Uploaded photos is to be approved from now on...

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Jens, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    9:04 AM
    What is a chastity image ?

I read a lot about this is only for images of chastity but what are they and how do you disconnect all the other things around what ever this pure ideal is.

For most members chastity is most definitely their one and only facet of their physical fun . For quite a few it is an end point of a lot of convergent paths.
    I would also suspect that for very many it is dislike of their boy bits . Most guys (and girls ) want the biggest hardest willy to have fun with . Thus if you don't and go to the extreme of locking it away at one level to completely out of sight in a full belt I would say you have some degree of Dysphoria with your male body.

This is why I am asking how and what are people talking about "only chastity " what do you mean by this.

Yes chastity represented by some dry pasta on a plate is a meal ,but a very frugal meal as far as your taste buds would see it. However cooked with a nice meat balls sauce melted cheese all over as in bondage , heels a nice frilly frock a large strapon. Do you get my drift ?
    There is way more to putting your boy bits out of action than meets the eye a lot more . Thus why people are interested in CM is a book with many pages .

Xx Wendy

maid_carrie and Mistress Jules like this.
  2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Well that's put me off my dinner.

Mascara^Snake and Ganymede like this.
  3. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    10:04 AM
    #53 Jens, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Writing from my mobile - so this will be a short comment- I hate writing on mobiles;-)

Holly- We are not to have a one-dimensional approach to chastity - no way.
    We are to include many flavors - also for those who dislikes their manhood..
    We are however to try and sectionize CM to make it easier to label and locate the various flavors.
    Right now I am working on providing such structural capabilities - but have not yet decided in detail on the structure.
    I will have to consult with good people like yourself:)
    Jens

AlanThom and L-u-c-y like this.
  4. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Let me make one thing very clear to all:

I am thinking of exchanging the slogan: "Be careful what you wish for..." With "The Google of Male Chastity".

I am however not thinking of making a new slogan like: "The Google of Fetishes".

Fetlife comes to mind as the best place to fit in such a slogan. Apart from the fact that "The Google of..." Is not something that anybody can live up to - in terms of design and ethics....

I hope we can...

5. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    5:04 AM
    C'mon, is that the best you can do? Disappointing

RGL likes this.
  6. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    I dont think we can use the word google like that. I think its a registered trademark.

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  7. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Perhaps not, but You get the idea of where we are heading.....

Ganymede and richard like this.
  8. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Lol
    The point I am trying to make is people are over thinking how to define a veritable banquet of tastes.

Just keep it simple max no of images to keep the band with down and only your own image of which your the author and thus copyright owner .

Xx Wendy

RGL and Mistress Jules like this.
  9. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    If you join a forum about cars you don't expect to see photos of trains in the gallery. Should all forms of wheeled transport be featured? Nah, stick to cars.

10. HollyC

HollyC Active member

Local Time:
    I agree with Lucy. I don't see why we should indulge certain male users storing dozens of pictures of captioned naked women on this site. It isn't in anyway relevant or useful. Some of them are rather degrading. Actual relevant pics will be here on CM as ever.

steviepie, L-u-c-y, Ganymede and 2 others like this.
  11. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    That is a good point, and I keep wondering why a person in a bee outfit is on a chastity site. ;)

We do though each have our own way of integrating chastity into our lives, and we are each as different from one another as it is possible to be so it should be no surprise that the images we might wish to post may resonate chastity for us in ways that are indecipherable to another person.

This is the course we must steer in moderating these galleries, and we may ask questions of people on the above in time, and we may make mistakes. But we will extend a view that is quite wide and encompassing. Where there are images that we feel abuse CM or it's members we may enquire with a member to justify their image/s, and take appropriate action, but glancing around the more recent uploads of the past few weeks there is very little that I would take issue with. A few perhaps, but very few.

RGL likes this.
  12. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I'll Gladly delete any photos of mine that do not feature chastity in some way :) But not unilaterally

Ganymede, Jens, HollyC and 1 other person like this.
  13. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure unilateral comes into it - but lets cross that bridge when we get to it. :)

14. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Ok. Let's try common sense. Ten pics allowed. Males (xy) then penis in some sort of device, done. Females (xy) then 10 pics of any subject matter they choose. Orientation determined by gonosomes so no areas of gray. If you're a sissy and want to show your wardrobe then make sure your locked cocked is in the pic. Thank you for your time.

15. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Now I'm sure you're taking the micky here, but just to be sure, you're not suggesting the above is the way you think we should do it are you?

I hope not anyway.

16. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Sorry, using phone. That would be FEMALES (XX)......sorry

17. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Not sure what micky is about but seems everyone gets a little and gives up a little

SubVerity likes this.
  18. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    Boy, she's pissed off. Uh oh,can I say that? Hmmmmmmm, I believe the lady is taking umbrage with the aforementioned content in this thread.(that's better)

19. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Love this !
    That definition of what you can post will go down well . If you are a boy you must have your willy showing !!!!
    Should sit very well with the no dicks pictures because it puts off the girls . Which is what this is mostly about .

Xx Wendy

Mistress Jules likes this.
  20. sillymaid

sillymaid <--- that's me....

Local Time:
    I'm getting confused... what is wanted? Is to get rid of non original material? And to stop mass storage of wank fodder, quite ironic, but I agree.

21. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Basically....yes. :)

AlanThom likes this.
  22. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    On a similar matter, why do all the photos in your album have nothing to do with chastity? :) And why do you have a misleading female avatar? Surely that image is copyrighted. :)

I am deleting all of my photos that are not chastity related.

lockit likes this.
  23. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    People seem to be leaping to an idea that any image must now have a chastity device in it. There is wider scope than that.

I wasn't questioning your bee costume, merely wondering.

I'm away for a week now, I'm sure it'll all be fine.

RGL likes this.
  24. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Well, hasn't this been a lot of fun!

As usual, whenever any serious discussion about how best to organize this place is started, the intelligent comments get sneered at or drowned out by the sarcastic or hysterical ones. What I don't see anyone talking about is any clarification of the issues. I'll probably regret this, (and I'm sure others will, as well), but let me try:

What are the issues that Admin is trying to deal with? In no particular order, they are as follows -

1. Non-original material - Everybody enjoys a good meme, or a clever caption, etc. But too much of anything is not always good. Some members have nothing but images purloined from other sites. Why? Is it really required? It could be a copyright issue, but it's probably a problem on CM due more to space or non-relevancy than copyright. I don't think anyone here is really opposed to the idea of having a striking or clever image in a gallery, but a few members are spoiling it for everyone else. Should non-original images be banned or not? Moderated or not? Limited or not? That's the question here. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that a little is fine, but if it gets out of hand, we can live without it, can't we?

2. Non-relevant material -
    As has been stated before, this is a Chastity site, not a fetish site. Some people don't associate chastity with any other fetish, others can't separate them. Whether you can or can't isn't relevant here. Crossdressing is #1 on this list, followed closely by bondage (and physical abuse, humiliation, et al). Should members be allowed to devote acres of screen space to showing off their frilly bits or rope burns, or not? Again, some members have gone so far overboard that they risk having the privilege withdrawn completely. As I've stressed in other threads, nobody is interested in censoring different flavours of chastity; but let's not pretend it gets ridiculous to see maybe 40 images of the same man dressed in skirts, bikinis, evening gowns, maid's outfits, high heels, etc. without any sign of a chastity device. Start a Tumblr and link to it if you want to show off your wardrobe that badly. Same thing with abuse of women in a non-chastity setting, or overt objectifying of same. My opinion here is that I would be a little stricter in this area than with non-original material. Believe it or not, not everybody wants to see a grown man in a diaper lying in an oversize crib. Or blood. Or fecal material. Or cigarette burns. Or...

3. Site limitations - Even with the improvements Admin has made (and continues to make), this site is not infinite. Storage space and bandwidth (not band with, as some have mislabeled it) have limits, and can be costly. Your collection of "100 fav chastity captions from the Internet" is just wasting resources that Admin has to deal with, mainly in paying to continually expand the available memory and CPU processing time. There's been a fair amount of whining in this thread about 'censorship' of images, but it's easy to take advantage of what you're not paying for every month. I don't see any problem with providing a maximum gallery limit available to each member, such as 6 or 10 images (or whatever number). If you want additional space after that, pay for it, like many other sites. Kick in your five Euros (or Dollars, Pounds, etc.) a month and expand it to whatever (50? 100? Unlimited?).

4. Organization - Admin has now asked everyone to organize images into categories. And the screams begin. If this had been included in CM from the beginning, nobody would question it now. It's not going to be difficult to do, and it might provide you with a chance to weed through your images and maybe discard or update some. I don't see the downside to this; in fact it can have significant upsides. Those who wish to wade through like for like can indulge to their heart's content. Those who wish to not see some areas can happily avoid them. And this is wrong how? Once images are sorted into categories, it might be possible to do things like block certain categories for different member levels. For instance, there's a lot of talk about shielding vanilla women from pages of dick-pics. Why not block that category until a member reaches a particular post count? This way, they get time to get used to the Mansion, and a sense of what to expect. It's got to be better than the visual assault that women have repeatedly stated they don't enjoy. I would not be surprised if this had not already occurred to Admin, and in fact been a reason to implement it.

5. Moderation & privacy - The idea of controlling the images allowed on CM is good, in principle. But is it workable? Some members have raised privacy concerns; if you're that worried about privacy, why are you uploading the image to your gallery in the first place? I think this is a red herring; is anyone surprised that Admin can view any album? Really? The need to moderate private albums is redundant; why approve images that are not going to be available to the entire Mansion? It's just more work that does not need to be done, in my opinion. I also don't think moderation is a good idea in the gallery as a whole; it's a lot more effort to put on what are basically unpaid volunteers. I would suggest instead that we rely on members to report any images they see that might be a problem, just as they can do now with posts. A mod can investigate and a decision can be reached based on whatever guidelines are in place. This seems like an obviously better solution than having mods sift through dozens or hundreds of images, en masse.

Now, is there anything I've missed? We could mention avatars; it should be clear that dick-pics are not allowed when members sign up. Then all current avatars should to conform to this rule by a certain date or be removed by a mod. And enforce it this time.

Banner images would be exempt from any gallery limits, but could also be reported if deemed offensive or overtly graphic, etc.

And, anyone who abuses reporting of images (because they like to cause trouble or type with their thumb up their ass, etc.) may find themselves in hot water if they repeatedly complain about another member for no good reason, don't like a particular flavour of chastity, etc. We all know there are people out there with grudges or some sort of axe to grind; let's not have them try to game the system.

Anything else? I've inserted my opinions, but I think the main thing is that we need to be clear about the relevant issues first, then discuss how best to proceed. You may agree or not with my thinking in these areas; that's fine. But at the moment I don't think the various points are outlined properly; hopefully this will help.

SubVerity, danleft1, Jens and 3 others like this.
  25. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    Sorry to be a bit daft, but how do you delete an album? I was able to delete the pictures within an album, but for the life of me, I can't find anything to ditch the (now empty) album itself

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice