Enforcing the Mansions own set Rules

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by BlueEyes, Sep 1, 2014.

1. BlueEyes

BlueEyes The lifestyle pumps in my veins...
    Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    3:29 PM
    Difficult as it is to fight the flood of scammers, and still allowing for some fair and square soliciting, or exchange of goods, sissies and all, here on the Mansion, - I think it would be quite handy if the Mansions own rules were enforced.

I am not blaming anyone among moderators and owners of the Mansion - I am just giving a little limelight to the pretty straight forward set of rules that are already there:

lostandfound.jpg

If You would like assistance in the enforcement, - please don't hesitate to ask to me and at least a handful of other members... We love the fact that this forum is sober....

In the past some of us have been accused for being too eager to pinpoint scammers and such. Well, if these rules in Lost and Found are for real, I can't find any legal ground for accusing us. Scammers are not even playing by these rules.... so we have acted in good faith, and will continue to offer our assistance.

If it for some reason is not welcome, - please lets us know, and dump the rules entirely...

Sincerly
    BlueEyes...

2. Amethyst

Amethyst New member

Veterinary student
    Chile
    Local Time:
    10:29 AM
    Well, maybe I should not comment -after all,I'm new here-... but I think this is a very good and necessary initiative, under the circumstances, and I'm agree.

Let us beware ;)

3. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    2:29 PM
    I definitely think that a full profile of say 200 words say is mandatory and i am ok with 10 posts before you can start a thread .
    I never know how some of these profiles work of being years old but with only 1 or 2 posts then an advert for an expensive custom made device.
    Xx Wendy

4. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    You all want to critisise how the Mansion is run. I wonder how quick you are to donate.
    Who the hell do you think you are. If you have something to say about Admin say it to him.
    He is struggling to get the money to pay for the site. You want to help donate.
    Money where your mouth is.

5. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    #5 maid_carrie, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    1 - "Fair and Square soliciting" has always been frowned upon on this site and led to a rapid ban - no money permitted. Seeking a a play partner is what Lost and Found is all about.

2 - As is said by @BlueEyes elsewhere, the people seeking to make money out of members do not use the Lost and Found - so why raise it?

3 - The 10 post rule is a great one but it is a hangover from an old forum package that actually did operate as stated. I suspect that the current one may not have that facility. Only @Administrator can answer that and hopefully set it up again - but see "2"

4 - The only people who post 200 words or more on their profile are the people who are dubbed scammers. So they would all pass the "Wendy test" with ease :p

5 - There are members here who are called Moderators, and they do great job under difficult conditions - press the report button rather than run around the site pointing and shouting out how bad things are. It is this which undermines the forum. Potential good members can see what is being said and may be dissuaded from joining. And engaging with these scammers just encourages them

6 - If you have hard evidence of communication or chat history let the moderators see it.

Mistress Jules and lockit like this.
  6. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    Where is criticism ????????
    You all !!! Well two of us have made suggestions but I see no criticism just possable positive ways forward.
    Also if I understand my Banks rules if i would like to donate a small amount each
    month it would cost more in curancy charges than the amount that cm would receive .

Why is payment a prerequisite of trying to make CM a better place.
    So who ever pays the most becomes in charge ? Because that is what you are saying.

I know the 200 words rule works very well on other sites. It would also help to
    get to know who people are especially when they want to chat.

In fact only a couple of the scammers have posted 200 words mostly it's very few words as English is not their first or even maybe their second language.

I would doubt that few if any potential members would read enough to be put off joining just because of a couple of heated threads.
    The reverse is more likely correct ,as
    people would see this is a lively community that has lots of people contributing and moreover who care.

re mods some are sporadic if no longer
    visitors to CM .

At the end of the day no changes have to be made . Let the scammers post as they wish no skin of my nose or pounds out of my wallet . Any one can have fun with them , it is so easy to see them for what they are.

I do feel sorry for people that are taken in and even if no money changes hands emotional curancy is spent.

On that basis I feel a duty of care is placed in every members hands. Just has H&S is when you are at work or even walking down the street.
    Thus we look after each other it's what being a nice person is all about.

When this matter arose a few weeks ago I was surprised at the attitude of some members to change. If things did not change we would still be walking on 4 feet . Which would mean I would have to buy two pairs of matching heels .

Short answer nothing HAS to change but constructive conversation may be helpful to keep CM an interesting vibrant community.

Xx Wendy

Lady De likes this.
  7. cagemeplease

cagemeplease Guest

Ok, I've really tried to remain on the sidelines here, but here's my simple take on the subject.
    If the mods find a pro listing in the wrong forum, move it.
    If a member is approached and asked for financial support, either say no or don't complain when you get victimized. It is not the mods responsibility to control your behavior.
    How difficult can it be?

Wendygirl and scob89 like this.
  8. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Hey @maid_carrie Thanks for joining in :) here out in the open where everybody can see our shared concern.

It is my strong believe that the very fact that we discuss the issues in the open is a very vivid and good way of telling everybody what this forum is and isn't. A constant reminder to us all to actively join forces in keeping this forum the best there is....

Hell, Yes, I would love to see this to be handled with delicacy by enforced rules or intervention by moderators. But I fear we ask for too much , from these volunteers, to investigate and evaluate 24/7.
    Believe it - I have certainly used the "Report function" numerous times. I still haven't seen any significant outcome from this practices. It has made me wonder from time to time if the button had any function applied to it.

When nothing happened I ended up concluding that it would only be fair to help out after all , and so I did, along with others. @Mascara^Snake 's "Off you go" thread is a fine example of member initiated help to spot and label scammers etc.. It remains the de facto best way so far in the absence of a administrator/moderator anti-scam-strategy......

Only problem is that it is pretty well hidden from the once who would benefit the most from reading it....

Well, there is one more problem: The lack of enforced rules, makes us from time to time to team up in fractions and with almost religious agitation attacking one another for misinterpreting the "rules". That is what I call bad publicity for the Mansion!
    Not the fact that we actively in the open help one another - by the use of common sense - in the absence of enforced rules - to give scammers a clear message, that their business isn't welcome here....

@maid_carrie - There are tool and techniques out there to make rapid investigations to validate solicitors identity, or at least to find evidence that they are not who they claim to be. Great tools by the way. I sometimes wonder if they are know to moderators... If that is the case - it is truly a pity, cause nothing is more dear to me than to ease those peoples burden, they are doing it all for free - and deserves more than a "Thank You!"

But - why don't we here out in the open ask moderators and administrators - what policies and rules they are enforcing - or have intentions of enforcing? I have asked before...

So before anyone comes down on me and tells me that it HAS been stated that the proper action always is to report suspicion of misconduct, - please understand that I am asking for the ruleset, the values, the profile of this forum to be named and declared - openly. And that is much more than a simple question of what procedures to follow in reporting....

In the event that scammers in a more official way are to be pinpointed and labelled I am a strong supporter of the concept of having them on display in a dedicated section.

And @maid_carrie - You are right - the scammers don't use the Lost and Found. Maybe they have in fact read the clause, -and therefore avoiding post in there? LOL!! Well , of course not. I was only saying that any soliciting were to take place in there, - and if it was not, - there was some obvious grounds for sending people of.

But the dedicated section approach would ease the load on moderators shoulders, cause the practices seems to be that the scammers keeps reemerging again an again... And not always under new names... To nail them in the open in a moderator regulated section, would be very convenient...

If nothing apparently is being done to fight back on the current flood of scammers - please don't be to hard in your judgement on our "unofficial" actions - we are only trying to preserve the virginity of the Mansion...

But I am sure that there are even better ways...

Lady De likes this.
  9. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    @lockit - I think you once called me a bully. Can I buy you a mirror?
    I think it would be fair to say that we at least can agree to disagree. I am fine with that.
    I have read @Wendygirl 's post - and are absolutely in line.
    And no one is accusing administrator, where did that come from?
    Speaking for myself - I am gently asking for rules, strategy and such.
    Maybe heavy soliciting is the name of the game. Who knows? - Well we don't know - do we?

So here is the deal - I will donate 100 dollars to the Mansion if someone with authority would be so kind to post the policies regarding scammers as well as Pro Dommes in here. And I will continue to donate - as I have done before , as long as this place remains a safe haven for those of us who just like to participate in the community , without being exposed to malicious scams all the time.

Those who thing that it is always peoples own fault if they engage with scammers, should think again.
    Some schemes are just too clever , and some people are just too vulnerable. How can it ever be wrong to offer them a helping hand...?

Lady De and Wendygirl like this.
  10. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    In case none of you had noticed. The "off you go" thread is already the perfect solution. It's also good fun and at the same time serves to warn everyone including the scammers. CM is not a good place to try and ply that sort of trade.
    Whenever admin feels like it he can just browse through the thread and delete all the exposed scammers.
    Perfect solution :) and it works just beautifully!

Mistress Jules and lockit like this.
  11. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Well in a perfect world it is a perfect solution.
    What happens is that most of the unwanted traffic goes as follows:

The scammer puts of a profile with an alluring avatar, and status update - seeking for subs. On their profile page you will find an invitation to send email to en external account. Often they are more pro-active and starts flooding numerous subs with invitations to chat etc..
    All if this happens while You, me and a handful of others look through the"Off You go" -thread.
    The unwanted traffic bypasses the thread, - and subs are being hijacked off the Mansion, sooner than I would go if was allowed to go after a full year in my steel tube...

Lady De likes this.
  12. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Actually I would be very interested to know exactly how many "subs" are "hijacked" from this site by scammers.
    It would be a very low proportion indeed I'm sure. Partly because the site is self policed and partly because most members are simply not gullible enough.

maid_carrie likes this.
  13. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    You must also remember, that there are some subs that are really into financial domination. Sounds insane to me too, but there you go, they're out there and who are we to deny them access to Dommes that will take care of their interests so well?

I find it slightly entertaining, but nothing more or less, when I see these finance Dommes post up, just as I find it entertaining to see people wanting to have huge steel dog masks made, or any of the 101 other odd kinks that are not my own. Live and let live. Even finance Dommes gotta eat! :)

14. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Indeed interesting to know- sure. I was referring to tactics of the scammers that are easy to observe. Of course I have no statistics on the effect. But we can all se that the scammers manage to get in contact with a number of seeking subs, before they move their business and contacted subs to other places were the business transactions can flourish... And that is just what You can pick up from their profile pages and recent activities, where they address potential "clients". A lot is going on in chats.
    On top of this many visitors to the Mansion - non members - and there seems to be a lot, are also exposed to some of this free of charge advertising. The Mansion is being exploited ....

But yes, I'm sure that the problem with hijacked subs are not at a level where the walls are tumbling down, but I do sense an significant increase in scamming activities lately... It would be naive to thing that they all come here in vain. The business possibilities are too lucrative!

Yet I have praised your initiative with the "off You go" thread, as the currently best defense we have. But maybe it is about time that we fine-tuned and promoted the efforts some more...?
    Times they are changing - as Dylan used to sing...

Lady De likes this.
  15. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This website was started to blog about a D/s relationship, it has grown and evolved in the years to what it is nowadays. A place where those interested in Male Chastity can come and discuss with others their thoughts and feelings on such things.

The originator of the site is absent most of the time and the Administrator as far as I can see is here about once a month. Life takes over and we should be thankful that they have kept paying the hosting costs to keep this site here for our enjoyment.

Chastity Mansion is what it is, a website started for one purpose which has grown to encompass much more. It is still here even although those who started it have moved on for the most part, for that we should be grateful.

So if you are not happy with the way things are and have been, the simple answer is to go.

I for one do not think that because of a few posts Admin is suddenly going to start spending time policing the site or clarifying rules. This is what we have and we either enjoy what we have or don’t.

Over the years, advice has been given to new members to check the “Off You Go” thread or to be careful of those posting in profiles offering to keyhold. It has been done in a quiet and dignified manner without many problems. It also means that direct accusations from one member to another are avoided for the most part.

If you are looking for a site that is kept clear of scammers and pro dommes then you need to find one where those who are in charge are monitoring things almost 24/7. That is about the only way to prevent the obvious culprits. Then again as we have seen here only recently, sometimes it can be a case of mistaken identity, who knows for sure in this world of internet anonymity.

As has been said above, clarification of rules and policies has been asked for quite a few times recently, it hasn’t happened. I think we need to accept that and move on. There is no point going over the same ground about rules and enforcement.

The Mansion has grown and evolved without self appointed enforcers for this long, I don’t think it needs them now.

Be thankful we still have this place when those who created it no longer seem to have a need for it.

16. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Don't take my interest in these matters as a crucade, - I do see your point:) It is valid, all right !
    My only wish is that this deliberate financial exploitation is taken some place elsewhere. And I think I am not alone in this desire. I even think you are in line with this, right? The Mansion as a safe haven , and an honest site where it is not all about making relations into finacical transactions and potential exploitation, just can't be a wrong thing to dream about...

Lady De likes this.
  17. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    Well, I like your historic roundup :) - It puts things in perspective , and your are probably right , that this site is no longer controlled by policies. - So be it, Who is to blame the one who made this site come to life..? No one!
    But to say that I ( along with others) should leave if we are not totally comfortable with the now missing policies, ( You said it yourself ) and are concerned that the booming scamming industry could have negative effect on the Mansion, is not very forward looking IMHO.
    We are taking fine-tuning here - it is not the october revolution I am trying to ignite...

Lady De likes this.
  18. BlueEyes

Administrator

Art Director
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    And I will leave the debate for now. Work is calling;-) However I would like to thank all for participating in this thread. What a vivid forum!! :) Great!
    I'll be back later - sorry;-)

19. Wendygirl

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    @Mistress Jules
    That was very interesting and a whole bunch of common sense. :)

Xx Wendy

Mistress Jules likes this.
  20. lockit

lockit Advanced Member

London
    Local Time:
    Maybe a few people should go and read Admins post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice