14. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    Rather than a vanilla suitable chastity cage, many vanilla women would probably be more turned on a man who has some self-control without a cage, and doesn't masturbate behind her back.

15. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    This is undoubtedly true, but also probably extremely rare. After I became ensnared (willingly) in a chastity based relationship I explored all forms of orgasm control. We aren't the only ones doing this. There are also karezza forms of sex where the idea is to reach a peak of arousal without triggering an orgasm and also eastern mystic practices of male orgasm control that use age and season as factors. Neither use a chastity device. Both rely on the willing participation of the male and, more importantly, their level of self control.

The issue for me is that while for a week, maybe two, no masturbating is now actually very easy, but before wearing my device I would have masturbated at least twice a week if not more. I needed help to rewire my brain and learn the benefit of orgasm denial and control. Also as you get further into a period of denial that self control gets harder and harder.

So while I know that a device is only as strong as the self control of the person wearing it it does act as a reminder of the pact I have made with my Wife. The key might be symbolic but it is a powerful symbol.

16. 1mlockedup

1mlockedup Active member

Rail Transportation
    New York
    Local Time:
    I think my Wife / KH likes the visual aspect of seeing the cage controlling me.

17. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Definitely true for us.

1mlockedup likes this.
  18. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    Yep, me too. She doesn't particularly like the look of the cage but what it represents she likes a lot.

1mlockedup likes this.
  19. Metalman

New York
    Local Time:
    I will ask my key holder what she thinks.

My best friend (a girl) saw it once. She is pretty vanilla, although not shy when it comes to sexuality, and certainly open minded.
    She thought it looked cool.

Also I have a vanilla GF (my wife and I are polyamorous) and as I'm currently locked, she will have to know soon. So I will take note of her reaction.

Finally, when it comes to making Chastity devices more vanilla friendly, i always found that the names for it sucked! Marketer call sexual objects "sex toys" with which you play. It is not innocent; words have power.

Chastity device... Chastity cage... those words will make listeners think : middle-ages / torture / Castration... not sexy...

Any ideas for better words?

20. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well the Metalman who sayed that lots of men wudnt be lock up in a cage is rigt i think. i seen lots that wudnt be.

21. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    Sorry to burst the bubble but this is just a toy, rubbish and unusable.

Lucy

22. Cecilia B

Cecilia B Long term member

Hotel Assistant Manager
    Local Time:
    I was a "vanilla" woman when I first got into this. I was the one who suggested it to my bf. One thing I saw about it right away was I could see My Property secured and under My Control. I liked seeing him locked up like that and only able to have any pleasure if I said he could. I liked seeing it on him and knowing I could get him to do things just to get me to take it off him. I like them the way they are and always have. It reminds both him and me who's in charge.

JackStrap, slave_m, Kepoke and 2 others like this.
  23. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    I think this is a bit of any oxymoron. IMO if a woman's interested in a chastity device for her male then she's no longer entirely vanilla!

But I see where you're at.
    A while ago Thatgirl posted a design (a bit fantasy) broadly of the cage (MM. Lori, etc). With various bells and whistles incorporated.

IMO the best way (yet to be devised) would be something like MM or Lori, but in titanium, printable in 3D and from a 3D photograph so ther'd be an exact fit every time and the device could be made in a very short time. Two locking points, a bit like the Lori 2A (or in MM type locking pin) with option of remote control lock and/or a unique security screw individually tailored ( the way KeyRex does it for vanilla use).
    As here

https://www.brycefastener.com/key-rex-tamper-proof-screws-bolts.html

24. Metalman

New York
    Local Time:
    I agree with you.
    We are talking about building a bridge with Vanilla women, but Chastity is not vanilla. Actually it would be considered as a pretty intense kink!
    Among my kinky friends many consider it weird, and there isn't many thing they consider weird...

Joroincharge likes this.
  25. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Imagine a vanilla woman who has a partner with a much higher sex drive, she could lock him up to stop him pestering her for sex. She would still be vanilla. She wouldn't get any sexual thrills out of it, it would just be practical for her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice