Device Comparison info

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by OwnedbyLeeanne, Jul 28, 2014.

1. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    10:20 PM
    Hi,

I have been researching devices and reading reviews and it is extremely difficult to come to a conclusion.
    My suggestion is that a spreadsheet or similar could be developed that enabled members to list their device and
    rate it on a number of parameters such as Comfort, Ease of fitment, Night time comfort, Security, etc. etc.
    If a rating was developed between 1 & 10 for each category it would be easy to see how these devices stacked up.
    Of course I realise that one mans 3 for comfort could be another mans 7 however if the levels were explained enough it could be done,eg. 1= No Pain at all anytime, 2=Tightness but no pain 3= Pain only during night time....you get the idea.
    Anyway just a thought.

2. Governess Stephanie

Governess Stephanie Long term member

Self Employed
    Adelaide
    Local Time:
    9:50 PM
    The responses would certainly be very interesting to see, but I think the real dampner on the idea is the fact that it still would not provide a quick good easy guide as to what device to use. There are just so many variables involved that I don't believe that it could come out with a recommendation of which device is the best. Sorry to put down the idea ! On a more positive note, it would be interesting reading users responses and seeing what the statistics actually show. There are now many devices to choose from and still quite a few that are not well know.
    I applaude your suggestion.

3. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I did not see it as a way of getting recommendations more just of making it easier to compare devices so you could rule out some without having to read a review.
    I know it would not be easy however I think it would be great just need someone (ie. Not Me) to gather the info.
    Many of the Members have had more than one device and would be good candidates as they could directly compare devices.

4. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    7:20 PM
    Hi there!

IMHO, over time this would become a great tool.

It's true everyone's experience and opinion will be different. But statistically, patterns will begin to arise. And one would be able to see a general trend for a device...

The results would be interesting to see.....!

I would wonder what the manufacturers would make of such a database too..... o_O

Good idea!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

5. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    People's reactions are so different and subjective, and everyone's mileage may vary.... this sounds like an effort to quantify something that isn't really quantifiable.

6. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Nostromo,

It should be able to be done, it is a matter of asking the correct questions that is all.
    If you men can rate a Woman (ie. 5 out of 10) then you can rate ANYTHING ! :D
    And now for the Females.
    If we can rate a Man (ie. 1 out of 5) then we can rate ANYTHING !:spank:

I gave men a lower range because they don't have the diversity that the fairer sex does. ;)

Dianne

7. omegastar013

omegastar013 looking for love

disabled
    norfolk, virginia
    Local Time:
    I would recommend buying chinese devices at first until you know what you like since they are very cheap and a lot of them are fairly good quality.

Wendygirl likes this.
  8. Kir_S

Kir_S Active member

Moscow
    Local Time:
    2:20 PM
    Hi, all!
    I guess before rating chastity devices you shoud first classify users and then classify devices itself.
    Here are some examples for classification criteria:
    - grower or not (for a grower balance between security and comfort is much more difficult)
    - attitude towards pain in general and CBT in particular (for a CBT lover pain - but not every pain - is an important part of a play)
    - piercing or attitude towards piercing (PA-5000 or Lori's devices may provide a good security/comfort balance but only for pierced guys).
    In this classification i am unpierced CBT-loving grower, so my best choice is KTB (tried many other options). But if you propose KTB for a sissy who is afraid of pain, he will reject it and it will be good choice as well.

Regards,
    K.

9. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi,

I guess my idea was along the following lines.
    1. Easy of Fitting

10. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    Hi,
    I guess my idea was along the following lines.
    1. Easy of Fitting
    Scale 1 to 5
    1= Easy to fit unassisted
    2= May need lubricant or stocking assist
    3= Difficult to fit without pinching
    4= Easier with assistance by other person.
    5= Impossible to fit without additional assistance.
    2. Comfort Day time
    Scale 1 to 5
    1= Extremely comfortable can forget it is on
    2=Very comfortable only mildly aware of device
    3= Comfortable but some pinching requiring adjustment
    4=Uncomfortable requires continual adjustment
    5=Unwearable
    As a further example the Chinese devices I have tried have both had hinged rings
    that cause pinching and the only answer is tubing to cover the hinge.
    This problem would be the same for all wearers.

11. subklik

subklik Office Girl

Local Time:
    If every cock was exactly the same in every way and dimension, comparisons would be so easy.
    But they're not are they?
    We have some funnel shapes with 8 inch circumference around the base with a smaller front end. We have huge with equal thickness all the way along to the head. Long short medium banana shape etc.
    None of which matters a whit until erections some up. That is when tubes break and damage happens, often involving blood if you happen to be large enough when erect. Tubes and devices to my discovery do NOT prevent erections oh if only they did! If you are large then steel is the worst thing because it is the least likely to yield to the hydraulic pressure that is an erection. How many time did I wake up in the night with severe damage that I had to wake up my wife to unlock me for.

I have suffered so much dick damage that I have given up and at night we use a different locking system which isn't relevant to this discussion.
    But one size or one solution does NOT fit all. I have concluded that most devices especially tubes work best for average size or small guys. I have a belt on as I type this but it has a rubber tube that expands covered by a steel cup held tight to the body. This works well, but we really want to try the neo steel arch.
    That is a lot of money to spend to find out it doesn't work for us either though.

Still curious to see tis chart or spread sheet though.

Cheers!

12. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have to agree with subklik ... to many sizes and at a certain point off the shelf just does not work ...

If any sort of "comparison" were to be done the first thing that the reader would need to know is the penis measurements of the reviewer. As an owner of a Sex Toy store, I have tried just about every off the shelf device out there (Birdlocked / bon4 / holytrainer / CB6000 / bird cage / Asylum 4 and 6 ring/ etc) ... and I have determined that for me an off the shelf device will NOT work for long term wear ... they are fun to play in for a couple hours, but anything over 24 hours becomes too irritating, the longest I've been able to stay in one was just over 72 hours (after which I needed 4 days to allow things to recover).

So while your idea / questions are great ... the very first thing would be to categorize the users (size flaccid / size hard) ... then I think what you are saying is true that you will THEN see a pattern develop

Dan

13. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    When I started this thread the intention was to be able to give some general feedback about certain devices and in general how they performed.
    I di not envision a complete guide so that all you had to do was punch in all your dimensions and out would pop your ideal device.
    As an example my first Chinese device had issues because of the hinged ring causing pinching after experimenting I was able to wear it 24x7.
    My second Chinese device is much better however and after changing the short rubber tube they supply to cover the hinge with full length silicon as well as going up a size in the ring it is now great to wear all the time.
    So if I was rating comfort out of 10 I would give the first 4 when straight out of the box and a 6 when modified.
    The second device I would give a 3 out of the box and a 8 after changing the ring and tubing.

I don't think we would need to worry about everyone's size as even people who have gone custom are all over the site asking about sizing etc. because they have issues.

14. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    While I agree with what you are intending ... but ... if you do not quantify the needs the reviewer is placing on the item ... the reader will not really get any value from the information.

As I have found by trying everything off the shelf ... for my personal needs the sizing of the off the shelf just doesn't work for me ... It would have been nice to not spend the $800 + testing them out and known right away that I needed to order custom.

Just my thoughts ...

15. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    I am certainly a newbie when it comes to all this and have limited exposure to devices.
    I have just found that many people do not post particularly useful info about their device.
    Maybe a chart is not the way to go so I will start off with the following as what I consider useful information.

1. split rings pinch with even the tiniest of gap at the hinge as a scrotum is like an octopus and gets into the tiniest crack.
    2. The rubber tube supplied with the Chinese devices is crap and needs replacing with Silicon that goes around the complete ring.
    3. Shorter cage is better and more comfortable.
    4.You can pull out the back no matter what.
    5. My first device had a large opening or slot to pee from and I could actually get my whole penis to go through the opening and achieve orgasm.
    6. My current device has a cap at the end with small holes in it and my foreskin protrudes and then get caught on my underwear (Ouch).
    7.My current device came with a urethral tube that I can get to insert as it is to big so I don't use it.
    8. I use baby oil to lube the device and ring as you cant use silicon lube with silicon tubing.
    9. I wear tight lycra type briefs so that they hold the device snug and stop it dragging down the shaft under its
    own weight.
    10.The underwear needs to cover the complete sac to stop from getting sore from the rubbing so boxers are out.

So that is what I would like to see for all the devices because I did not think any of that would be a problem and I am sure other have similar issues.

16. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    I think the idea has loads of milage it's just how it's going to work technical but I am sure there are a few on here that do that sort of thing every day.

It would certainly help to weed out the real rubish devices and dodgy suppliers.

Xx Wendy

subklik likes this.
  17. Urcatcher

Urcatcher Active member

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    I would trust the advice of wearers who can make comparisons between devices based on their own personal experience wearing the devices that are being compared. If you do this, you will find out that wearers of custom fit medical grade steel devices who have also worn off the shelf devices find the custom fit stainless devices (MatureMetal, Steelwerks, Lori) to be vastly superior to the off the shelf plastic, silicon, or chrome devices in terms of long term comfort and hygiene. Of course custom fit devices are more expensive .... Generally it is true that you get what you pay for......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice