MaleChastityNow Contender Impressions & Review

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by ChasteDilf13, Sep 2, 2015.

1. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:46 PM
    I've been in chastity for about a year and a half and have used several different devices. I originally bought a CB6K which turned out to be way too small and tight, and difficult to clean. I ordered several stainless steel Chinese devices and did find one or two that fit better, however they were all really heavy and still had spots that would pinch or chafe over time. My wife/KH and I decided to get a custom device.

I looked at several custom devices but narrowed it down to the MM Jailbird and MCN Contender. Both designs were very similar in many ways, and both MM and MCN had excellent reputations for build quality and customer service. I chose the Contender in the end for a few reasons. It seemed the Contender was slightly lighter than the Jailbird, (~4oz vs ~5oz), and I wanted the cage to be as light as possible. The Contender started about 70$USD cheaper than the Jailbird, and the build time was only a few days vs 6-8 weeks for the Jailbird. Lastly, MCN offered the custom security screws to use instead of a padlock which make the cage even lighter with no noisy parts. In the end I decided to go with the Contender.

I wanted to get this right so I spent several days taking measurements, doing research, testing out my existing cages and talking with Mark at MCN. In the end I decided to go with an oval base ring since most people find the more comfortable than round rings. I wrestled with the inner diameter and cage length the most.

My Chinese cages all had an ID of about 1 1/4 and I found them snug enough to be secure, but not too tight. MCN's suggestion was to go no more than 1/4 smaller than my erect girth, which is 1.75". It seemed like a good suggestion because one of the problems I've been having is when I get aroused while locked, the cage would push very far away from my body. My erect width was too wide to fit in the device, so it pushed the cage very far out. I wanted the width to be small enough to be somewhat snug, but wide enough that the cage wouldn't slide off me while aroused.

I found the length difficult to judge. Flacid I'm a little over 4" long (although I'm uncut so I had to judge through the skin), and I figured the cage wouldn't rest tight against my body. I chose an overall length shorter than 4".

These are the options I finally chose:
    • Contender
    • Finish: Satin
    • Base Ring (inner diameter): 1-3/4 inches
    • Base Ring Shape: Oval
    • Ring to Cage Gap: 1/4 inch
    • Cage Ring (inner diameter): 1-3/8 inches
    • Flaccid Length: 3-3/4 inches
    • Lock Style: Medium Security Screw +25$
    I placed my order in early July, and it shipped out 4 days later. It arrived in Canada about 2 weeks after I placed the order!

IMG_20150722_114202-small.jpg

My initial impression was that the build quality was excellent, and I was shocked at how light it felt compared to my Chinese cages. After wearing it for a few days I decided that the width was perfect but the length was a too long by 1/2". I spoke with Mark at MCN and he offered to shorten the front of the cage for me. I shipped the cage back to Mark, and it only took him 2 days to make the adjustments and ship the modified cage back to me.

I'm now back in my adjusted cage and am very pleased with the result (so is my Wife/KH). I think the fit and weight make it easy to wear 24/7 long term. The security screw was also a great choice. It uses a custom hex key with a hole in the end, so not something I had laying around. It's easy enough to put on and off (with the key), and it ads no extra weight while keeping the device very secure. The only down side is my wife can't wear it on her neck, instead she keeps it locked in a jewelry case.

My experience with Mark and MCN's customer service has been excellent. His communication has been very timely and his build/modify turn around times are awesome. The quality of material and construction are very good. I don't have any other custom cage to compare my against, but I would recommend the Contender to anybody looking for a custom cage.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  2. K1nky6uy

K1nky6uy Active member

Local Time:
    11:46 PM
    Thanks for the review - I'm curious as to how the increased diameter of the cage feels - strikes me that it could feel a bit loose especially if you are used to being snug. My Chinese cage is 1.5" diameter which is a squeeze when erect but feels a bit loose when flaccid. I would prefer it to feel a bit more snug, so 1 1/4" would seem to be the right width for me.

3. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So I debated alot about the inner width and I'm glad I went a little wider. In my particular case I'm slightly wider at the base and get more narrow towards the tip, both erect and flaccid. I'm also uncut. When I would get aroused in the snug Chinese cage it would get pushed very far out from my body. I would still have plenty of foreskin in the device, but I was basically getting erect behind it. The new cage with a little bit more room makes sure I stay inside the cage, even when hard so it doesn't stick out as much. It also means that erections aren't painful at all and I can sleep through the night with zero discomfort.

Something to note about the Contender related to the design itself, is that the cage portion at the end is bigger than the concentric rings. So the ID of the concentric rings may be 1 3/8, but the thinner metal at the end and lengthwise design means it has more width than the base. Just something to consider.

In my case, the reason I had the cage shortened was that although I did fill the original cage to the tip, the roomier cage felt a little empty. My thought process was that if I shorten the cage so that my tip is pressed up against the end, it would compress me enough that I'd fill the width of the cage. Removing 1/2" achieved that and now the fit is pretty perfect. I touch the tip and there is just enough grow room that the cage doesn't push away from my body. Sorry for the explicit pic, I haven't removed the device since I had it re-sized so I haven't had an opportunity to take another picture like the one I posted above.

IMG_8049-small.jpg

4. Keen

Keen Member

Norway
    Local Time:
    12:46 AM
    @ChasteDilf13 , do you stay aligned with your urethra in the front square at all times, or do you have to adjust each time you pee?

5. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I usually have to re-align. I'm uncut so my skin rests up against the end of the cage. When I move around my clothes will shift my skin around a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice