Rope Bondage

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Mistress Watchful, Jun 23, 2008.

Random Thread
  1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    newsub4a has posted some lovely pictures of rope bondage in his profile.

Does anyone else have the Knotty Boys book?

Does anyone else indulge in rope bondage? Where are the pictures!? :wink:

I'm off to search for a UK (or European) supplier of rainbow bondage ropes, because I can see me getting into this (or rather pet getting into it!) it looks amazing and must feel divine.

newsub... how long does it take to do the body corset and gloves? I guess this isn't something you want to rush... the whole process must be quite intimate and relaxing. :angel:

2. MasterG63

MasterG63 Senior Member

Local Time:
    I have studied Japanese Rope Bondage & it looks beautiful!

I will post some pix of my ropework on my album

xx

3. newsub4a

newsub4a Senior Member

Local Time:
    7:02 PM
    It does feel wonderful! As to colors, i believe you can get some white rope and die it whatever shade you like. Here is an example of what someone did with dyed rope (i think i am making one myself for Goddess to wield :tongue: )
    http://www.frugaldomme.com/frugal.htm

Ok, i can't get the link to go to the page i want. i have attached a picture below. To find it one the site follow the links to how to make your own toys and look for the rainbow flogger.

The whole process took maybe 45 minutes to an hour for the corset, gauntlets, grieves and cock. Goddess has done this several times to me and has gotten pretty quick at it now. For the first timers figure maybe an hour and a half if you have the stamina to pull all that rope!

Doing all that rope work tires your arms out pretty quick so you might just want to start small and work into things.

I do have to say that the knotty boys book is one of the best i have seen and i also hear that they have some videos on u-tube on how to tie some of the knots in the book (the double coin knot is pretty tricky to learn and i do know there is a video of that one).

Attached Files:

4. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ohh that flogger is so pretty!

I love the Knotty Boys book, I'm going to do a review on it. Probably this weekend when I'm relaxing in the hotel.

The picture below shows a brief attempt at the gloves bondage... I need to keep those slipknots closer together, and next time I will spend more time keeping it even.

(Yes.... I know charlotte has not dealt with hair removal yet! I've been keeping her occupied!)

Attached Files:

5. newsub4a

newsub4a Senior Member

Local Time:
    Rope tips and safety

i am sure a lot of folks active on this site have played with rope and know all the safety stuff i am going to spout out, but for the sake of those that are new to rope play i will jot down what i have learned in our short time with rope play.

i am of course not an expert and any additional information people have is not only welcome, but appreciated as well.

Tips:
    Best advice: Get a GOOD rope book and read it before buying or tying rope. Again, Two Knotty Boys is simply awesome.

When buying rope for beginners, look for SOLID braided Nylon rope. Diameters vary depending on what you want to use it for, but 3/8" works well for most ties. (sorry, i have no idea what the metric equivalent is or if metric is even used in rope sizes elsewhere in the world).

Another decent type of rope to buy is twisted nylon rope. Goddess has found it a little harder to work with because the rope tends to twist on Her more as She weaves it at the end of the corseting. It does leave some really cool rope patterns in the skin after you have been tied up a while though! :tongue:

The one type of rope to stay away from is braided rope (note that this is different than SOLID braided rope). Braided rope has a rope braid around a solid core of long filaments bound together. It is stiff and hard to tie, i have read that knots tend to slip more with this rope (important in suspension bondage) and over time the inner core tends to punch through the outer braiding. This type of rope is cheaper though and might be OK for a first time purchase if you want to test the waters with bondage.

Another note about braided rope: if you take the core out (and seal the ends) you will have a nice hollow braided rope that works well in some types of bondage and with certain knots because the rope will lay flat. This was information passed on to me by a rope "expert" and to be honest i do not know what type of bondage hollow braided rope would be best used for.

Rope sizes: So far we have found the following sizes work best for us:
    1/2" or larger: Rope corset on the body and suspension bondage. i actually used 11/16" towing rope (100').
    3/8": multi purpose rope can be used for just about everything. Useful lengths are 15' (making rope cuffs), 25-40' (gauntlets, grieves, rope panties and bras), 50' (grieves) and 100' (body bondage)
    5/16" about the same uses as 3/8", but not very practical for body bondage as the ropes are smaller and tend to bit more (particularly in suspension bondage).
    1/4": ? To small for real use in binding arms or body and too big for cock and all bondage. I forgot clothesline (the Cotton type, not the plastic stuff unless you are REALLY a sadist). Clothesline is super cheap and makes a good "throw away" bondage rope. It takes a lot to do anything fun with because it is so small in diameter and does not work for suspension at all (please us GOOD, THICK rope for suspension). Because it is cotton, it should also dye well...
    3/16": OK for use in CBT. I prefer 1/8", but mason's twine is 3/16" and comes in LOTS of pretty colors. It is also cheap :wink:
    1/8": good for use in CBT. At this size you will end up with the braided ploy rope with a core. I have not seen solid braided poly rope this small. However, parachute cord works really well at this size in CBT and i have never had an issue with the core breaking through the outside weave on it (and i have use parachute cord for years with camping, hiking and tie things down to my truck).

Note: Nylon or poly-nylon rope is soft while poly rope is hard and brittle, leaves splinters and is best used in boating applications.

Finishing the ends of ropes: The best thing for poly rope is to burn it and melt the ends together. Wear thick gloves and as the rope burns grab it and roll it in your fingers, putting out the fire and forming the hot, melted rope into a smooth tapered point (but not too pointy :xd: or it might poke you as you are getting tied up!)

Another good way is to whip stitch the ends http://www.ropeinc.com/pcr_tips.htm

Safety:
    I am running out of time, but some key points:

- Avoid crossing the ropes when doing bondage. This can create pressure points that can cut off blood supply and do nerve damage on certain parts of the body. Right now there a lot of people saying... you cross the ropes when you make knots. :eek:oh: Duh! The point was made not about making the knots, but rather to make sure the rope (and sometimes even the knots) lay flat and smooth against the body. The point is not to create a place in the opes that will cut blood supply at a dangerous level (blood flow is restricted during bondage) and also not to create points in the rope that will press into a nerve center on the body, harming the bondee.

- During bondage some discoloration will occur. Limbs and appendages will get a little darker in color and swell slightly over extended periods of time. What you need to watch for is purplish discoloration, numbness, the skin becoming cold and extreme swelling. If this occurs, loosen the ropes immediately as blood circulation has slowed or even stopped and cell damage is occurring. Perhaps the most important thing to watch for is the coldness, because that means that there is NO circulation and damage is occurring.

- Keep a pair of GOOD shears available. For smaller rope standard safety shears work fine, but on larger ropes safety shears will twist and bend. What was recommended to me was to take some heavy duty kitchen shears and grind down the point to make it round. You do not want to use anything with a point (knife or shears) that might stab the person being bound. In an emergency you do not want to have to search for the proper tool, it should be readily available and working properly.

Remember folks, if you break your toys you can't play with them until they are fixed! :kiss:

6. newsub4a

newsub4a Senior Member

Local Time:
    Very nice, Mistress Watchful!

A tip on doing arm bondage like that is to make a loop in the rope then put the arm through the loop. It's kind of like one loop of a corset. This helps keep the rope taught and hopefully keeps the rope from sliding down the arm.

Also, you know that you can do a gauntlet around BOTH arms at the same time, right? That would look so cool, especially up the legs also!

Oh goodness, i have such an idea.... corset up the legs, skip the C&B (has to be open for play) and continue the corset up the whole body! I am going to have to suggest that to Goddess :tongue:

7. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank you... I do look forward to doing that one properly, closer together.

Even though it is loose I was getting worried about discolouration, which is another reason I didn't continue further... pet is well trained in letting me know if anything hurts :crossedlips: or tingles :angel:

It is created with large slip knots that you do slip the arms into, then tighten the knot and the loops, then create the next slip knot.

Our shears are in with our book and our ropes. :bigsmile:

8. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:02 PM
    Very nice !!
    Excellent topic, Mistress Watchful and excellent information, newsub4a.

Rope bondage is something that we haven't done in such a long time. Mistress prefers the speed and ease of ringed, padded, leather cuffs. I like the ease and speed, too, and the comfort. And we both love the look and the scent. :tongue:

However, rope bondage offers possibilities that are limited only by one's knowledge, experience and creativity. We do have a set of ropes of varying lengths, about four hundred feet altogether, in a palette of black, red, white and blue that allows for some rather artistic endeavors, the red and black getting the most usage by far.

I have been threatened on occassion with being strung up in the front yard for the 4th of July in the red, white and blue rope, with sparklers strategically placed here and there. :sad:

Kinkish1

9. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm on the first plane in two weeks time!.... where are you again?!

10. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:02 PM
    I'd be honored to have you over...if you promise to bring a fire extinguisher and some salve for burns.

Oh!!...and if you don't bring a camera.

Kinkish1

11. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    5:02 PM
    I've seen tons of helpful videos by the Knotty Boys, but haven't read any book of theirs! Time to revisit, perhaps... :)

12. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    There is no end of excellent examples of rope work on Fetlife... just put on there to be viewed by any that care to look.

I used to work in a fetish club in which there were regular workshops on various themes, Shibari demos were given probably 3 or 4 times a year.

I also attended some rope workshops in Chesterfield and some others in London run by an Australian Rigger, oddly enough I deleted her phone number quite recently during a cellular clear out.

It is at times a very aesthetically pleasing art-form.

Breathe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice