Donations...............!

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by BlueEyes, Sep 7, 2015.

1. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    7:43 AM
    #1 BlueEyes, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015

CM runs on dedicated servers, and the forum software is much more than a single Xenforo license. There is add-ons that gives extra functionality that we all have come to love. Even more will come to light and to the benefit of all.

Expenses

1. I have paid a considerable sum - the size of it I will not disclose - but a sum for having the responsibility for holding this non-profit generating site in the air...
    2. The server fee on the dedicated server at wired tree.com is right now 70 dollars a month. I like to look into this. We might get it cheaper, but it seems as if some if it is support fees...., so it is not black or white....
    3. The domain is 27.90 dollars a year
    4. The Xenforo software license needed renewal- ( 200 dollars - one time fee- until next time (!))
    5. All of the current Xenforo add-ons that has been installed on the CM installation is approx 45 dollars a month in subscription - to keep us updated.
    6. The server load indicates peak hours above 95 % - 110 % server load. Number of active users is on display on site for all to see. It varies...
    7. The user base is plus 25000, out of them approx. 2200 is truly active from within reasonable timeframe. right now. We get like 60 new subscribers a day - and like 2 drop outs.
    8. I will soon install a new add-ons: among others a new mobile chat function - heavily requested by many. It will cost me like 70 dollars and 10 dollars in monthly subscription.

There you go! Plenty of good reasons to chip in a donation from time to time

Any guarantee that I will spent all the donations on CM? Well, I could easily just buy beer for all of them, and let CM sink....
    But why would I spent so much money on buying CM and take on the huge responsibility. supported by an energetic board and mods, If I were only to let it all go to hell?
    So You have to trust me on this one. That is all I can ask for. Your trust in me, and perhaps a small donation from time to time, If you like CM even just half as much as I do:)

And should I ever be flooded - with Donations - beyond reason, You will be the first to know;-)

Two ways of donation

1. The DONATE BUTTON

1. hit the donate menuitem

2. write an amount - and hit the Donate button
    3. You would then be taken to Paypal for donation. The receiver will be paypal@ident.nu
    You choose to have it listed in the donation list or not:)

If that for some reason does not work for you You can also use this procedure:

2. DIRECTLY FROM YOUR PAYPAL WINDOW

Send donation from your own Paypal account to paypal@ident.nu
    It will be listed as whatever you choose,
    ( Please drop a line to me in the Paypal window - mark it minimum with "donation" and preferable you CM member name - I would like to know who to thank!. Please also consider sending me a PM her on the Mansion. I would love that:))

Sincerly
    Jens
    Administrator

Rachael_ likes this.
  2. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    6:43 AM
    #2 Billus, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    Donation sent. I hope that the recognition process for those who do donate is also revamped. ( Comment fro admin oct. 15: It now has been) If people see how many around them have donated, it may help others (such as new users) to also want to participate. If you think no one around you is kicking in, then the assumption is "why should I?".

BlueEyes likes this.
  3. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    @Billus - Thank You so much:) ! Your Donation is already on the account. Works like a charm:)

And You are oh so right!
    I will make sure that it will be know to all how kind this community can be, in oh so many ways;-)

Also those Donations that will come in - in the nearest future - will be displayed.
    As stated - They will not show up in the listings just Yet!

4. cagemeplease

cagemeplease Guest

Forgive me if these questions are considered in bad taste or politicalmy incorrect by some, I am just very fiscally conservative. I believe in educated donating-knowing where my money goes, what is an actual fair share, what does my money support, etc.....
    With all that said, 1) What does it cost to run this site for a month-a realistic estimate is great right here & 2) How many regular visitors/members are on the rolls, those that log in an average of twice weekly or more?
    If you prefer not to discuss this publicly, please be so kind as to pm me the information. I am very simply a fair share type and carry only my load and none other.
    Good luck, Blue Eyes. Thank you for taking on the challenge of running CM.
    LRW

5. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Bit of a mind boggler this one.

I forgot about donations... It didn't even cross my mind until @BlueEyes asked for the donations account to be transferred over. At that point I realised I'd never had it!!!!!

6. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    #6 BlueEyes, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Thanks for asking @cagemeplease - only proves a genuine interest:)

In all honesty I do not have an overview to the full extend just yet, but I can say this with certainty:

1. I have paid a considerable sum - the size of it I will not disclose - but a sum for having the responsibility for holding this non-profit generating site in the air...
    2. The server fee on the dedicated server at wired tree.com is right now 70 dollars a month. I like to look into this. We might get it cheaper, but it seems as if some if it is support fees...., so it is not black or white....
    3. The domain is 27.90 dollars a year
    4. The Xenforo software license might needs to be renewed - we are working on that. ( potentially 200 dollars - on time)
    5. All of the current Xenforo add-ons that has been installed on the CM installation is approx 45 dollars a month in subscription - to keep us updated.
    6. The server load indicates peak hours above 95 % - 110 % server load. Number of active users is on display on site for all to see. It varies...
    7. The user base is plus 13000, out of them approx 1200 is truly active from within reasonable timeframe. right now. We have experienced a drop in active users. because of the fall out, but over the last 4 days the activity has been on the rising!
    8. I will soon install a new add-on: a new mobile chat function - heavily requested by many. It will cost me like 70 dollars and 10 dollars in monthly subscription.

There you go!:) Plenty of good reasons to chip in a donation from time to time :)

Any guarantee that I will spent all the donations on CM? Well, I could easily just buy beer for all of them, and let CM sink....
    But why would I spent so much money on buying CM and take on the huge responsibility. supported by an energetic board and mods, If I were only to let it all go to hell?
    So You have to trust me on this one. That is all I can ask for. Your trust in me, and perhaps a small donation from time to time, If you like CM even just half as much as I do:)

I will get it fixed - the donation button - in a better more "silent" way than before - and with that the list of donators (there will still be an option to stay anonymous ) and the goal-meter....

Any more questions @cagemeplease ? Don't hesitate to ask:)
    And should I ever be flooded - with Donations - beyond reason, You will be the first to know;-)

BlueEyes
    Administrator

MistressPhedre and richard like this.
  7. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    7:43 PM
    I will make a donation in a weeks time I am off on holiday
    But love the site and will do my bit :)

BlueEyes likes this.
  8. cagemeplease

cagemeplease Guest

Thank you for the in-depth information. It was exactly what I wanted. Just let us know when the system is up & I will be glad to send in my 'fair share'. Thank you for understanding this peculiar old man. I hope you receive enough to buy the occasional single malt. You will certainly earn it.
    LRW

9. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    @BlueEyes Donation made.

Could you please be so kind to let me know when it arrives, I'm really not familiar with PayPal so am a little concerned that I maybe did not do it right.

Thanks in advance,

brgds

Felix cum ea

BlueEyes likes this.
  10. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    #10 BlueEyes, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    You are welcome:) Transparency is the name of the game. And trust:) The paypal@ident.nu is already open for donation, if you feel like it. I am already to pay for the services and license in 2 weeks time, but of course I will have the donation button fixed soon:)

11. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Thank You Felix! It has arrived:) Just perfect. Thanks for showing your love for CM in such and outspoken fashion:)

12. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Hey All - I have shuffled some of my answers a little around and clarified - yes I can do that.
    So by reading the first post you sort of get it all in once. And may I stress out that paypal@ident.nu works like a charm for donations.
    The donate button on the donate page - will be fixed within a week or so..., but please don't hesitate to put your money to good use - and to help out!
    Most appreciated:)

13. Lucy

Lucy Lucy X

UK, East Midlands
    Local Time:
    Just sent some money :) Come on everyone support the cause and keep the Mansion alive. If every member sent something imagine how long it would be paid for? So instead of paying $3 dollars for you caffine fix or £3 for it in starbucks etc, send it to paypal@ident.nu and ensure that the thing that gives you more ups and more joy than a coffee stays alive :)

@BlueEyes - keep it up boss man!

Hugs
    Lucy x

BlueEyes likes this.
  14. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    i gonna save some of my money up and give it back to Mistress and then She can send it. i does have some sometimes left over from my nite out on a Friday.

BlueEyes likes this.
  15. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Oh Jemina, that is so sweet... :) !!!

16. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Donation well received @philfred - Thank You so much:) Soon I will have enough to buy that new an better mobile frontend. to give all You mobile users - a better messaging - system and a better chat function...:)

17. tegelad

tegelad Class and sophistication in all things

High Tech Internet Architect
    Texas
    Local Time:
    1:43 AM
    So click on the button right :p .... enjoy!

BlueEyes likes this.
  18. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Ohhhh - May I quote what You just did @tegelad !!! ??? What A wonderful act of love for the mansion. Thank You so Much.
    I will make them come to good use and benefits for all members..... :)

19. tegelad

Texas
    Local Time:
    Normally I keep things anonymous whenever/wherever possible; however, given the turmoil of late sure feel free. Everyone in this extended family are good folks, even the more opinionated ones :)

20. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    @tegelad - You just donated almost for an entire month of expenses! - or - and I hope you dont mind, - perhaps I rather spent it on a new mobile message and chat add-on? Other donations will go to help me pay the monthly expenses;-) All right with You?

21. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I'm so glad to see the money sent to the Mansion is actually going to the Mansion.

@BlueEyes you are an inspiration.

Mascara^Snake and richard like this.
  22. tegelad

Texas
    Local Time:
    Do with it as you need/want! I am not a micro-manager, I believe in having people learn/grow/do naturally. I just want to share my resources with the broader friends/family, because that is what is important to me. I just wish my loved one was as open-minded as the rest of the family here ....

23. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    I have used this site for years as the fiction area shows so a small donation done from me as recompense for inflicting my story ideas on you all.

24. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Sounds like a perfect deal for us all:):)

richard likes this.
  25. detainee

detainee Member

Local Time:
    2:43 AM
    Curious, has any consideration been given to using corporate sponsors? Seems like device manufacturers could get plenty of traffic from the site if appropriate changes were implemented. One would have to consider carefully introducing generic advertising though. Unsure if manufacturers are sophisticated enough with their web analytics and marketing strategies to measure lift/conversions sourced from your site. Arrangements could be straight fee-based, or percentage of product sales sourced from site.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice