Losing the emergency key

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Lialuvit, Apr 27, 2015.

Random Thread
  1. Lialuvit

Lialuvit Just starting out down this road in our marriage

Local Time:
    10:12 PM
    Hey princess locks me up but I have been keeping the emergency key. thinking of locking up and mailing the key to hey .. thoughts?

safety? has anyone done something like that?

2. maff2k

maff2k Active member

Local Time:
    3:12 AM
    I've never had an emergency key available. I've always worked on the theory that if it's an emergency I can cut the padlock off with a hacksaw.

Emergency departments have bolt cutters should it get that bad.

Get rid of the key! There's no need to have one once you're a regular wearer.

guest 2942 likes this.
  3. Sunny

Sunny Long term member

Horticulturist
    Mumbai, India
    Local Time:
    7:42 AM
    If I had kept the emergency key with me, then I would have lost all the excitement of being locked!
    Both keys should always be with the key holder

maff2k likes this.
  4. maff2k

maff2k Active member

Local Time:
    In my opinion, the only time you need an emergency key is when you first start wearing a cage. Once you you know you can wear without trouble you dont need access to an emergency key.

Sunny likes this.
  5. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    I would agree once you get to being able to go say 3 or 4 weeks with out any kind of removal . It's the any kind of removal that is important bit !

Xx Wendy

Karens Boy likes this.
  6. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    4:12 AM
    What's the problem with having an emergencykey around. If there really is ay emergency at hand you might have a problem looking for a hacksaw first - especially if you are in a city, an airport or other places where there are usually no hacksaws around.
    Ifyou want to have the key as secure as the lock itself use some kind of key box. There are some kind of key boxes around that are no larger than 3 credit cards (above each other) usually used for landlords sealing their emergency keys for rented flats ( there is no way to use the key without breaking the box).

7. Sig Wyrminorb

Sig Wyrminorb Long term member

San Francisco, CA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:12 PM
    I like an earlier poster's idea about zip tying it under the sink with a numbered lock.

8. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    There are loads of ways to keep an emergency key in such a way that accessing it can not be covered up. If you live apart it makes even more sense ro have one.

The knowing it is there and you could use it but choose not to.

The debate on whether that adds to or detracts from the experience for either the KH or the lockee could for ever. Suffice to say its an individual thing or should I say couple thing. I did not really want one, I found most of my partners have insisted so I had one for their peace of mind.

9. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    Not to shelf shill, but I've started making glass pendants with the key encased inside. I'm still working on a slightly smaller form factor and a solution for rubber coated keys.

There's a picture here: http://www.chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?gallery/photos/key-keeper-chastity-pendant.8631/

That one includes the lock along with it. If you have a lock you're in love with and want your current key encased, or one like above that includes the lock, get in touch. Spoiler, the pendant that comes with the lock is slightly cheaper as it's not a custom job.

10. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    To me it's just common sense to have an emergency at hand all times, but if you don't want to have acess to it and still want to have one around at home if you are not living together just get yourself a small safe with just your lady knowing the combination.

As for the glass pendant everyone can make themself a cheap alternative - though it may take it's time. Just encase the key in a salt crystal. ;)
    Doing it without lab equipment it really takes time, but hey - f you are into long term that shouldn't matter. ;)
    And once the crystal reaches a certain size you even can use it as some kind of size you can even use it as some kind of decoration for your bed of livingroom - especially if you grew a coloured crystal. At least thats what we did once, when i grew one and it reached a volume of about 400ml.

11. maff2k

maff2k Active member

Local Time:
    Before I say my bit I need to state that this is my opinion. Yours may differ and that's awesome. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same.

I've always wondered why people think they need an emergency key. Before chastity, in the 40 or so years I've been on this planet, I've never needed to show anyone my junk without good notice (my vasectomy). Come to think of it, I can extend that to never having shown anyone my underpants for the same reason!

Airports are often mentioned as "emergency" settings but I completely fail to see why. I can't believe that people suddenly find themselves at an airport without pre-planning a trip. Even if you were searched it's completely unlikely that any security personnel are going to say anything. It'd be a job-loser to ridicule a traveller's attire.

If you're in an accident that requires removal of trousers then you're probably not going to be in a position to use your key. How many of you guys are currently in panties and not wearing boxers on top? Do you carry emergency underpants around in a sealed container?

Like I say, if you or you KH likes having an emergency key then carry on - that's ace. I personally, don't see the point.

With the absolute kindest of regards

M

kellysbitch likes this.
  12. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    there are several things that could wish you want to use a key- f.e. having pushed a testicle through the gap between a-ring and tube. Apart from the pain you'll have anyway you might not want arbound in this condition for half a day or even more...

As for airports I agree that they are usually a thing you can plan for, but there are other places as well you don't allways know before they might use bodyscanners, magnetic- or other devices that might require not bringing anything made our metal near them.

13. maff2k

maff2k Active member

Local Time:
    I must admit, it's something that I've never had experience of. Is this a common thing or is it more an "early days" thing. I can see how having an emergency key in the first few weeks of chastity could be a good thing whilst you get used to wearing a cage and get all the adjustments right. After that I don't see the need - but as I said, it's a "horses for courses" thing and, well, whatever works for people is cool!

14. lock667

lock667 Long term member

Local Time:
    Just be careful not to corrode your key into uselessness. I tried using a little lemon juice and then a water rinse to brighten a key I used in a prototype and now it's rusting away inside the glass because it didn't dry well. Glad it wasn't the real one....

As far as the "why an emergency key?" question...no, most stuff you can plan ahead (airports, doctors) and if you get into an accident no one is likely to go through your wallet looking for a taped up key on an index card.

But the testicle slip *is* a good example. Also, there's something to be said for having the key there but juuuuuust out of reach to make being locked that much sweeter an experience.

maff2k likes this.
  15. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    @lock667, hmmm....some women may pay extra for the rusting key :D

Joroincharge and lock667 like this.
  16. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    You don't need an emergency key. None of you do. An emergency key only ultimately serves to put you in control of your lock up rather than your keyholder.

17. her knight

her knight Active member

Indiana
    Local Time:
    If you have to have one, get a very small zip lock bag. Drop the key in it and super glue it shut, then tuck it in a wallet or something like that and forget about it.

18. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #18 Mascara^Snake, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Exactly. Then you will not have lost control over your bits. You can just pretend that you have.

19. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    You could also do this with the spare key :) 2015-04-30 16.50.13.png
    Bec is happy that I have it on me at all times.

Jc7210 and lock667 like this.
  20. Kept4her

Kept4her Member

Dallas, Texas
    Local Time:
    9:12 PM
    I just posted on another emergency key post and you can read the long version there but - the short version. Couldn't come up with a "real" emergency that justified a key, so she keeps the keys.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  21. Karens Boy

Karens Boy Member

Local Time:
    I tend to agree with the no emergency key. I think the key inside a safe with a combination is a good compromise though. That being said, we don't do that. When the wife is out of town or whatever, and I were to run into an issue that required it to be removed for health reasons, I could easily cut the lock off if an emergency came up. This is all assuming the device was tested 24/7 for at least a few weeks, preferably a month to make sure it was fitted properly and there were no issues.

Mascara^Snake and maff2k like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice