Exploiters - Pseudo Dommes trying to make some money

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Gerryxxx, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Gerryxxx

Gerryxxx New member

Doctor
    Sydney, Australia
    Local Time:
    8:26 PM
    Hi,

lately this website - and especially the chat in the right bottom corner - seems to be filled with pseudo dommes trying to make some money. Lately though, it seems their method has changed. First we had the most obvious version where submissives were directly asked to pay a fee to demonstrate how serious they are about the "relationship" to their new mistress-to-be.

Obviously not too many men were stupid enough to fall for that kind of exploit, so the tactics changed. Next came the version where the "Domme" made the connection and then suddenly had to go abroad to tend to whatever business (or she was already abroad and wanted to be back soon). Then somehow problems evolved and while reasons always varied, the underlying message was: Please help me out with some funds, I am stuck in a difficult situation and need to travel back. I will repay the money once I am home.

Seems this did not work out too well either, so now we have a new line of exploit. Now potential sub candidates are asked to show their devotion to their new mistress by creating a profile at another website. I personally have been asked to do that on bdsm.com and adultfriendfinder.com, but there are many more.
    The link these people give you to sign up and create a profile on these sites is never the plain basic URL but has something added, which turns the link into a referral link. Meaning if you sign up through such a referral link, the other person will receive a commission. I had a look into some of the referral programs and bdsm.com for example pays US$ 1.00 per person who creates an account, provided that at least 1 in 25 is a paying account (not just a free profile).

I am sure most of you find this as annoying as I do. My suggestion to deal with this problem is, that the operator of this website places a warning explaining the way these exploiters operate somewhere in a prominent position (e. g. a box somewhere above the forum / content part of the page.
    I would assume that one these exploiters can assume that everyone is warned about how they operate they will conclude that there is no more money to make here and move on.

Thoughts?

Regards,
    Gerry

UKgreedyus and Mascara^Snake like this.
  2. I LOVE my Choice!

I LOVE my Choice! Long term member

Western Australia
    Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    I think the idea of a warning is a TERRIFIC idea!

Unfortunately, I also suspect these people are not really reasonable enough to heed a message such as that, and I suspect the attempted fleecing will continue.... :(

But I think the warning should be posted nevertheless!!!

With the absolute kindest regards.

J.

3. Gerryxxx

Gerryxxx New member

Doctor
    Sydney, Australia
    Local Time:
    Let me update this with a list of those I know for certain are in one way or another trying to make money here:

Mystique => asks people to create profile on bdsm.com through affiliate marketing link
    MsAndrea => Asks for a contract to be signed including a "fee" (in this case $200)

Kontraband likes this.
  4. N23orMore

N23orMore Long term member

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I had MsAndrea approach me in chat and once she mentioned money I blocked her. Need to delete these users.

5. Gerryxxx

Gerryxxx New member

Doctor
    Sydney, Australia
    Local Time:
    And one more:

Princess Annie => asks people to create profile on bdsm.com through affiliate marketing link

6. Governess Stephanie

Governess Stephanie Long term member

Self Employed
    Adelaide
    Local Time:
    7:56 PM
    Mistress Andrea has a different idea or so she thinks, she asks you to sign a contract of chastity that is so vague, why would anyone bother, then send her $200 and she will hold your keys, not saying when she will return them but when you want them back you have to send her $500 and yes you guessed it you need to send the money to her cousin in the Phillipines. Now I may be a dumb blonde but does this sound for real ?????????????????????

Amethyst likes this.
  7. chastiff

chastiff Long term member

Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    maybe I'm just lonely. I enjoy chatting with these scammers. just for the laugh. fake domes are very eager to lock my cock :p to the point of begging me

Loki the Chaste likes this.
  8. xcitedsisssy

xcitedsisssy cd/sissy michelle

Retired
    Upper Midwest
    Local Time:
    When using the internet, one must be aware wherever and whatever you may do. There are fraudulent people everywhere. Even in life, when out and about you must beware of your surroundings. The same goes here. Be cautious.

Amethyst likes this.
  9. Amethyst

Amethyst New member

Veterinary student
    Chile
    Local Time:
    Best protection: be smart ;)

Money must be out of any relationships, no matter what.

Kir_S and slave_m like this.
  10. MissCharlotte

MissCharlotte Active member

Miss
    Australia
    Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    Wow! Didn't know this happened on here. I USUALLY have very nice sub gents and others wanting to chat to me on CHAT which I really enjoy. Have wondered if I should charge money for what I do as I really enjoy it, but as yet, I have not. I wont give up my day job yet.

Thanks for your help the other night, Gerry. Goes to show we are both real people.

11. Gerryxxx

Gerryxxx New member

Doctor
    Sydney, Australia
    Local Time:
    You are welcome.

12. AliceInBondageLand

Moderator Verified Female

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    Do you really think that the kind of people who lie about being "in trouble please help me" would care about a warning label?

They are here to exploit and they don't care about the rules. I don't think it will help the situation, only banning people gets results.

Source: I've run many forums.

13. Gerryxxx

Gerryxxx New member

Doctor
    Sydney, Australia
    Local Time:
    No, those people don't care.
    But if the other visitors of this website are alerted, 'business' for these fakes will go down.
    And if it goes down enough, then eventually it is no longer worth their time to try their rip-off scheme here and they will move on.
    Banning is no help, because they just create a new profile and are back within the hour.

14. Loki the Chaste

Local Time:
    If you get a message from a domme thats says :
    "Before we proceed on your training schedules . I must clear everything that I required a task exam in order for me to see if you are the one that can be a good servant to me. I am strictly wanting your full obedience in completing this if you will wish to continue the challenge."

You are 100% sure it's fake. I got his message twice, from 2 different dommes. I swear, every single words were identical. Both dommes were telling me that I had to get a membership to BDSM.com. That's what they meant by "being obedient". They also included the link (the one with the affiliate marketing link...).

And for all the real Dommes out there... I purposely used non capital letters to refer to the fake ones...because I have no respect for them. I would always address You with the proper respect.

Cheers!

15. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    As I said elsewhere @Loki the Chaste , what are the names of the people who were trying to get you to pay?

No point complaining about it and not saying who it was. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice